Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography Contest for Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006

Default Photography Contest for Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006

Rules & Regulations:

1. The competition will be held from 0600HRS to 1400HRS on 3rd December 2006 (Sunday), Padang.
    2. Participants must register on-site at the official registration booth or from the official event website.
    3. A minimum of 3 photos (at least 4R size) is required per entry. Entries are non-returnable.
    All entries must reach The Singapore Sports Council, Sports Business Division by latest 12th December 2006 (Monday), no later then 6.00pm Singapore time, and should be sent to the address stated below and attention to the following:

Singapore Sports Council
    Sports Business Division
    SCSM 2006 Photography Contest
    15 Stadium Rd
    National Stadium
    Singapore (397718)

Any entries received after 12th December 2006 will not be entertained.

4. All entries must be attached with the participant’s copy of the entry form. Otherwise, the entry will be considered void.
    5. The criteria of the winning photos will be based on originality, creativity and relevancy.
    6. In the event of disputes, the judges’ decision on all competition related matters is final. No requests, whether written or verbal, will be entertained.
    7. Only winner/s will be notified through phone, mail or email.
    8. The rules & regulations are correct as of the time of print. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the rules at anytime, both before and after the contest, according to their discretion without any prior notification of The Participant.
    9. Participants will grant The Organiser exclusive rights to any photographs connected to the competition with the above-mentioned tournament.
    10. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any participant who does not abide by these rules and regulations.
    11. Only ONE(01) entry is allowed per participant. Participants who submit more than one entry will be automatically disqualified.
    12. All entries submitted will be the property of The Organiser and no grants or claims will be administered should any photographs be chosen to be used for publicity purposes in print, media or any other forms.

I received an email with the form attached, unfortunately, I will not be available on that day. Perhaps for those who are interested can give SSC a call to find out more?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Photography Contest for Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006

do note clause no. 9

and if you go to their web site and click on "photos -> order your photo"
    you will be transported to another web site

http://www.marathon-photos.com/index.html

which will sell photos, are they connected?

same old same old.

join a contest and write off your rights to the images while the org earn money out of your effort.

Another effort to get cheap/free images in order to generate money? So much for fighting for copyrights in SG.

Cluase 9 states: Participants will grant The Organiser exclusive rights to any photographs........ key words, exclusive rights, meaning if someone else wants to buy your images, you cant sell it. You have given the org. your exclusive rights to the images to them.

Join if you want but please be aware of what you're getting into.

Happy shooting.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Going there to shoot for fun, but not submitting anyway.

how about we form a team to do this business: selling photo on the spot...
    who wanna join?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmun18 View Post
    how about we form a team to do this business: selling photo on the spot...
    who wanna join?
    Interesting...

If we can't beat it , join it

what are the prizes ?

3. A minimum of 3 photos (at least 4R size) is required per entry. Entries are non-returnable.
    11. Only ONE(01) entry is allowed per participant. Participants who submit more than one entry will be automatically disqualified.

We have contradicting clauses here....

Quote Originally Posted by newmemberz View Post

We have contradicting clauses here....
    Each participant can only submit one entry where one entry consists of a minimum of 3 photos

Quote Originally Posted by igbi View Post
    Each participant can only submit one entry where one entry consists of a minimum of 3 photos
    ah.... okai....

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    what are the prizes ?
    wah, this question so big...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

What's their official webby, man...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    what are the prizes ?
    http://www.singaporemarathon.com/en/...c=207&ssec=570

theme is 'Spirit on the Course'

''5. The criteria of the winning photos will be based on originality, creativity and relevancy.''

how about a couple of slow shutter pictures showing lots of motion blur and no faces?

The photographers stand to win the following prizes:

1st:$300 2nd:$200 3rd:$100

if win alr can i refuse the erm.. prize and want my rights back?

Quote Originally Posted by XC Pictorial View Post

aiyoh....then dun join loh...hehe

Where can I get a copy of the entry form???

Default Re: Exploit these hobbyist photographers to the fullest

9. Participants will grant The Organiser exclusive rights to any photographs connected to the competition with the above-mentioned tournament.

12. All entries submitted will be the property of The Organiser and no grants or claims will be administered should any photographs be chosen to be used for publicity purposes in print, media or any other forms.

Come and join, we give you some small prizes for you happy triggers to take pictures and we make lots and lots of profits and best of all, we own all your photos. Thank you

Last edited by delong72; 22nd November 2006 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: Exploit these hobbyist photographers to the fullest

Yes, but I doubt they will make lots of profit. Stanchart is sponsoring the marathon. You understand "sponsor"? Means pay for an event. Marathons in general don't make $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by delong72 View Post
    Come and join, we give you some small prizes for you happy triggers to take pictures and we make lots and lots of profits and best of all, we own all your photos. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by photographique View Post
    Where can I get a copy of the entry form???
    http://www.singaporemarathon.com/common/code/download.asp?id=1085

"Pre registration is encouraged through the official event website or participants
    can register on-site at the official registration booth."

where is the link to register in the webby?? i've mailed'em @ runspiration@singaporemarathon.com .. will update soon,if I get a reply!

Quote Originally Posted by XC Pictorial View Post

300 too little leh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast