Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PDA for Photos

Wolf

You might like to visit the Singapore Palm Users' Group website - there'sre several reviews there as well as users' comments.

www.spug.net

Originally posted by denizenx
    highest scores?
    I got 51m before... or something ridiculously ridiculous... played for 3+ hours on 2 charges...
    i would tell you but my Palm is dead (yes yes from playing too much) and the charger's in the office... but i remember it was some ridiculous number as well.

my gf says i spend too much time tapping on my palm and fiddling with my equipment...

Advertiser

There is no question that the new Ipaqs (3900 and 5600 series) have the best lcd screen around (64K transreflective), put it beside the latest Clie and you will wonder why you even bother with other pdas in the first place. No other screens come close in terms of clarity and brightness.

I got the ipaq 3970 preciously for the same reason as wolfgang, I was considering the Toshiba e740 given its pros of being slim and having a CF card slot, but the screen was really a let down.

The ipaq also allows you to add an expansion sleeve to accept PCMIA cards which allows your PDA to accept any external storage media like the Toshiba 5GB PCMIA harddisk or a portable notebook harddisk. It's also possible to add on a GPRS/WI-FI card to allow the PDA to surf wirelessly. The new expansion sleeves even comes with a removable battery to give the PDA extra juice. You will appreciate the 400MHz xscale processor, 64MB RAM 48MB ROM to power your heavy multimedia and multi-tasking applications.

Sound quality is very good, I hook my ipaq to my 5.1 speaker woofer system and no one can guess that the music is all coming from a PDA. With Windows Mediaplayer, DivX player and PocketTV, you can play almost any music format or video format on a pocketpc.
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

Advertiser

Wolfgang,

I may be getting an ultra-portable notebook soon, so might wanna let go my entire MINT condition ipaq kit which includes the ipaq 3970 with box, PC card expansion sleeve plus removable Li-Polymer battery, unused Nokia WI-FI card and original leather case. Willing to sell within your budget.

Please call me at 96226876 (Daniel)
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

WG, if your priority is photos, nothing comes close to the Clies (320 x 320 or 320 x 480 depending on the model you take).

320 x 320 + mp3:
    SJ33 (OS4)
    T665C (OS4)

320 x 320:
    SJ30 (OS4)

320 x 480 + mp3:
    NZ90 (freaking expensive, forget abt it)
    NX70 (OS5)
    NR70 (OS4)

You cannot go wrong with the SJ33 at $549, or the T665 at $599(??). Esp. considering that you want to read AvantGo (there are better alternatives to that though), the jogdial is simply indispensible.

PM me if you want more details, I'm a 3yr old Palm user...

P.S.: You still want your batt cases?

Originally posted by darkness

P.S.: You still want your batt cases?
    Yes please!

Hehe.. almost forgot... Pai Seh hor...

Anyhow, you mentioned that there was a better alternative to advantgo?
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd February 2003 at 08:38 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Wah... so many suggestions and comments...

Thanks y'all.

EastGear, i'll keep your offer in mind, Appreciate it for giving me the heads up on it.

LavenderLilz;
    Thanks for the URL for the SPUG forum.

Meanwhile, choice has been narrowed down to;

1. Ipaq 3970
    2. Sony Clie T665C
    3. Tungsten T
    4. Viewsonic V35

Now for some hands-on touch and feel. Feels like buying a camera all over again...

Anyone here owns the Sony Clie T665C?
    Any bad points for either one of the above mentioned PDAs?

Oh yes, another question just came up... Does either of the PDA have a hardcase? Like the silver metal one that the Palm Vx has? I most definately need it...

And hehe, just thought of anoter question. How much is a 128Mb MemoryStick going to cost me?

Main Dilemma:

The Clie is attrative due to it's size but the cost of a MS is quite a turn off, and at the same time, it can fit into my shirt pocket.

On the other hand, the IPAQ has the CF thingy (and CF is definately cheaper!) but the problem is it's slightly too bulky for having it in my shirt pocket and i am not too keen on bringing it around on my belt with leather case.

Viewsonic has great colors but erm, i do not have much first hand info about it... sigh...

Tungstun is pretty attrative too, due to it's size, but how is the battery life in comparison to the Sony Clie? Anyone?

All can play MP3, all can store pictures. All fits my purpose...
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd February 2003 at 10:06 AM.
    --

interested in the Ipaq 5450? There's an offer with the Citibank Ready Credit....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Tungstun is pretty attrative too, due to it's size, but how is the battery life in comparison to the Sony Clie? Anyone?

All can play MP3, all can store pictures. All fits my purpose...
    Tungsten battery life is good. For me, I will prefer SD/MMC cards over sony memory sticks. Sony memory sticks are pretty expensive imho.

Another feature I like best in TUngsten is the Bluetooth. With a bluetooth enabled phone, you can do wonder like MMS , SMS , etc.

Currently Palm is having a promotion of Tungsten T at S$699 (SRP) and theres a free bundle of Creative MP3 player. You can get Tungsten T at that price via CC installment. If you are paying cash, SLS and FUnan shops are selling the same bundle for around $650 or more.

Originally posted by Jason Ho

Tungsten battery life is good. For me, I will prefer SD/MMC cards over sony memory sticks. Sony memory sticks are pretty expensive imho.

Another feature I like best in TUngsten is the Bluetooth. With a bluetooth enabled phone, you can do wonder like MMS , SMS , etc.

Currently Palm is having a promotion of Tungsten T at S$699 (SRP) and theres a free bundle of Creative MP3 player. You can get Tungsten T at that price via CC installment. If you are paying cash, SLS and FUnan shops are selling the same bundle for around $650 or more.
    The promo is still on? Sweet! I'll be paying in cash i reckon...
    Heart pain.. hehe...

Erm, Jason, hows the colour/resolution for the Tungstun tho'?
    Because i will want to utilise it as my "mobile" photo gallery as well...

Which Creative MP3 player is it bundled with btw?
    And does the Tungstun come with an external hard case to protect it? Or is there even one where i can buy to protect it?

Kindly advise....
    Or
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd February 2003 at 10:09 AM.
    --

qhelix
    Guests

Originally posted by mpenza
    interested in the Ipaq 5450? There's an offer with the Citibank Ready Credit....
    You talking about the $599 promo? You've gotta be pretty dedicated to take advantage of that sweet deal...

Originally posted by qhelix

You talking about the $599 promo? You've gotta be pretty dedicated to take advantage of that sweet deal...
    Yup. I'm still undecided whether to get it or not. Had a Palm 3C but hadn't used it much.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    Hmmm... well, i guess i have already have enough choices to decide between mate.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Will Sim Lim Square be open tomorrow?
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 3rd February 2003 at 10:07 AM.
    --

The promo is still on? Sweet! I'll be paying in cash i reckon...
    Heart pain.. hehe...

Erm, Jason, hows the colour/resolution for the Tungstun tho'?
    Because i will want to utilise it as my "mobile" photo gallery as well...

Which MP3 player is it bundled with btw?
    Yes the promo is until 28 Feb. The promo and bundle is shown here . Its not a good MP3 player but I guess if you arent picky, its good enough.

Tungsten comes with 320x320 reflective TFT colour display and supports 65,000 colours. With Tungsten screen size, the supported resolution and colors are more than perfect for use as your "mobile" photo gallery.

Yes the promo is until 28 Feb. The promo and bundle is shown here . Its not a good MP3 player but I guess if you arent picky, its good enough.

Tungsten comes with 320x320 reflective TFT colour display and supports 65,000 colours. With Tungsten screen size, the supported resolution and colors are more than perfect for use as your "mobile" photo gallery.
    Is the Promo still on for shops in Sim Lim Sq?
    Or do i have to go to Tangs level 3?
    --

Is the Promo still on for shops in Sim Lim Sq?
    Or do i have to go to Tangs level 3?
    The promo is defintely still on for all participating retailer . Check out the list before you go down to SLS. If you cant get the MP3 on the spot, you can still claim it at Tangs on a seperate occassion.

The promo is defintely still on for all participating retailer . Check out the list before you go down to SLS. If you cant get the MP3 on the spot, you can still claim it at Tangs on a seperate occassion.
    Looks like it's the Tungstun for me then.

Anyone wants to buy my creative MP3 player? Cheap Cheap, selling it off @ SGD$130.

And since it's the festive season, the price of the MP3 player (RP $169) is still negotiable.
    --

Yeah, the Clies seems to be pretty much price controlled, so what the shops do is bundle stuff like casing, screen protectors etc, which is good cos you're definitely gonna be needing them
    Actually, for just plain convenience, you could order the clies online and have them delivered to your doorstep :
    http://vaio-online.sony.com/sg/clie/app/index.jsp

..NuTs..

Wolfie,

IMHO, if you can get the IPAQ 3970 from Eastgear, go for it. I personally feel that the ipaq can do a lot more and definitely has the mp3s software's in. The Tungsten which I had hasn't any and won't have any MP3 players .. yet in the near future.

If you are a CITIbank ready credit owner, go for the IPAQ5450... which I tjink I will be getting for my gf. I'm stickin to my Tungsten though coz I dun need such hightech stuff ^.^ or maybe I juz switch wit her

Originally posted by Larry
    i would tell you but my Palm is dead (yes yes from playing too much) and the charger's in the office... but i remember it was some ridiculous number as well.

my gf says i spend too much time tapping on my palm and fiddling with my equipment...
    yeah me vx only... but mine is either dead or flat... can't charge, thx to the oxidised pin argh...

as for ur gf u shd then spend more time tapping on her palm and fiddling on her equipment then.. before she does it to someone else... oops out of line paiseh...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast