Thread: DSLR Cameras

Default DSLR Cameras

Guys & Gals,

me is very new to photography, gt a sony T1, but was years old liao. so thinking of getting a DSlr as prices are going down....
    any body can provide any advises?
    & share with me the good features of the few different brands???

thanks.

Default Re: DSlr Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by nicepal View Post
    Guys & Gals,

me is very new to photography, gt a sony T1, but was years old liao. so thinking of getting a DSlr as prices are going down....
    any body can provide any advises?
    & share with me the good features of the few different brands???

thanks.
    The search function is there.

USE it... this is a very often asked question. No one can answer this better than yourself after doing research. All brands have their features and strongpoints. It all depends on your budget, preference...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Read the reviewof the DSLRs here http://www.dpreview.com/ for better understanding

If your only reason for moving to a DSLR is because the prices are dropping, consider it carefully again. Shooting with a DSLR is different from shooting with a compact. It's easier to get bad pictures with DSLRs if you don't know what you're doing whereas compacts are more forgiving.

thanks guys... I guess I didn't realise there is a search function here.... I guess anyone new here will jsut punch in whatever questions they have...

WIll try again..

Quote Originally Posted by fireframe View Post
    If your only reason for moving to a DSLR is because the prices are dropping, consider it carefully again. Shooting with a DSLR is different from shooting with a compact. It's easier to get bad pictures with DSLRs if you don't know what you're doing whereas compacts are more forgiving.
    Yes, i second your opinion.
    What I like to add is , once anyone starts on a DSLR, there is the cost for accessories( Lens, flash, filters, tripod) to take into consideration as well.

Default Re: DSLR Cameras

yup yup, personally, i spent about 2.5K already i own BEFORE about 5 diff kind of lens, but sold them all except 3 now. have most of the accessories: bag, flash, tripod, memory cards, etc....

but i do have frens i think spent about 3 - 4K already....

so.... you shouldnt see buying DSLR as a one time thing. as i have read many times in threads here, its buying into the system, and not about buying jus the camera.

of cos i also have frens that purchased the kit set and stop..... to jus take some family shots... but then to their dismay, they found it tough to use and also fungus starting to grow (yucks!)

so think well before buying!
    D70s-er Since 2005

Blog Entries

Nikon D40, perfect for those looking for the speed and quality of the DSLR with the price of a prosumer, minus the video ability

starting out on my Sony H5 4months back and never look back since. The pain and joy of photography hit you fast enough without you realising it at all. Gotten my first DSLR 350D several days ago, now still exploring the functions and operation of the new cam. But before I even snapped my first shot, I spend quite a sum buying accessories like extra batt, cleaning kit, Dry cabinet, EXTRA LENS!!!! $$$ down... mood up.... Still pondering where to go for my 350D opening ceremony this weekend.

IMHO, get a prosumer first.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

hope this is useful for consideration.

http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showp...18&postcount=2

have not checked in for a while... thanks guys for all those feedbacks....
    wow.. in Engineering, PLC has always been not a problem for me... but after reading through zoossh's posting.. it's a BIG WOW which I can say....

Me headache liao.... for a moment I really tot DSlr is just like the normal digital camera.. Aim & Shoot....
    Guess I am wrong.....