Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: PDA for Photos

And if you are looking for other Tungsten T cases, theres a discussion for the Quest For The Perfect Tungsten T Case over at SPUG. Quite a no of good leather cases.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    [B]And if you are looking for other Tungsten T cases, theres a discussion for the Quest For The Perfect Tungsten T Case over at SPUG. Quite a no of good leather cases.
    Definately need an aluminium hardcase... So i guess it's settled.
    As soon as my remaining doubts about the tungstun is laid to rest, i should be able to go ahead an get it this weekend!

One more thing though...

What is the screen resolution of the T|T?

320 x 320? If so, i can save file space but converting my shots' size to fit at either lenght or width @ 320 right?

If so, how much space in terms of memory would per shot take up in the SD card?
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd February 2003 at 07:59 PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    What is the screen resolution of the T|T?

320 x 320? If so, i can save file space but converting my shots' size to fit at either lenght or width @ 320 right?

If so, how much space in terms of memory would per shot take up in the SD card?
    Yes its 320x320. I am not too sure about the pic size though.

Sound's okie.. not very like fantastic like a 5.1 surround.. but you still get stereo playback, better if there's a driver to emulate the effects as in WINAMP. I think they are developing soon.

dun bother getting the Palm Tungsten T Aluminium Hard Case ... not very useful.

Wolfie, you saw my T|T before right? the SLIM Leather case is better and it does protect also. The Tungsten a little thick so adding the Alu Case or even the ScubaCasing will only make the thing look thicker.

Depends on how big your pics are.. for viewing.. using a 32mb SD card, I only occupy 4mbs for my photos @ 320x320 res (I got about 25 pix)

I use the program Splashphoto for my photoviewer. One of the best browsers for palm coz it's fast, preloading in cache for SD/MMC card so you get instanteous response when you scroll down/up

Originally posted by SniperD
    Sound's okie.. not very like fantastic like a 5.1 surround.. but you still get stereo playback, better if there's a driver to emulate the effects as in WINAMP. I think they are developing soon.

dun bother getting the Palm Tungsten T Aluminium Hard Case ... not very useful.

Wolfie, you saw my T|T before right? the SLIM Leather case is better and it does protect also. The Tungsten a little thick so adding the Alu Case or even the ScubaCasing will only make the thing look thicker.

i'm not too sure.. is the slim leather case good enough to protect it from drops and knocks when i'm out in the field?

Kindly advise.
    --

Depends on how big your pics are.. for viewing.. using a 32mb SD card, I only occupy 4mbs for my photos @ 320x320 res (I got about 25 pix)

I use the program Splashphoto for my photoviewer. One of the best browsers for palm coz it's fast, preloading in cache for SD/MMC card so you get instanteous response when you scroll down/up
    Do you need a card reader to tranfer the shots/mp3 files to the MMC/SD card? Or is there an inbuilt program for it already?

Kindly advise.
    --

Well,

I've taken the plunge and bought the Tungsten T.
    A big thank you to everyone who contricuted to this thread
    and helped with their suggestions...

--

Since you are using a S602, it's adviseable to buy a pocketpc with dual slots. transferring photos between pda and camera via CF would be more appropriate. Beside the display of a PPC is so much better than a palm! Moreover, a CF/MD capacity is much higher than any other card and thus could hold more photos.
    Sadly most buy on brand rather than capability.

Now you have to consider buying a card reader or transfer via a PC.

Originally posted by LifeWorld
    Since you are using a S602, it's adviseable to buy a pocketpc with dual slots. transferring photos between pda and camera via CF would be more appropriate. Beside the display of a PPC is so much better than a palm! Moreover, a CF/MD capacity is much higher than any other card and thus could hold more photos.
    Sadly most buy on brand rather than capability.

Now you have to consider buying a card reader or transfer via a PC.
    Quite true...

But transferring the pictures via the Tungsten itself is quite pain free and easy, so i don't think i'll need a card reader.
    --

Well,

I've taken the plunge and bought the Tungsten T.
    A big thank you to everyone who contricuted to this thread
    and helped with their suggestions...

Congrats!!

Do you need a card reader to tranfer the shots/mp3 files to the MMC/SD card? Or is there an inbuilt program for it already?

Kindly advise.
    You can use a card reader ( should be free bundled with the Tungsten T right?)

or you can jus hotsync the pics to the palm. all you need to do is to use Splashphoto and add the photos and hotsync, wahlah! all into your palm within the sec

i'm not too sure.. is the slim leather case good enough to protect it from drops and knocks when i'm out in the field?

Kindly advise.
    well, the leather case is like a bookcase lor... but why would you want to use your palm in the rain? If you are more inclined to the rugged user type then get the alu casing lor ^.^

yeah.... another T|T user...

Quite true...

But transferring the pictures via the Tungsten itself is quite pain free and easy, so i don't think i'll need a card reader.
    That's good for you. For me, on the run(outdoor shooting), I just take out my SD card from camera and slot into my PPC. That's it! No need to wait till reach home!
    I can also transfer from SD to CF on PocketPC immediately! Clearing the SD card for more shots.

yeah.... another T|T user...
    Sniper.... at what resolution do you save your shot @?
    And if you are using PS7, the "quality" of the shot, between 1-12, what do you save it at?
    --

Quite true...

Using Card Export ?

The PalmAudioUpdate.prc is a software patch for the Palm Tungsten T handheld. It resolves audio playback issues, associated with playing audio files (such as MP3 or WAV), which affect sound output quality. Enhancements to the Palm Sound Manager included with this update also enable the playback of audio files in the background with some applications.

Note: This patch is intended for the Palm Tungsten T and is not meant for use with any other handheld.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    The PalmAudioUpdate.prc is a software patch for the Palm Tungsten T handheld. It resolves audio playback issues, associated with playing audio files (such as MP3 or WAV), which affect sound output quality. Enhancements to the Palm Sound Manager included with this update also enable the playback of audio files in the background with some applications.

Note: This patch is intended for the Palm Tungsten T and is not meant for use with any other handheld.
    Sweet! I've just installed it and it sounds tons better!
    --

ermz... wolfie...how u DL mp3 to the T|T huh ? i dun seems to find any mediaplayer in the palm leh...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast