Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eh, help me fill in some blanks...

Default Re: Eh, help me fill in some blanks...

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    I'm more concerned about your power sources. The power required (in watts) will always be the same for a certain load, so if your voltage is very low (eg. 5V), then current drawn must be higher to provide the same power. Your power sources are all small batteries, dunno whether can tahan the high current.
    Maybe can get some idea from those butane gas powered portable soldering irons. Butane gas canisters are small and can provide the heat you want more efficiently than electric heating elements.
    wah, so dangerous... wait explode, or leak then i inhale & shoot everything handshake...

anyway, there is some heater thats low watt, moderate heat... just do alternative design.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Help me fill in a few blanks... Anyway just for analysis. I'm only building 1 for myself to play 1st, will consider mass production if got ppl to market...

1) How fast do you wish the heater to remove the fog
    a) Instant (high burst)
    b) 10 secs
    c) 30 secs
    d) 60 secs (slow burst)
    No inbetween? 45secs is a good trade-off time considering the fact that u move from cold to hot place, take off ur scarf, remove ur cam put on table, sit down. Would be like give or take 45secs.

2) What type of power you prefer to tap on
    a) USB
    b) 4x 1.2v rechargable
    c) 4x 1.5v alkaline
    d) from camera source
    I'd want it from the camera source. But since it would mean less juice for shooting later, maybe 1x 9V would sound good. After all, its for 30secs. A 9V shld last for a week or 2. Remember to make the on/off switch oso hor.

3) Would you prefer
    a) 1 removable for all lenses (Quick release)
    b) semi permanent custom sizes for each lens
    c) semi permanent 1 size fits all for each lens
    I hope u ain't thinking of wrapping the heating element around the lens barrel. Maybe like those 'warm cloth wraps with heating element pattern'.

If u need Guinea Pig, spring in Japan shld still be reasonably cold enough to fog lenses (esp when my pattern is to hang my cam around my neck all day) moving between indoors-&-outdoors. Can meet up and pass me ur prototype to test for a week.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i'm actually thinking of a wrap with velcro over... sensor with heater built into it, then cable to power source... oops... bloody hell must patent it now... reason its 5V, cos its fully digital control.

just heat the tip will do, mostly fog is only on front element... idea best of all, v2, built in intermitent timer...

anyway, i already got everything in hand liao... just thinking of what element to use only...
    Use Copper?

jsbn's post reminds me of the defrosting wires on the back window of cars/vans.
    That also used to prevent condensation.
    Maybe have a special screw-on defrosting filter ?

Hmm... Idea oso leh. Remove the skylight/UV filter, screw on the heating element filter, screw back skylight/UV. Turn the heating element filter on....

QUICK DCA! MTL!!! PATENT! PATENT!!!!!!

P/S: I want 3% cut of the sales. *nyak-nyak-nyak*

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Hmm... Idea oso leh. Remove the skylight/UV filter, screw on the heating element filter, screw back skylight/UV. Turn the heating element filter on....

QUICK DCA! MTL!!! PATENT! PATENT!!!!!!

P/S: I want 3% cut of the sales. *nyak-nyak-nyak*
    actually my working design only about tis big...

so can wrap around the front barrel area enuff liao...thats y i thinking of embedding the sensor in also, control on the battery pack.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hmm... How abt on the insides? If warm 1 part alone, wun the glass expansion/contraction affect the lens?

Hmm... How abt on the insides? If warm 1 part alone, wun the glass expansion/contraction affect the lens?
    tats y temp set to only 45degC max. no matter how fast it burst, max 45degC...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    actually my working design only about tis big...

so can wrap around the front barrel area enuff liao...thats y i thinking of embedding the sensor in also, control on the battery pack.
    Maybe the ambient sensor too complicated. U do up a dumb model first. Those manual activation one. If swee-swee, den go and modify it with sensors. Like dat might be easier I think?

Don't need too sophisticated lah. Just put the lens under the armpit, sui sui 37 degrees Celsius. Dun need battery some more.

Maybe the ambient sensor too complicated. U do up a dumb model first. Those manual activation one. If swee-swee, den go and modify it with sensors. Like dat might be easier I think?
    that 1 easy lah, tested liao, but i need a sensor feedback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12