Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are there any psychologists here?

Default Re: Are there any psychologists here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowee View Post
    You are right to say no one can stop people from taking their life if they really want to die... But most of the time suicidal people who try to seek help or try to talk to somebody are people who do not really want to die... They realised they need help, pushing them aside callously could really tip the balance...

You need not help or counsel if you feel you are not up to the task but no need to encourage or further instigate the suicidal person...
    beg to differ...

i've understood that maybe SOME dun wanna die, and only having thoughts about suicide, and they asked for help, and got the wrong attention, in the end commited suicide, or lucky only attempted, but who is to blame? the person who told him/her to die, or the person who actually died or nearly died...

and so if another guy who is goddamn determined to die, and just gonna tell his fren to take care of the things for him... bye, i'm dying... then the fren say, bye... should the fren be responsible? or if the fren said, eh dun die, then the guy was already jumping 1/2 way from the 40 storey hdb, maybe about 20 level more to go, is the fren going to reproach himself for not stopping in time?

the person died on his own free will, nobody forced him to die, and no one is holy enuff to tell the person not to die, thats how i felt...

in a perfect world, everyone just try to make peace with themselves, and the things around them, but this isn't a perfect world, look beyond that, lets think about something like, why are we born, why do we have to experience death & birth, etc etc... y dun we just not press the start button and everything would be easier...

sometimes i was thinking, y did i swim so hard as a sperm... should have let another sperm swim faster than me... then let him suffer... but then would the other sperm have the luxury of making more sperms?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

How come animals don't commit suicide (besides lemmings) ?
    Something must have gone wrong during the evolution from ape to homo sapiens.
    We are too smart for our own good. Humans are the only animal that can destroy this earth, as a single species.
    Just follow animal better wat -- eat, sleep, shag. No worries

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    How come animals don't commit suicide (besides lemmings) ?
    Something must have gone wrong during the evolution from ape to homo sapiens.
    We are too smart for our own good. Humans are the only animal that can destroy this earth, as a single species.
    Just follow animal better wat -- eat, sleep, shag. No worries
    ever heard of animals crossing the road? ... ... i mean those cross and never cross again...

dunno about u thou, i understood that when i was here, everyone brainwashed me and say i need to conform to the rules and precepts... have u ever thought if dogs & cats have these to follow? so some got so sick of it, just wanna be out of the game, its just that simple... they got tired... they are taking time off... and maybe few years later they respawn as another new player... U can only register and login one at a time.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    beg to differ...

i've understood that maybe SOME dun wanna die, and only having thoughts about suicide, and they asked for help, and got the wrong attention, in the end commited suicide, or lucky only attempted, but who is to blame? the person who told him/her to die, or the person who actually died or nearly died...

and so if another guy who is goddamn determined to die, and just gonna tell his fren to take care of the things for him... bye, i'm dying... then the fren say, bye... should the fren be responsible? or if the fren said, eh dun die, then the guy was already jumping 1/2 way from the 40 storey hdb, maybe about 20 level more to go, is the fren going to reproach himself for not stopping in time?

the person died on his own free will, nobody forced him to die, and no one is holy enuff to tell the person not to die, thats how i felt...

in a perfect world, everyone just try to make peace with themselves, and the things around them, but this isn't a perfect world, look beyond that, lets think about something like, why are we born, why do we have to experience death & birth, etc etc... y dun we just not press the start button and everything would be easier...

sometimes i was thinking, y did i swim so hard as a sperm... should have let another sperm swim faster than me... then let him suffer... but then would the other sperm have the luxury of making more sperms?
    Yes, it is the responsibility of the suicidal person but do you have to push it?

We are no longer talking about psychology here... It is more of a humanity issue... You see someone standing at the edge of the ledge and you shout to him: "want to jump, jump leh..."?

Are you responsible?

A friend would tell you "bye" when you want to end your life? That's a sad friendship...

Yes, it is the responsibility of the suicidal person but do you have to push it?

We are no longer talking about psychology here... It is more of a humanity issue... You see someone standing at the edge of the ledge and you shout to him: "want to jump, jump leh..."?

Are you responsible?

A friend would tell you "bye" when you want to end your life? That's a sad friendship...
    sad to say, if u can't walk out of it, no one can help you, neither the psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, or the guy bringing 1 million cash... (ok maybe that guy could)

how much you can help as a person who had nothing to offer but sweet nothings isn't going to solve anything. you can stop him now and tell him some empty promises that make you feel better if he don't die infront of you, but he died anyway later finding that it still suxs after his 1st attempt failed. Is that going to make you happy, or is that going to make you sad. i ain't a saint, instead, i'm logical. if i can't solve his problems, then what am i to tell the person that he should not do the drastic measure?

lets give a scenario... guy owe loanshark 1million, then he wanted to jump, then u tell him dun jump, everything will be better... then he listen, dun jump, next day u read papers, he was tortured to death... which way of dying is better for him?

Are you responsible?

I did tell a friend that. And no, he din die in the end.

I simply said, "If u wanna die, go ahead but dun trouble others."

U ask urself if its possible to commit suicide without troubling others from the clean-up crew who have wash ur blood and sweep ya innards away, to the undertaker, the police, ur loved ones....

I also have a talent for describing gruesome deaths (thanks to the folks contribution at rotten) to the point ppl can literally visualise it.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post

U ask urself if its possible to commit suicide without troubling others from the clean-up crew who have wash ur blood and sweep ya innards away, to the undertaker, the police, ur loved ones....

I also have a talent for describing gruesome deaths (thanks to the folks contribution at rotten) to the point ppl can literally visualise it.
    show them the tapes man... SHOW IT!!!

show them the tapes man... SHOW IT!!!
    Nah. Nothing beats a single good exposure of a man lying on the ground, head half-gone, brains spilled out, blood all over the floor, 1 eye ball looking dead at u, teeth poked into flesh, maggots.......

Ok, ok. Dun say liao, afterward u puke everything out.

Nah. Nothing beats a single good exposure of a man lying on the ground, head half-gone, brains spilled out, blood all over the floor, 1 eye ball looking dead at u, teeth poked into flesh, maggots.......

Ok, ok. Dun say liao, afterward u puke everything out.
    seen b4, but in different bodies...

seen b4, but in different bodies...
    I haven't had such stomach training sessions for a long time.

When's the next one scheduled for?

I haven't had such stomach training sessions for a long time.

When's the next one scheduled for?
    mine was like 8 year ago... now everyday only see rotten metal, burnt parts... sianz... sometimes only see ppl finger chopped off if lucky... can't fulfil my sadistic nature...

Seen my fair share during my stint in the police force...

Even die alone in the house also need policemen to come and collect body...

Traffic accident is much worse the suicide...

Ganna one murder case where I have to standby for Investigator Officer for 18 hours at the scene... Cannot eat, sh*t or change uniform...

In this age.. There is no such thing as dying without bothering someone...

Not all suicidal cases are hopeless... If can help, help... If not then no choice... Life moves on but letz be more graceful to those whom need help...

Can't imagine that you can say that to your friend...

ever heard of animals crossing the road? ... ... i mean those cross and never cross again...
    That type called roadkill leh, not suicide. Quite poor things, I see the guts all spilled out, kena sun-dried like kiam-her (salted fish).

dunno about u thou, i understood that when i was here, everyone brainwashed me and say i need to conform to the rules and precepts... have u ever thought if dogs & cats have these to follow? so some got so sick of it, just wanna be out of the game, its just that simple... they got tired... they are taking time off... and maybe few years later they respawn as another new player... U can only register and login one at a time.
    You got follow the rules one meh ? I thought you cowboy ?
    Dog and cat just follow instinct leh. My point is they don't get upset enough to jump into the river or bang their head against the wall.

