Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Shall I change or??

  1. #1
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Shall I change or??

    As simpe as I want to put in...

    I own a S3pro. I wanna move on, Nikon D200 or Canon 30D?

    I know that change to Canon, I need to rebuy the entire system. $$$

    But Im thinking which is better to go for. Just need some great advise from you ppl who own a D200 or 30D. Pls do not fight or war over between this 2 cam. I just need some understanding shall I change or??

    Fearing of my S3pro is well known for color but not focusing. Thats consider that if I want to go into wedding photographing.

    I like both but, unable to choose.

    Canon with kit len is abt 2.5K, how abt Nikon D200?
    Shall I wait till Sitex?? hmmm grab the goodies

    thanks to kindness comment
    Last edited by josho; 19th November 2006 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    why dun u get the S5 pro instead...

  3. #3
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Im not sure abt the focusing speed. haha. Wondering if there's a huge changes on the speed... had not been reading up recently.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Nikon needs heavy processing on colors. In that case, I suggest u go for canon. Of coz, that's only my opinion.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong, Pokfulam
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot View Post
    Nikon needs heavy processing on colors. In that case, I suggest u go for canon. Of coz, that's only my opinion.
    well, i believe all DSLRs need processing on the colours to bring out the best. so... i advise you to personally read up and decide what's the best for your money rather than depend on comments here.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

  6. #6

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Was at MS color yest .. the latest pricing:

    30D at 1888$ with GST
    D200 at $2280 with GST

  7. #7

    Thumbs up Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    well, i believe all DSLRs need processing on the colours to bring out the best. so... i advise you to personally read up and decide what's the best for your money rather than depend on comments here.
    I think this one is subjective. Moreover, I already said this is my own opinion. Of coz I have already done many researches that's why I said that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Thanks simon80. Any idea is it with kit len? I mean for Canon.

    Thanks for everyone input regarding the subjective of colour. Every cam do need to process to get the nice contrast of color. But, I shall left that aside to prevent any further agrument.

    Just been concern on overall. Yes, i do follow the budget but still, some comment might enlight me, too. Knowing much is good tho.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    I smelled smoke somewhere , again ... confused:

    I'm newb, too. And not defending any side even though i'm currently belongs to the dark side . My idea was very simple: Decide what u need to have (relatively) right immediately out of cam and what u can afford to mod in pp.

    TS, probably u can only get some very straight, traditional fact on pro and con of those cams here. If something is not so black n white clear, ppl will just defend their brand (mostly bcos once u get familar with it, the con becomes insignificant ... at least for your own taste) and ur thread become a pointless mess w/o any useful info ...

    finally, gauge that against your wallet, too

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Canon users will say Canon, Nikon users will say Nikon. Both camps have a very good support base and lots of people willing to help.

    I say Canon 30D. I love the system and its functionality. Low light performance is awesome and it's very easy to use.

    I'm not too fond of the layout of buttons on the D200. There just seem to be way too many, but it is liked by people who want direct access to many of its functions.
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Gim Boon Tai
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Hmm, but I tot many wedding photogs get S3pro for it's colours. Is the focusing speed really that bad?
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

  12. #12

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    look at the price of 30D, it looks like a good grab.

  13. #13
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    Hmm, but I tot many wedding photogs get S3pro for it's colours. Is the focusing speed really that bad?
    Love the colours but sometime, movement are too fast for me to capture. haha.. Suddenly I feel the camera like old man taking own sweet time haha... Focusing isnt so so so bad...just kinda slow. In another word, photographer aint good also. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by versatile
    look at the price of 30D, it looks like a good grab.
    Hmm. yah man... heard from my friend saying its more of like 20D as well. Everything wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_1337
    Canon users will say Canon, Nikon users will say Nikon. Both camps have a very good support base and lots of people willing to help.

    I say Canon 30D. I love the system and its functionality. Low light performance is awesome and it's very easy to use.

    I'm not too fond of the layout of buttons on the D200. There just seem to be way too many, but it is liked by people who want direct access to many of its functions.
    Yah, I understand. Thats why i wanna know more of the tech of each cam, then creating a 'useless' thread for ppl to start 'war'. Im more of looking into tech part.

    Anyway, thanks ppl! Stay cool.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    this is one thing that you have to try out in person and see which one you like. Tech wise is all on the web, reading is only going to get you so far. Hands on better.

  15. #15
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    this is one thing that you have to try out in person and see which one you like. Tech wise is all on the web, reading is only going to get you so far. Hands on better.
    yeah man.. i understand ur points. thanks! appreciate. keke. Looking ard at my frenz who had it and try.

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    focusing speed is not as important as out of camera colours

    the S5Pro is based on a D200 with a Fuji Sensor
    so I would say wait till the release of the S5Pro b4 you decide

    BTW this class got kit meh?

  17. #17
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    focusing speed is not as important as out of camera colours

    the S5Pro is based on a D200 with a Fuji Sensor
    so I would say wait till the release of the S5Pro b4 you decide

    BTW this class got kit meh?
    30D have....

  18. #18

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    You may want to buy a 400D to play with?
    I'm not sure about the cost, but please prepare to spend some money on lenses and accessories such as flash if you wanna be more serious.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    i think TS would want an "upgrade" to either D200 or 30D... not 400D haha
    imo, if u are comfortable with the D200, why the need to change all the lens?
    u can save $$$ from lens, and use that good $$$ elsewhere.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  20. #20

    Default Re: Shall I change or??

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    focusing speed is not as important as out of camera colours

    the S5Pro is based on a D200 with a Fuji Sensor
    so I would say wait till the release of the S5Pro b4 you decide

    BTW this class got kit meh?
    ya lor. You want to downgrade your sensor meh.... Since the s5pro is coming soon might as well wait for the best of both worlds.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •