Thread: Travel to Kyoto & Osaka - Need Advice

Default Travel to Kyoto & Osaka - Need Advice

Hi,
    I am going to Kyoto & Osaka Early December, need some advice from the gurus

Anyone used Kansai passport before? If I purchase the 4 day Kyoto & Osaka Route pass, it comes with a coupon for JR limited express between Kansai airport and Kyoto, another coupon for Nankai limited express between Kansai airport and Namba. Any idea if this two coupons have to be used within 4 days from activation?

The problem I am facing now is I will be there for 7 days, so I was wondering whether one of the coupons for the limited express to Kansai airport can be used on the 7th day?

Besides Kansai passport, any value for money tourist pass suitable for a 7 day trip?

Thanks

Account Suspended

Default Re: Travel to Kyoto & Osaka - Need Advice

I just got a 7 day Japan JR Rail Pass for the Shinkensen Line, $388, for unlimited train rides. You have to purchase it locally first though and collect the pass over in Japan.

I went osaka last year but I didn't get the pass.

I would reckon that you will be using the subway most of the time when in Osaka and buses when in Kyoto. From Kansai to Osaka or Kyoto, you would take the train, same goes for the trip between Kyoto and Osaka. The weather would be nice and cool, so walking becomes a viable option as well. Maybe you should just hold off from buying a one solution pass.

Talking Re: Travel to Kyoto & Osaka - Need Advice

I was considering a pass because there will be some $ savings on the train trips, especially between Kansai airport and Osaka/Kyoto.

But somehow the JR Kansai Area Pass and Kansai Passport prefer to offer a 4 days package, maybe they think that 4 days in Kyoto/Osaka is good enough

7 Days is alot for Osaka/Kyoto unless you like to shop

Maybe you can factor in a day at Universal Studios.