sad to say, if u can't walk out of it, no one can help you, neither the psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, or the guy bringing 1 million cash... (ok maybe that guy could)

how much you can help as a person who had nothing to offer but sweet nothings isn't going to solve anything. you can stop him now and tell him some empty promises that make you feel better if he don't die infront of you, but he died anyway later finding that it still suxs after his 1st attempt failed. Is that going to make you happy, or is that going to make you sad. i ain't a saint, instead, i'm logical. if i can't solve his problems, then what am i to tell the person that he should not do the drastic measure?

lets give a scenario... guy owe loanshark 1million, then he wanted to jump, then u tell him dun jump, everything will be better... then he listen, dun jump, next day u read papers, he was tortured to death... which way of dying is better for him?
    1 million cash would solve most of my problems...

We wouldn't know if the suicidal person would have a better tomorrow right?
    As long as he is alive, there is still hope...

Haha... Loan sharks don't torture people to death... They would not get their money back... In fact I have a case once where the loan shark call police because the person who owe him $ want to commit suicide... He want him to live long long...

Ganna one murder case where I have to standby for Investigator Officer for 18 hours at the scene... Cannot eat, sh*t or change uniform...

Not all suicidal cases are hopeless... If can help, help... If not then no choice... Life moves on but letz be more graceful to those whom need help...
    ya... police most ai wan... the MUA get paid, everyone get paid, police never get even 1 angpow to get some 'luck' back...

those can help are like follows...

1)
    a: Hello, i wanna die (crying)
    b: Y?
    a: My bf dump me
    b: Ok i be your bf...
    a: really? ok, u say 1 hor... (sinister laugh)
    b: ... ... (****, time for me to die)

2)
    a: Hello, wa ai si liao
    a: My family hate me
    b: I still your fren
    a: Can i stay at your place?
    b: Ok...
    *6 months later*
    b: I ish wan 2 die o'readi...
    c: Y?
    b: a stay my place for 6 months, never work and living off me, and now he borrow money from ah long & i am the gurantor..
    c: *hang up*
    b: hello? i ish realli wan 2 die o'readi

There are some irresponsible ppl out there who contemplate the idea of suicide without thinking of the consequences. Typically for such ppl, who only thought of "I, My, Me, Myself", they don't usually deserve an ounce of sympathy since they'll simply ask for more if u give it to them.

Yes, call me an unfeeling jerk, but to such ppl who are in perfect sane mind and selfishly think of only themselves are better off dead.

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    That type called roadkill leh, not suicide. Quite poor things, I see the guts all spilled out, kena sun-dried like kiam-her (salted fish).

You got follow the rules one meh ? I thought you cowboy ?
    Dog and cat just follow instinct leh. My point is they don't get upset enough to jump into the river or bang their head against the wall.
    eh.. i said i was brainwashed mah... washing by the river now...

btw, how u know that its road kill & not suicide, got once i bang a dog, saw the dog waiting by the road, then my car almost near then he dash out... i swear its a doguicide... under its precept, no matter wat, all dogs go to heaven... RIP...

There are some irresponsible ppl out there who contemplate the idea of suicide without thinking of the consequences. Typically for such ppl, who only thought of "I, My, Me, Myself", they don't usually deserve an ounce of sympathy since they'll simply ask for more if u give it to them.

Yes, call me an unfeeling jerk, but to such ppl who are in perfect sane mind and selfishly think of only themselves are better off dead.
    Nope... I don't think you are a jerk

Normally those people just let them throw tantrums awhile can liao... Not the most dangerous kind... They would get tired and do something else wan...

ya... police most ai wan... the MUA get paid, everyone get paid, police never get even 1 angpow to get some 'luck' back...

those can help are like follows...

1)
    a: Hello, i wanna die (crying)
    a: My bf dump me
    b: Ok i be your bf...
    a: really? ok, u say 1 hor... (sinister laugh)
    b: ... ... (****, time for me to die)
    Very funny...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast