Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Starhub or M1?

  1. #1

    Default Starhub or M1?

    Starhub mobile got "per seconds" billing while M1 does not.

    Do you think that make a huge diff in the overall expenditure?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    depends on your usage pattern.

    I'm on M1's free incoming calls (most of the time trouble looks for me, not the other way round). Per sec billing makes little difference in my case.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Another point u should consider is whether which service provider gives better coverage. I heard from some Starhub users that the coverage in certain areas can very bad. I don't think M1 have such problem. Definitely, not Singtel which I am using.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Starhub coverage has improved and I can say it is good. The per sec makes a big difference as I know I am only charged per sec usage.

    If you are looking for excellent coverage, I would recommend Singtel.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    Starhub coverage has improved and I can say it is good. The per sec makes a big difference as I know I am only charged per sec usage.

    If you are looking for excellent coverage, I would recommend Singtel.
    Singtel is the best because bigger market share means more base stations and bigger coverage.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Sometimes it takes more than one and a half hours for a sms to reach me from a Starhub user. So far I'm quite happy with M1 coverage and reception... hardly ever any dropped calls.
    Also can call/receive call from inside lift/underground etc. with no problems...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Sounds like Starhub have questionable network coverage.

    Generally, Singtel is thought to have the best coverage as it is deem to be the main player here in singapore.

    Anyone else had trouble with their service providers?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post
    Sounds like Starhub have questionable network coverage.

    Generally, Singtel is thought to have the best coverage as it is deem to be the main player here in singapore.

    Anyone else had trouble with their service providers?
    Generally Starhub has very good coverage. If you really have a problem with the signal strength in your neighbourhood/near your house. You can drop them a call, they will activate their engineers to do site-survey.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    Generally Starhub has very good coverage. If you really have a problem with the signal strength in your neighbourhood/near your house. You can drop them a call, they will activate their engineers to do site-survey.
    not really.. i did complained once.. and guess what.. the young lady said she took the same route as mine and found no problem.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    Generally Starhub has very good coverage. If you really have a problem with the signal strength in your neighbourhood/near your house. You can drop them a call, they will activate their engineers to do site-survey.
    I always have problem with the connection at Expo area leh... So just call them and tell them?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    I choose Starhub because of per-second billing and also for the 018 overseas calls counted as local calls.
    Coverage-wise, I don't have any problems (then again, I don't go to ulu ulu areas).

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Hello,

    Sometimes, when I am on the phone, there is always the noise which keep on appearing as and when the sound likes. Sometimes, when it occour, the other party is also saying something, making me miss what the other party said. I dont think its my phone's problem because I just upgraded the software. I dont think its the other party's problem because the other party is using a lined phone, not a cordless phone.

    Could it be Starhub's side?

    Thanks!
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

  13. #13

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    another thing to consider is the loyalty privileges. i am using maxonline now, but my whole family is using singtel handphone services. sometimes when the bill for singtel and starhub comes, i can't help but to calculate those savings that i could have saved by just sticking everything to starhub. though you might say it is just marketing gimmick, i still saved money right?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    not really.. i did complained once.. and guess what.. the young lady said she took the same route as mine and found no problem.
    What do you mean ?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowee View Post
    I always have problem with the connection at Expo area leh... So just call them and tell them?
    Yeah ... I go to Expo every Sunday. Most of the time, the reception is full bar. Which part of the Expo are you refering to ?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowee View Post
    I always have problem with the connection at Expo area leh... So just call them and tell them?
    what u faced is congestion... there are mega church services in expo on weekends.. too many users sharing the same base station time slots at one time.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    Yeah ... I go to Expo every Sunday. Most of the time, the reception is full bar. Which part of the Expo are you refering to ?
    the bar show on your phone only tells u how well yourr phone is in the coverage, it doesn't not tell u the traffic conditions in that covered.. there could be congestions going on and the bar is 100% full


  18. #18

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the bar show on your phone only tells u how well yourr phone is in the coverage, it doesn't not tell u the traffic conditions in that covered.. there could be congestions going on and the bar is 100% full

    I am refering to the context of signal strength. I do not face any problems on every Sunday with regards to the traffic congestions.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    433

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    M1 don't give out handphone vouchers as part of their loyalty programmes. Starhub gives its customers almost every year or at least when their contract is about to end.

    And i have been with M1 since 1999.

    The only reason why i am still with them is cos i don't want to change my no.

    But once 100% no. portability kicks in next nov, i will switch to starhub.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Starhub or M1?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlchong View Post
    M1 don't give out handphone vouchers as part of their loyalty programmes. Starhub gives its customers almost every year or at least when their contract is about to end.

    And i have been with M1 since 1999.

    The only reason why i am still with them is cos i don't want to change my no.

    But once 100% no. portability kicks in next nov, i will switch to starhub.
    speaking of which, those starhub christmas offers looks tempting. going to check when contracts ending.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •