Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backpack for laptop and camera

Default Backpack for laptop and camera

Hi,
    thinking of getting a backpack for Laptop and camera. Any suggestions or experience?
    I am thinking of getting Lowepro CompuDay Pack.
    Thanks

Default Re: Backpack for laptop and camera

How much gear and what gear do u carry? I have this backpack, but find it a bit tight. The half camera section will probably let you carry 1body+ lens and maybe a shorter lens. Don't think can fit a 70-200 f2.8.

If you travel light, it's quite a decent backpack, flash will have to be kept in the other section. If you're going to carry more gear in the future, think you should look at the computrekker or computrekker plus.

if u need something with spaces to put ya personal item...then i suggest the compurover...buten again .... these are all huge bags..

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I will probably carry 20D body + Canon 24-105 L lens, Tokina 12-24 lens plus 580EX flash and blower plus spare batts. Do you think that this backpack has enough space? PLus maybe one 13 inch laptop.
    Thanks

Try the Tenba 15C backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Try the Tenba 15C backpack.
    It is a bit overkill for me and quite ex too.

Quote Originally Posted by shendeerzi View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I will probably carry 20D body + Canon 24-105 L lens, Tokina 12-24 lens plus 580EX flash and blower plus spare batts. Do you think that this backpack has enough space? PLus maybe one 13 inch laptop.
    Thanks
    The compuday pack will be a very tight squeeze for body+ 24-105 + Tokina 12-24. The 580EX and blower will need to go into the upper compartment.

Maybe you should consider a bigger bag. Check out the camera compartments of the various bags before you buy. Maybe bring your gear to try out too

Sure. thanks

Deregistered

how about the NG 5162....

but it cannot fit in a 17" laptop as claimed...or maybe its just me...

I just got the Compurover today, it's sufficient to put in most of my camera gear plus some personal items on the top compartment. Bag hugs your body snuggily and cost $197.5 from CP. You may want to consider

Photozone's report on the Compurover..

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/acc...ver/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    Photozone's report on the Compurover..

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/acc...ver/index.html
    one man's meat, another man's poison.

Here is a positive review of the CompuRover AW
    http://www.connectedphotographer.com...001647001.html

But a weight of 2.5 kg is a bit too much for a bag. Around 1 kg plus would be most ideal. Remember that you would need to walk a few kms over a few hours at least during overseas street sight-seeing. A reasonably loaded bag of 5 kg would definitely adds up to a lot of weight in the end. So a lighter load with the minimum accessories would generally be better. Thanks

Does anyone here use the tamrac range ? Pls advise. Am considering it too. thanks

Hi,
    thinking of getting a backpack for Laptop and camera. Any suggestions or experience?
    I am thinking of getting Lowepro CompuDay Pack.
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks

Bro,
    I have a CompuDay Pack. I bought it mainly because I wanted to carry my personal laptop with me along with my Canon 30D and 24-105L lens, during my business trips.

There is an excellent review - along with great pictures - in this forum. If I can find that thread, I will post again.

Personally, I think this bag is great.
    1. You can easily put the body with the 24-105L lens attached (along with the hood too) in the bottom compartment. You can readjust the separator paddings in that compartment.
    2. The back compartment holds my Compaq laptop quite nicely. If you are not carrying your laptop, you can put a change of clothes, and a few other things like your toiletries etc..
    3. The top compartment will hold your additional lens, flash, portable harddisk, cables, battery charger, passport, plane ticket etc. etc. and still have room for a 250-300ml water bottle and some snacks.
    (In my case, it can hold the 100-400mm lens and some of the stuff listed above)

I have the following gripes about this bag.
    1. Its not waterproof.
    2. There's no support at the waist. If you load this bag with all the things listed above, its better to have a belt around the waist for support in order to carry this load.
    3. There is no way to strap a tripod to this bag.

I don't think the bag is small, in fact I find it quite big and bulky when shooting within Singapore. So, I ended up buying the Microtrekker 200 for local use.

Let me know if you have any futher queries. I will be glad to answer.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Bro,

I found this thread on Compuday Pack...

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthrea...o+CompuDayPack

Look for the photographs by siaokia. If you google for this name, you will find the review too...

Hope this helps...

Cheers.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Actually sling bag also not bad too...

This is my bag....
    Lowepro Stealth Reporter D550 AW

Two cameras, 2 SB-800, water bottle, laptop plus extra battery inside... (Full battle order for Motorshow)

Another view... The good thing is can "support expansion"... You can buy more pouchs and clip onto this bag...

The quick access method...
    Last edited by Youhong; 22nd November 2006 at 01:00 PM.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Thanks a lot guys. Btw which color do you prefer?

Thanks a lot guys. Btw which color do you prefer?
    Mine is an Orange and Black.
    The Gray and Black not so bad also.
    I don't quite like the Green and Black combination.

To each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan11 View Post
    I just got the Compurover today, it's sufficient to put in most of my camera gear plus some personal items on the top compartment. Bag hugs your body snuggily and cost $197.5 from CP. You may want to consider
    Ahhhh. Why you never tell me you wanted to get. I want to let go of my CompuRover and change to a Computrekker Plus. I only used mine once - to transport all my gear to Jogja. Don't really like to bring it out on shoots. Not comfortable with the style of accessing the gear, like opening mouth :P

btw, I'm not switching camps already. Sticking to the big N. When's your big day again? Leave me a PM, see if I am back in SG then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast