Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uniquely Singaporean!

Default Re: Uniquely Singaporean!

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    It's as pathetic when I see ppl 'chop-ping' tables with packets of tissues
    i only seen them in the food court at suntec dat time was thinking Wah ... new style of chopping!

What if some one goes around swapping tissues pack or beta still take all the tissues away

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    i only seen them in the food court at suntec dat time was thinking Wah ... new style of chopping!

What if some one goes around swapping tissues pack or beta still take all the tissues away
    tissue each pack 30c to 50c lor... not bad leh...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowee View Post
    I would not mind sharing if the other party do not STARE at what I am eating while waiting for their own food to be served...
    Me too dun mind but pls ask if anyone else can share or is anyone siting not juz come n sit down without saying anything which happens quite often! Sometime juz feel like telling them the pl is occupied when in fact no one is occupying!

But decided against it as i tot to myself they must have gold in their mouth n will drop out if they open their mouth...
    or they stand to lose anything by asking for permission to share table or is it their pride to ask a favour from someone much younger then them?
    or simply dun know what basic courtesy is about?
    or juz hack care attitude or dun wan to be courtesy?

And everytime i go to the Gents, duno abt ladies, it seems dat some of us are not toilet trained or simply duno what is a flush?
    or the bo chap attitude? got caught by inconsiderate virus bug?

We're a first world country with first class citizens who thinks everyone else is 3rd world

Deregistered

Me too dun mind but pls ask if anyone else can share or is anyone siting not juz come n sit down without saying anything which happens quite often! Sometime juz feel like telling them the pl is occupied when in fact no one is occupying!
    i always tell people its occupied...

unless its one person with tray of food already ask me...exceptional handling...hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    but i notice alot of ppl drive mercs & bmers those uncle & aunties always dig nose at junction... see them dig like so shiok...
    Takes out camera and grabs photo fast fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau View Post
    Takes out camera and grabs photo fast fast.
    They are trying to dig more golds

I ever encountered this.

For people who work in Shenton Way will know how kiasu the people are during lunch time. Like if they dont eat that meal will die

Its like a standard thing to 'chope' seats/tables with packet tissues. Or just stand around and hope the person eat faster and leave. What makes me really angry is when you're obviously waiting by the table and then the person saw his/her friends and gave up the seats to the friends instead! Then, you can only open your eyes big big for other seats

Why be affected by rude ppl who r obviously trying to seek attention? as for the lady if she were to shout at me i would just ignore her and continiue sitting at the place... (at the end of the day the one being ignored will feel so stupid for making a scene) as for the "tissue chope place" thingy its more simple... just sit, take the packet of tissue put inside pocket and take it out to use after ur meals... hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    Why be affected by rude ppl who r obviously trying to seek attention? as for the lady if she were to shout at me i would just ignore her and continiue sitting at the place... (at the end of the day the one being ignored will feel so stupid for making a scene) as for the "tissue chope place" thingy its more simple... just sit, take the packet of tissue put inside pocket and take it out to use after ur meals... hahaha...
    keep the free tissue and used it after ur meals? Provided that the pack is still new n unopened.

Actually, had seen some angmoh did that ard golden shop area. lunch time, too pack, 2 angmoh wearing tie saw table "chop" using tissue, 1 of them kept the 2 packets and took the seats, the other went to gt food. When the ladies, who had use t he tissue to "chop" the seats return with their food tray, shock to see ppl seating at their place. they ask the angmoh if he had seen packets of tissue on the table nt. angmoh jus acted blur and saw he jus came, no see anithing on the table and assume ppl had jus left and he took the table. No choice, the ladies gt to too look ard for empty table liao. ....haha
    400D | 17-85mm f4.0-5.6 | 50mm f1.8 | 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 | 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 | 430EXII |
    My Pics

The culture of using tissue pack to reserve seats seem to be prevalent in the Shenton Way area. I didn't know about it until my friends told me about it, and I personally saw it when I happened to work at Tanjong Pagar for a few months.

My friends and I had always worked in the west, so there was once when my friends had to go to Shenton Way on a job errand. It was already lunch time, so they went to a food court in Shenton Way to have their lunch. Seeing there were some 'empty' seats, they went to order their food 1st. After ordering, they saw an empty table, and proceed to seat there. To their surprise they saw a few packets of tissue on the seats. At that time, being a bit "sua ku", they thought that:"Wah! Shenton Way area service is so good, still got provide free tissue paper."

They finished their lunch quickly, and proceed to use some of the "free" tissue. Just as they were about to leave, the actual owner of the tissue packs return with their food. That was then they realised that the tissue packs were meant to reserve seats, and they finally notice that all the other "empty" tables also had tissue packs. The hastily leave the food court before the actual owner of the tissue packs can say anything.

So actually, you don't need to bring any tissue paper when you are having lunch in the Shenton Way area. There are many "free" tissue papers for you to use hee hee
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by match80 View Post
    keep the free tissue and used it after ur meals? Provided that the pack is still new n unopened.

Actually, had seen some angmoh did that ard golden shop area. lunch time, too pack, 2 angmoh wearing tie saw table "chop" using tissue, 1 of them kept the 2 packets and took the seats, the other went to gt food. When the ladies, who had use t he tissue to "chop" the seats return with their food tray, shock to see ppl seating at their place. they ask the angmoh if he had seen packets of tissue on the table nt. angmoh jus acted blur and saw he jus came, no see anithing on the table and assume ppl had jus left and he took the table. No choice, the ladies gt to too look ard for empty table liao. ....haha
    Uniquely Angmos... Uniquely Ungentlemen... hehe
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by match80 View Post

POWER...

And everytime i go to the Gents, duno abt ladies, it seems dat some of us are not toilet trained or simply duno what is a flush?
    or the bo chap attitude? got caught by inconsiderate virus bug?
    It's not only the flushing... some of us are really "bobo" (bad aimers)...
    Either that, or the preference is to pee like dogs..

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    We're a first world country with first class citizens who thinks everyone else is 3rd world
    Second that....
    It's the media at work... keeps brainwashing us....

I recall seeing one article that Singapore is the 2nd most active nightlife city in the world... BS...

use tissue packets to chope seats is VERY common in shenton way. in fact, it is the norm. sometimes you see newspapers also. uniquely shenton way. lol...
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post
    It's not only the flushing... some of us are really "bobo" (bad aimers)...
    Either that, or the preference is to pee like dogs..
    Guys pee like dogs... Gals perch like a bird on the toilet seat... And experts tell us that we may have evolve from monkeys...

Quote Originally Posted by babykailan View Post
    use tissue packets to chope seats is VERY common in shenton way. in fact, it is the norm. sometimes you see newspapers also. uniquely shenton way. lol...
    is very common everywhere in downtown... try raffles, somerset, orchard, etc... i saw even ppl using the mrt cards to chope the seats...

but look at the bright side: you'll know everywhere you'll go in this world how to see if is a singaporean...

Quote Originally Posted by babykailan View Post
    Oh dear...

To think of it, i have been using the free tissue at shenton way for few months... Did not realize it is use for chopping

But then again, who ever say tissue can chop place ?

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    The culture of using tissue pack to reserve seats seem to be prevalent in the Shenton Way area. I didn't know about it until my friends told me about it, and I personally saw it when I happened to work at Tanjong Pagar for a few months.

My friends and I had always worked in the west, so there was once when my friends had to go to Shenton Way on a job errand. It was already lunch time, so they went to a food court in Shenton Way to have their lunch. Seeing there were some 'empty' seats, they went to order their food 1st. After ordering, they saw an empty table, and proceed to seat there. To their surprise they saw a few packets of tissue on the seats. At that time, being a bit "sua ku", they thought that:"Wah! Shenton Way area service is so good, still got provide free tissue paper."

They finished their lunch quickly, and proceed to use some of the "free" tissue. Just as they were about to leave, the actual owner of the tissue packs return with their food. That was then they realised that the tissue packs were meant to reserve seats, and they finally notice that all the other "empty" tables also had tissue packs. The hastily leave the food court before the actual owner of the tissue packs can say anything.

So actually, you don't need to bring any tissue paper when you are having lunch in the Shenton Way area. There are many "free" tissue papers for you to use hee hee
    Good what. Free tissue paper. Esp for guys, sometimes we just forget to bring tissues around.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast