Thread: Tamron SP AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II lens

Default Tamron SP AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II lens

Bros,

Saw an advertisement selling Tamron lens today and came across the above 18-200mm Tamron lens which I am now contemplating whether to consider buying to replace my current D50's kit lens and a 70-300G Nikkor tele lens.

I wud appreciate it if any bros can enlighten me whether this particular lens will be a good buy in terms of quality as compared to say Nikkor 18-200VR lens which cost around 1250. (I am also considering this lens but the price is rather steep) BTW, how much is this Tamron lens selling at the moment. Thanks in advance for advice. Cheers.

Default Re: Tamron SP AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II lens

The tamron is probably just less than SGD 700 in all mounts.

Optically, it's definitely inferior to the Nikon. It also does not have IS.

I think that in this particular case, the money is definitely well spent. The 18-200 VR is a groundbreaking lens.

There are quite a few reviews on the web, and there has never been a single instance where the tamron or sigma has been found to be superior to the nikon.

Default Re: Tamron SP AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II lens

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    The tamron is probably just less than SGD 700 in all mounts.

Optically, it's definitely inferior to the Nikon. It also does not have IS.

I think that in this particular case, the money is definitely well spent. The 18-200 VR is a groundbreaking lens.

There are quite a few reviews on the web, and there has never been a single instance where the tamron or sigma has been found to be superior to the nikon.
    Thanks bro for yr advice, appreciate it.