Thread: New and Inquisitive

Default New and Inquisitive

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here... been an amateur photographer since young but my interest has been re-kindled recently.

I've got this account for a while and have been surfing and admiring the amazing talent all around me. Makes me even more motivated to achieve the standards I see here and on other photography sites!! I have some questions which I hope I can get some answers and advice on, much appreciated!

My interest is in studio/protraiture photography... Short of learning from experience, where is a good place/course to pick up studio photography skills? I've got the basics but I want to learn more about lighting and colour control, contrasts, tones, mood setting etc. Even with experimenting, I don't know how to start. Any pointers anyone?

Thanks!

Default Re: New and Inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by hazard View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here... been an amateur photographer since young but my interest has been re-kindled recently.

I've got this account for a while and have been surfing and admiring the amazing talent all around me. Makes me even more motivated to achieve the standards I see here and on other photography sites!! I have some questions which I hope I can get some answers and advice on, much appreciated!

My interest is in studio/protraiture photography... Short of learning from experience, where is a good place/course to pick up studio photography skills? I've got the basics but I want to learn more about lighting and colour control, contrasts, tones, mood setting etc. Even with experimenting, I don't know how to start. Any pointers anyone?

Thanks!
    I feel go for a couple of studio shoots to gain practical experience better. Else can PM joho to go to rent his wel-equiped studio and ask him for someone to guide you along. With less than $200 you get to shoot and learn for hours.

or maybe, u can try SLCC for courses?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Thanks for your replies. I was also thinking along the lines of books or proper certified courses. But I will definitely work on getting more practical experience too! THanks again