View Poll Results: Are you happy living in Singapore?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Very Happy

    23 9.66%
  • 4 - Happy

    58 24.37%
  • 3 - Ok lah

    88 36.97%
  • 2 - Sad

    20 8.40%
  • 1 - Life sux here.

    49 20.59%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111

Thread: Are you happy living in Singapore?

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Thank your lucky star for not being a young female.

    In my Japanese class, an Australian girl said she came out of Tokyo train rides with bruises.

    We didn't ask her where the bruises were and how did they get there.
    u see too much JAV liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Let's do a poll on whether most of us are happy living here?
    Actually no $$$ live in where also not happy

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeswb View Post
    For those who yearns to migrate,

    Wait till you've stayed in the UK or Australia for two years..u would be begging for mercy.. Singapore is still one great country to live in unless you want to be treated as 'parasites' and second class citizens elsewhere.
    have you stayed in potong pasir?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  4. #64
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeswb
    For those who yearns to migrate, Wait till you've stayed in the UK or Australia for two years..u would be begging for mercy.. Singapore is still one great country to live in unless you want to be treated as 'parasites' and second class citizens elsewhere.:

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    have you stayed in potong pasir?
    So Potong Pasir is in UK or Australia?

  5. #65
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Dunno to be Happy or to be Sad
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  6. #66

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    i say number 3 lah.
    weather like hongkong would make singapore a perfect place to live in.
    (just don't mind the stressful jobs and colleagues! )

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    258

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    can be better. no much saving, flat price too high, car price too high, food getting expensive.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    "Sheng Zai Fu Zhong Bu Zhi Fu" It time for you to look and feel around other places if you can.

    Then you will appreciate more why you are happier to live in this "tiny" country despite it con sides.

    Human often only see and remember the bad things and not the good things.
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 30th November 2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  9. #69

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    "Sheng Zai Fu Zhong Bu Zhi Fu" It time for you to look and feel around other places if you can.

    Then you will appreciate more why you are happier to live in this "tiny" country despite it con sides.

    Human often only see and remember the bad things and not the good things.
    yea right. I have been to Malaysia (no offense meant) . And it made me appreciate Singapore more .

  10. #70

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    can be better. no much saving, flat price too high, car price too high, food getting expensive.
    Dun think can help much. The prob lies in the size of Singapore. Too small so its crowded and things tend to be expensive cos land is scarce.

    But the scenario you've described is really scary and real. My ex-classmate got married recently. She said all her savings and her hubby's have almost been wiped out (even after using CPF) paying tons of bills, loans, housing, etc. Got to work till you are old to just pay off such stuffs.

    It's really scary to me. And both she and her husband are degree holders with stable careers. No kids yet. I can fully appreciate now why they say better save up bef you marry. And also, I understand how having kids is not of a priority for many couples these days.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    It not about the places or the size of the places. It about individuals mentality.

    Some where out there dun even have a system call CPF for them. And some even work their whole life off and cant even afford to buy a "studio" kind of flat or even a wooden house.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  12. #72

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    I love to swim but I am not a good swimmer. So i cant swim in the ocean, seas not even at the beaches even it much more beautiful outside and more exciting etc. But i cant fit in there as i not a good swimmer and i cant dive too.

    And swimming pool might be good as it safer, a better protected place with lifeguards and cleaner environment but i cant really fit into the requirements such as must wear swimming trunk, cant wear tees etc.......

    Maybe ponds will be better for me as it wun have any strong current to bury me away nor it will have storm nor it need any special requirements to fit in.

    or maybe "Long kao" (Drain) suit me better???

    Look for a places that u can swim better or learn more "strokes" to fit into.

    I saw this quote from someone else last time.
    "Cant swim mean you cant swim, dun complain the swimming trunk too big"


    "Ren Zhen De Neng Zhi Zhu Chang Le?" Can human really be contented?
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 1st December 2006 at 02:15 AM.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  13. #73

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    can be better. no much saving, flat price too high, car price too high, food getting expensive.
    Let us boycott them. Take public transport, rent HDB flat and eat maggie mee or best home cooked food.

    When we shift the ferry point, the govt is responsible when it was done in Hong Kong, they said we had to move with time!

    If we do not 'move' Singapore river do you think we can swim in it now?

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Dun think can help much. The prob lies in the size of Singapore. Too small so its crowded and things tend to be expensive cos land is scarce.

    But the scenario you've described is really scary and real. My ex-classmate got married recently. She said all her savings and her hubby's have almost been wiped out (even after using CPF) paying tons of bills, loans, housing, etc. Got to work till you are old to just pay off such stuffs.

    It's really scary to me. And both she and her husband are degree holders with stable careers. No kids yet. I can fully appreciate now why they say better save up bef you marry. And also, I understand how having kids is not of a priority for many couples these days.
    Yes, S'pore is not a very cheap place to stay in, this is just one aspect.

    The other aspect is, how many of us are actually living within our means? As I've always tell my friends, if you don;t have the money, then don't spend it on things that you dun need.

    Dun have the $$ to stay in big houses, then just buy a smaller flat. No $$ for cars, then take public transport. If you can't pay up in full every month, then dun use credit card. If you need to buy things by instalment and dun need them, then dun buy.

    Kenny

  15. #75
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Thumbs up Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Yes, S'pore is not a very cheap place to stay in, this is just one aspect.

    The other aspect is, how many of us are actually living within our means? As I've always tell my friends, if you don;t have the money, then don't spend it on things that you dun need.

    Dun have the $$ to stay in big houses, then just buy a smaller flat. No $$ for cars, then take public transport. If you can't pay up in full every month, then dun use credit card. If you need to buy things by instalment and dun need them, then dun buy.

    Kenny
    well put

  16. #76

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Got money, stay anywhere, everyday also happy.
    No money, stay anywhere, everyday also moody.


  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Happy to be here as free from most natural disasters, war etc..

    Sad to be here as still have to earn n keep the life going.

    Best, is to die, everything no need to care.

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Yes, S'pore is not a very cheap place to stay in, this is just one aspect.

    The other aspect is, how many of us are actually living within our means? As I've always tell my friends, if you don;t have the money, then don't spend it on things that you dun need.

    Dun have the $$ to stay in big houses, then just buy a smaller flat. No $$ for cars, then take public transport. If you can't pay up in full every month, then dun use credit card. If you need to buy things by instalment and dun need them, then dun buy.

    Kenny


    Singapore can get boring sometimes, but it is definitely a VERY VERY liveable place. Nice clean environment, good infrastructure, good medical and education facilities, low unemployment rate, etc.

    How many countries in Asia you know that can drink water straight from the tap?

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_1337 View Post
    also depends where the grass is growing. in Australia, most of the country is in a drought now so the grass will be more brown than green

    i've always wanted to try living in Singapore...but don't know whether I should or not. i don't want to think about the salary i'll get between Australia and Singapore as i know that Singapore won't pay me nearly as much for the same work.
    Question is, will you pay as much in taxes (compared to Aus) for the same work in Singapore?

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Are you happy living in Singapore?

    actually.. this place is clean, safe and simple.

    a bit boring and expensive at times... a good place to do office work !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •