View Poll Results: Are you happy living in Singapore?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Very Happy

    23 9.66%
  • 4 - Happy

    58 24.37%
  • 3 - Ok lah

    88 36.97%
  • 2 - Sad

    20 8.40%
  • 1 - Life sux here.

    49 20.59%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111

Thread: Are you happy living in Singapore?

  1. #81

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post


    Singapore can get boring sometimes, but it is definitely a VERY VERY liveable place. Nice clean environment, good infrastructure, good medical and education facilities, low unemployment rate, etc.

    How many countries in Asia you know that can drink water straight from the tap?

    Not just Asia, try New York (which already has better water than places like Pennsylvania). Can drink from tap, but got to worry about lead and other stuff... local NYC water department even offer free lead testing. And the health care system is poor and expensive... even friends from South America have bad things to say about it

    Of course NYC is exciting, but its really fun only if you are on holidays: live in Singapore and fly here for holidays, best of both world. You can book everything online now (NY Philharmonic tickets, tour packages etc.), so book first then come

  2. #82

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by obrag View Post
    Not just Asia, try New York (which already has better water than places like Pennsylvania). Can drink from tap, but got to worry about lead and other stuff... local NYC water department even offer free lead testing. And the health care system is poor and expensive... even friends from South America have bad things to say about it

    Of course NYC is exciting, but its really fun only if you are on holidays: live in Singapore and fly here for holidays, best of both world. You can book everything online now (NY Philharmonic tickets, tour packages etc.), so book first then come
    If I can compare, I like Singapore. Clean and SAFE. Safety is key word. The govt is strict, the system is strict... and I had a German friend who remarked "This is one of the very few countries in the world where you can walk in the middle of the night out in the street without fear!...."

    Any comment?

  3. #83

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    i never find Singapore boring. Too darn busy to be bored!

  4. #84

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Below are my personal opinions...Yours may differ but I will be frank:

    There are always pros and cons to living in a country. Singapore is no exception. Being happy here is one thing.. Being bored cos it's boring is another. Is Singapore a boring place? Yes!

    One just needs to listen to the conversions of our young ones on MRTs and u know what I mean. They will simply call one another on their cellphones to talk nothing.. just "Eh where to meet ah? Dunno lah... U decide lor.. Ask Jackson lah. He said Mc's ah? Ok lah, then do wad after that....??" You could tell they just wanna meet but don't have anything interesting to do but just while the time away!

    But that doesn't mean it's not good living here. It has its good and of course bad points too. But it's boring... cos I think it's so small. It's always a prob deciding what to do. It was so bad in the past 1-2 years I'm always at a loss with my friend what to do when we simply want to relax away from work.

    What else can u do here? Catch a movie. I know Singapore is boring when I found myself a few times catching movies I didn't even know about or that I didn't wish to watch initially!

    Other than that what else? Eat eat eat... No wonder they say it's an eating paradise here. But not to say it's a 'paradise' cos food here is that fantastic (think the praise is overhyped, especially for food court foods.) Got to take care of the over-eating too!

    Even if you want to do or join other activities.. in th weekends or holidays especially, there will be tons of people everywhere that kill the mood to relax.

    And of cos, being someone interested in landscapes and nice scenaries, Singapore has definitely become a boring place for me to take pics. Got to widen my scope of interest now.

    Another route to take is just to immerse yourself in work. Just work your butt off like crazy... then perhaps one won't even have the time to feel bored! But it's a sad life to live this way.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilia View Post
    Below are my personal opinions...Yours may differ but I will be frank:

    There are always pros and cons to living in a country. Singapore is no exception. Being happy here is one thing.. Being bored cos it's boring is another. Is Singapore a boring place? Yes!

    One just needs to listen to the conversions of our young ones on MRTs and u know what I mean. They will simply call one another on their cellphones to talk nothing.. just "Eh where to meet ah? Dunno lah... U decide lor.. Ask Jackson lah. He said Mc's ah? Ok lah, then do wad after that....??" You could tell they just wanna meet but don't have anything interesting to do but just while the time away!

    But that doesn't mean it's not good living here. It has its good and of course bad points too. But it's boring... cos I think it's so small. It's always a prob deciding what to do. It was so bad in the past 1-2 years I'm always at a loss with my friend what to do when we simply want to relax away from work.

    What else can u do here? Catch a movie. I know Singapore is boring when I found myself a few times catching movies I didn't even know about or that I didn't wish to watch initially!

