Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hdr with a single RAW file demo

Default Re: hdr with a single RAW file demo

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    I think ya statement is not true leh....HDRi means an image with very High Dynamic Range, which is beyond what your cam's sensor can capture, so you need to have multiple shots to cover the range then merged into one.....so HDR must have at least 2 pics to combine. One pic with curve + dodge + burn is not HDR.....
    Isn't it all dependent on the camera? If my camera has super wide DR then why I need 2 pics to capture? The definition of HDR is NOT the number of pics you use. It is basically just how wide the DR of the image is.

S3pro has roughly 1-2 stops (my opinon) more DR than conventional DSLR's so scenes which require another DSLR to shoot 2 shots at 0 and -2EV, I only need to shoot 0eV then developed the RAW to bring back the highlights.

Of course if the scene's range is too wide, then must do multiple exposure but 2 stops is quite significant.

Of course, I said s3pro's single RAW file is not HDR standard YET but technology is so fast-paced and probably in the near future we will see a true HDR camera capable of shoot HDR in one raw file.

If Canon + Fuji were to work together designing the sensor, it would be a dream come true. Hehe. Clean noise free images + high dynamic range. Makes a nice Christmas treat.

Yah, I agree with you that HDR is not the number of pics, but the DR 1 shot can hold is limited. Actually HDR=32bit or 16bit. So I dun think s3pro can provide 16bit bah??

Actually if 2 pics are merged, and if most of the exposure are overlapping, the true capture DR may not be 16bit too....

Yah, I am waiting for that day when I can shoot HDR with one press of a button. Actually now Nikon D80 has this multi exposure function that can shoot 3 shots with +/- 2/3ev and then merged into one file for the user....however, I think +/-2/3 ev is not good enough, still using exposure bracketing for this purpose.....I think every soon we will be able to shoot HDR in-cam very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Isn't it all dependent on the camera? If my camera has super wide DR then why I need 2 pics to capture? The definition of HDR is NOT the number of pics you use. It is basically just how wide the DR of the image is.

S3pro has roughly 1-2 stops (my opinon) more DR than conventional DSLR's so scenes which require another DSLR to shoot 2 shots at 0 and -2EV, I only need to shoot 0eV then developed the RAW to bring back the highlights.

Of course if the scene's range is too wide, then must do multiple exposure but 2 stops is quite significant.

Of course, I said s3pro's single RAW file is not HDR standard YET but technology is so fast-paced and probably in the near future we will see a true HDR camera capable of shoot HDR in one raw file.

I am waiting!! High DR sensor, I am not sure when, but in-cam HDR processing shound be very very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    If Canon + Fuji were to work together designing the sensor, it would be a dream come true. Hehe. Clean noise free images + high dynamic range. Makes a nice Christmas treat.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Yah, I agree with you that HDR is not the number of pics, but the DR 1 shot can hold is limited. Actually HDR=32bit or 16bit. So I dun think s3pro can provide 16bit bah??

Actually if 2 pics are merged, and if most of the exposure are overlapping, the true capture DR may not be 16bit too....

Yah, I am waiting for that day when I can shoot HDR with one press of a button. Actually now Nikon D80 has this multi exposure function that can shoot 3 shots with +/- 2/3ev and then merged into one file for the user....however, I think +/-2/3 ev is not good enough, still using exposure bracketing for this purpose.....I think every soon we will be able to shoot HDR in-cam very soon.
    Actually I THINK the s3pro provides more than 16 bit. There are times when I develop my s3pro raw files to 16 bit, I find that some of the information get clipped away. I always have to set my CONTRAST to minimum and carefully adjust the exposure slider to fit all the informatino into a 16 bit tiff. This is another reason why I used multiple JPEGs and merge to HDR in CS2.

The s3pro raw file contains 28 bits per pixel, 14 bits for S pixel and 14 bits for R pixel. compare this to the 12 bits per pixel in a normal DSLR. 28bit vs 12bit is big difference.

Yah, just did a search and s3pro can provide up to 24bit with SR mode. It is indeed a good cam and it was launched in 04! May be you can try merge to 32bit HDRi loh.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Actually I THINK the s3pro provides more than 16 bit. There are times when I develop my s3pro raw files to 16 bit, I find that some of the information get clipped away. I always have to set my CONTRAST to minimum and carefully adjust the exposure slider to fit all the informatino into a 16 bit tiff. This is another reason why I used multiple JPEGs and merge to HDR in CS2.

The s3pro raw file contains 28 bits per pixel, 14 bits for S pixel and 14 bits for R pixel. compare this to the 12 bits per pixel in a normal DSLR. 28bit vs 12bit is big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsosl1e8 View Post
    hmm... this method is ok, at the expense of more noise compared to the traditional method. However, it seems like its the only HDR method to shoot moving objects.
    Hi, may I know what is the traditional method?

silly question here, but how to get rid of the EXIF info?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Hi, may I know what is the traditional method?
    I think he meant setting up a tripod and bracketing the exposure. ie shoot 3 or more shots at different exposure settings.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    silly question here, but how to get rid of the EXIF info?

cheers
    for my case, I develop using silkypix and they have an option to whether you want the exif or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12