Thread: Question about Hoya UV filters

Default Question about Hoya UV filters

Just want to know if its worth it to pay for the more expensive multicoated filters as compared to the single coated ones.

Any difference in picture qualty? I am using a CP5700 and gonna attach one to the cam and one to my TC.

Default Re: Question about Hoya UV filters

Originally posted by Evilmerlin
    Just want to know if its worth it to pay for the more expensive multicoated filters as compared to the single coated ones.

Any difference in picture qualty? I am using a CP5700 and gonna attach one to the cam and one to my TC.
    Yes. There are. Just that not obvious enough to be noticed by human eyes. If possible, go for the multi-coated one.

Go for the multi-coated ones. They are less prone to flare and internal reflections. But don't need to spend extra money for the super expensive B+W ones.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Question about Hoya UV filters

Originally posted by Evilmerlin

You spend almost $2000 on a camera and you wonder if you should save $20 on a inferior filter ? Come on ! Always buy the best you can afford; especially when it sits between your CCD and your subject.

You'll never regret good quality. It will turn out cheaper and better in the long run.

Default Re: Re: Question about Hoya UV filters

Originally posted by chriszzz

You spend almost $2000 on a camera and you wonder if you should save $20 on a inferior filter ? Come on ! Always buy the best you can afford; especially when it sits between your CCD and your subject.

You'll never regret good quality. It will turn out cheaper and better in the long run.
    but the problem is that sometimes (most of the time in AP and CP) they don't carry multi-coated filters UNLESS you ask them to order one for you. Anyway, it worths to wait.

Thanks guys for the advice. Gonna get the Hoya HMC UV filters. Those Super HMC types abit too ex for me already (20+ pounds for 52 mm!!!)

Deregistered

Originally posted by ckiang
    Go for the multi-coated ones. They are less prone to flare and internal reflections. But don't need to spend extra money for the super expensive B+W ones.

Regards
    CK
    oh no! bought a B+W 52mm MRC UV filter about two weeks back for 38 bucks from CP. but frankly, i trust that spending a little more on the lens section of a camera will reap its own benefits.