Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are there any psychologists here?

Default Re: Are there any psychologists here?

Hmmm.. I see nothing wrong in trying to seek advise from people in forums. However, please do bear in mind that some people may lead you 'astray' from the information you really wish to seek. Due to the anonymity of the internet, you can never tell how reliable the "advice" will be. Therefore, please do be cautious in when seeking advice from the internet. I guess this is the view in which Del_CtrlnoAlt is trying to put across. That this forum may not be the most reliable outlet to get what you want.

Google, on one hand, can provide you heaps of information. But it all ties back to how reliable this information will be. You definitely can't go wrong with getting information from reliable psychological sites such as APA & APS etc.

On the other hand, seeking advice/information on the internet does save one the trouble of meeting ppl one-on-one, who are familiar in this field.

Anyway........... I will be glad to provide you as much information as I can provide. It is always good to peak the interest of psy. unto others. But ultimately, it is really up to you to judge how reliable the information I provide is.. Whatever information I give is based on what I know and my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    offensive or not is deemed by individual, and at your state of mind, whatever i say would be offensive. thats something that you have to cope with... are you able to change your state of mind to loving every words that i say?

if a doc would to choose only patients that they prefer, then thats not a doc and definitely not one who would be majoring psychology, cos they can't put aside the difference between a patient and a personal feud... and of course, you can't differentiate a friend from a foe now do you...

anyway, as you have seen, the psychotic luantic here was teasing you, or am i offering my most constructive person who is offering you a look into the world that is yet closed to you... thats for you to perceive as well.

something for ya to ponder, if you have set yourself into classes that will determine each individual as a group, then u have to really go reflect about what is the true nature you wish to study this course... cos from what i see, you're just another person who wanted to study for the sake of study and not for the sake of using that skills, if you would love to acquire that skill to help others, then u wouldn't be having a 'intellectual' conversation with me now... cos it all started with that word does it? or is it not?

As angry as you are, the facts of life lies before you, nobody will truely spoon feed you, neither is your thought of not spoonfeeding by asking in forums... by not spoonfeeding, maybe you could do a survey, understand the economy, then jump into it... of course, dun jump on people like me... which i think my lovely here would be a dear i'd love to jump with.
    Wooohh... I see a softer side o Del Ctrl no Alt now... Some seriousness in him now.. He's even giving me a little conselling on life....

I don't think you are a bad person. Misunderstandings happen. U prob think Im here to be spoon-fed. But that's also your (mis)interpretation. U dun know much about me, neither do i. We can only make interpretations based on what we read online, which can be misleading, since it's limited. You also dun know my problems... Why would I want to post a question on psychology in a photo website? Maybe I'm feeling down (indeed I am slightly). I need answers.. Maybe that just suggests I am a little desperate. Did u interpret that? Most likey not. And, I'm not angry, as again misinterpreted by you.

Ermm, your interpretation is quite cheem above. I dun study for the sake of study. I'm SERIOUS about studying that's why I wanted good answers. I was expecting too much. Thank you for reminding me this is a photo website in a kopitiam section, not some intellectual psychology group.

I like the way you talk now. More subdued. But still with some misinterpretions. I like this mature tone.

Ok friend, got to go off work now. Nice "talking" to u. See if I have the mood to continue with this banter. I won't expect much good advice from this site anymore. Gotten some good ones from a selected few anyway. Time for me to search around from other resources.

Till then...

Btw, I'm truely intellectual too, besides being lovely. Got a degree in banking already. Just a little stressed in life now.

Selected few? Hmm.....

Well, ultimately it depends whom u'd place ur faith in and trust where forums are concerned. U're probably new around here, but just a note - Some of these guys can be as serious as they can be, especially where genuine concerns are voiced.

Misunderstandings frequently arise on the internet simply because words alone do not convey the tone which is extremely important where Communication is concerned. This is where meetups are equally important.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Selected few? Hmm.....

Well, ultimately it depends whom u'd place ur faith in and trust where forums are concerned. U're probably new around here, but just a note - Some of these guys can be as serious as they can be, especially where genuine concerns are voiced.

Misunderstandings frequently arise on the internet simply because words alone do not convey the tone which is extremely important where Communication is concerned. This is where meetups are equally important.
    true... hehe... but i hate to do meet ups except for buy & sell... cos my fingers actually relate faster than my mouth... somehow there is bypass somewhere...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Thanks to those who have given me constructive comments.... I've nothing further to ask. Actually, i've learnt quite a bit about the psychology of some people in CS just from this post. Interesting.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456