    Other than that what else? Eat eat eat... No wonder they say it's an eating paradise here. But not to say it's a 'paradise' cos food here is that fantastic (think the praise is overhyped, especially for food court foods.) Got to take care of the over-eating too!

    Even if you want to do or join other activities.. in th weekends or holidays especially, there will be tons of people everywhere that kill the mood to relax.

    And of cos, being someone interested in landscapes and nice scenaries, Singapore has definitely become a boring place for me to take pics. Got to widen my scope of interest now.

    Another route to take is just to immerse yourself in work. Just work your butt off like crazy... then perhaps one won't even have the time to feel bored! But it's a sad life to live this way.
    have you been off the beaten pathes in Singapore.... there are actually plenty of places with scenery and without tons of people.... they are just not obvious and its not always legal to go there....

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Unless you are a millionaire or richer than that! You sure be happy/very happy. If not, you can always go some place else for a few months or even years & then come back here again. LOL
    Last edited by Spectrum; 17th January 2007 at 12:26 AM.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    have you been off the beaten pathes in Singapore.... there are actually plenty of places with scenery and without tons of people.... they are just not obvious and its not always legal to go there....
    Try going to Malaysia for a weekend every now and then.

    Affordable and accessible too.


    Bernard

  8. #88

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Unless you are a millionaire or richer than that! You sure be happy/very happy. If not, you can always go some place else for a few months or years & then come back here again. LOL
    If you are rich...no place is helllll as you can buy...hea...

  9. #89

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    If you are rich...no place is helllll as you can buy...hea...
    Yep.

    As long you are super rich, anywhere, anyplace, anytime also happy like chirping bird.
    When you are poor like peasant, anywhere, anyplace, anytime also sad and moody.

    $$$$$$ decide the happiness.


  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    So what say you thread starter? I'm sure you have something to say.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    I guess I am still ok with living in Singapore.. As long as earn enough $$, got food, got a roof over my head can liao..

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    If you hit by retrenchment somewhere at the age of 35 yrs old & above. You'll know what is hell like looking for a job. No kidding, if you even got a family to feed! Think about that dude!
    At least in the US, the gov still provide you a meal a day at a very small cost (I think).
    Here, I don't think so.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    At least Singapore is safe from natural disaster. No blowing up of volcano except from your boss, no earthquake groaning except your stomach, no drought or flood because got PUB.

    But pocket wise always empty, so life here ok lor

  14. #94

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    If you hit by retrenchment somewhere at the age of 35 yrs old & above. You'll know what is hell like looking for a job. No kidding, if you even got a family to feed! Think about that dude!
    At least in the US, the gov still provide you a meal a day at a very small cost (I think).
    Here, I don't think so.
    Reality hit the bench. Guess the really rich dun understand. Good morning bro!

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    At least Singapore is safe from natural disaster. No blowing up of volcano except from your boss, no earthquake groaning except your stomach, no drought or flood because got PUB.

    But pocket wise always empty, so life here ok lor
    OK my head! Heehee....I'm just kidding bro.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    Reality hit the bench. Guess the really rich dun understand. Good morning bro!
    Good morning to you too bro. At least we still can live through another day yar?

  17. #97

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    OK my head! Heehee....I'm just kidding bro.
    LOL, "always look on the bright side of life". If not life will be damn miserable right. heehee..

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    LOL, "always look on the bright side of life". If not life will be damn miserable right. heehee..
    Yah lor. Do you people noticed that more & more people are collecting empty cans nowadays? Reality really bites man!
    As for sure, the really rich will not understand that. Right bro? Seems like I'm repeating what you have said. LOL
    Last edited by Spectrum; 17th January 2007 at 01:06 AM.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Yah lor. Do you people noticed that more & more people are collecting empty cans nowadays? Reality really bites man!
    As for sure, the really rich will not understand that.
    Last time i used to see those old folks picked up empty cans at coffeeshop or bus-stop green dustbin. Few days back i saw they are going for HDB too. Time of collection was around 11pm, gosh that late! I really pity them!

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    Last time i used to see those old folks picked up empty cans at coffeeshop or bus-stop green dustbin. Few days back i saw they are going for HDB too. Time of collection was around 11pm, gosh that late! I really pity them!
    I even noticed mid-age man collecting too. But, are they local or not? I have no idea.
    Just a simple theory here. When there's more & more people, more & more competition will arise. And only the best of the best will pass the test.
    Almost 20,000 people got no job till date (as I presume). That's scary man!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •