Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fur is dead

Default Re: fur is dead

I think the world has had enough.

It is time we find another planet to live on and bast*rdise.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP View Post
    I think otherwise. I support hunting of animals and not animal farming. To me, animal farming is far more cruel than animal hunting. How would you like to be caged for your entire life since the day you are born and the day you leave the cage is when you are on your way to the abattoir??
    With the exception of a few animals/insects, etc (such as rats, locusts, ants, roaches, etc) any animals will be extinct if people go hunting for them. In the old world, there were only simple weapons and traps .... now bullets will kill a herd of elephants within an hour! NO HUNTING, please!
    always the Light, .... always.

FYI, animals kill others for food, only take what they need, not what they want, so no wastage, but humans kill animals for fun mainly, hence many species extinct.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Fur is dead

Animals die in abbatoirs (sp?) and slaughterhouses everyday. Is humane killing still killing ?
    Does that mean we all feel better knowing that the chicken or beef we eat was from an animal that was killed humanely (not absolutely painlessly). That animal was probably bred to be eventually killed.
    I still remember the vivid details my brother described to me when he visited a local abbatoir many years ago. He said they kill cows by dropping a huge guillotine and decapitate them. They kill chickens by slicing their throats. The floor of the abbatoir is knee deep with blood from animals and you know those yong tau hoo sellers get the pig blood from where ? They just use buckets to scoop the blood up -- that's where. that's why I don't eat pig's blood from yong tau hoo stalls.
    I know I will kena flamed for this, but after post here, we all go back to our same old lives, eating curry chicken, go wedding dinner eat shark's fin, no change one. Just don't think too much about it. What's the point ? Too many other things to worry about in life.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    http://www.furisdead.com/feat-dogcatfur.asp

watch the video. be informed.
    stop the coldblooded killing!
    we dont need fur!
    Most killings done by human is hugely coldblooded. Fur is just part of the equation.

Not that i support or do not support fur trade, but i felt , this is only a very small part of the issue when human on local level (that means "us" in daily life) interact with the environment / animal "rights". We just blow it up when it comes to animal fur rights, but ends up supporting other organization that farms poultry cruelly etc to feed our other desire, while compensating for this outcry.

Why not all of us be a vegan and kill plants instead , heh ?

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Animals die in abbatoirs (sp?) and slaughterhouses everyday. Is humane killing still killing ?
    Does that mean we all feel better knowing that the chicken or beef we eat was from an animal that was killed humanely (not absolutely painlessly). That animal was probably bred to be eventually killed.
    I still remember the vivid details my brother described to me when he visited a local abbatoir many years ago. He said they kill cows by dropping a huge guillotine and decapitate them. They kill chickens by slicing their throats. The floor of the abbatoir is knee deep with blood from animals and you know those yong tau hoo sellers get the pig blood from where ? They just use buckets to scoop the blood up -- that's where. that's why I don't eat pig's blood from yong tau hoo stalls.
    I know I will kena flamed for this, but after post here, we all go back to our same old lives, eating curry chicken, go wedding dinner eat shark's fin, no change one. Just don't think too much about it. What's the point ? Too many other things to worry about in life.

I agree. I see little point about this fur thing crying. We still end up , supporting most of the organization directly , indirectly in fur trading. Petas did a good job in publicity, they did bring awareness to certain level. However, as a human , I notice fellow humans still "cry" / "protest" according to how media plays with their emotions.

yet, when it goes back to their daily routine, old habits die hard .
    Last edited by kitkat; 22nd November 2006 at 09:49 AM.

I used to dream that one day ... martians will farm us in a cage and use our skin for their spaceship "leather" sofa. That is what planet earth is for - Cage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12