Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Nikon Singapore Launches Nikon Professional Services

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Nikon Singapore Launches Nikon Professional Services

    Nikon Singapore is proud to launch the Nikon Professional Services for Singapore professional photographers. Applicants will have to download the NPS application form, together with a passport size photo and a recommendation/authorization letter from the company you are working for.

    Click here to read more.

    Regards
    CK

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Membership Benefits...

    Your Membership in Nikon Professional Services includes:

    Membership is free of charge.

    Equipment repairs on a priority basis
    Priority Services will take between 3 to 5 working days subject to availability of spare parts.

    Equipment loan set is based on availability.
    Loan set will only be provided if the equipment cannot be repair within 3 working days. Loan set may be of different models and are subject to availability and to our discretion.

    Information (Brochure / Email newsletter) on latest professional equipment.

    15% discount on labor charges during servicing.
    15% discount is only for labor charges and does not apply to parts.

    20% discount on any purchase from Nikon Boutique.
    20% discount is not applicable to regular Nikon equipments and accessories.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    only need company recomandation letter to join ????

    I also can apply.
    Last edited by PentiumPC; 1st February 2003 at 12:45 AM.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    15% discount on labor charges during servicing.

    Hmm this doesn't seem very fair at all...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Why .. care to explain ???

    Originally posted by Jed
    15% discount on labor charges during servicing.

    Hmm this doesn't seem very fair at all...
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    only need company recomandation letter to join ????

    I also can apply.
    i think they only approve those guys shooting professionally...

    (from the Terms & Conditions)
    "You are eligible to become a NPS members if you are :
    - Working Photographer (Subject to NPS's approval)"

    wonder if i qualify... gonna try and see.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    I work for a Video production company, not a full time photographer, do some product shot here and there, nothing I can be proud of, I will try anyway..

    Originally posted by Larry
    i think they only approve those guys shooting professionally...

    (from the Terms & Conditions)
    "You are eligible to become a NPS members if you are :
    - Working Photographer (Subject to NPS's approval)"

    wonder if i qualify... gonna try and see.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    I work for a Video production company, not a full time photographer, do some product shot here and there, nothing I can be proud of, I will try anyway..
    oh ya, can can!

    "Nikon Professional Services provides valuable assistance for professional in every segment of the photography field, including newspaper, industrial, police and forensic, medical photography, commercial studios, audio-visual production houses and even special movie productions."

    go for it!!! it's FOC anyway!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Yes going for it... will send it in after CNY holidays, can send D100 for cleaning...
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Start filling up all your Nikon warranty cards & send them in first.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    why ???
    oh.... My D100 bought at Sitex I think got date stamped on it...

    Originally posted by cyrilng
    Start filling up all your Nikon warranty cards & send them in first.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    why ???
    oh.... My D100 bought at Sitex I think got date stamped on it...

    Still needs to be sent in to Nikon for proper registration & to qualify for the servicing discounts etc.. Why do you think they ask you to fill up the equipment model & serial nos.?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    agree .. smart move on the part...

    Originally posted by cyrilng


    Still needs to be sent in to Nikon for proper registration & to qualify for the servicing discounts etc.. Why do you think they ask you to fill up the equipment model & serial nos.?
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    Frankly, and it's nothing personal against Larry or anyone else for that matter, but I hope they clamp down on part timers, because otherwise, just about every Singaporean owning a Nikon will become part of NPS, which reduces the value of the system altogether.

    It's not fair because NPS Europe does not have a 15% labour discount.

    The reason for tagging your serial numbers and equipment is essentially nothing to do with making sure you buy original stuff, although it might well do. The main thing is to ensure that the stuff you send in for NPS attention with NPS service is actually your own stuff, so you don't send it your friend's friend's camera. Or something to that effect.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Anyway, it's about time the started the scheme here. It's been available in places like US for ages already.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    I don't think it is fair to clamp down on part-timer, part-timer or freelancers might be working on mission critical jobs and will benefit from the faster turn around for repair or equipment loan.

    As for the 15% discount, it is up to Nikon, I don't see why anyone would not want a discount ???

    I belive in fair use of equipment, if they want to tag my serial no. the can do it.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  17. #17
    Sin
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    I don't think it is fair to clamp down on part-timer, part-timer or freelancers might be working on mission critical jobs and will benefit from the faster turn around for repair or equipment loan.
    I think the logic is to provide the service to the real full-timers who absolutely need the kind of service. If every part-timer and enthusiast gets into the program, then the program has lost it's effectiveness. The technicians will still be flooded by repair requests for "urgent" processes.

    Imagine, before the program, 3 technician got 50 items all on "normal" repair. After the program, 3 technicians got 50 items all on "priority" repair. Going to make a difference meh?

    So I do hope that Nikon makes it difficult for part-timers/enthusiasts/advanced amatuer/freelancers/ etc to get into the program. Yes, I'm sure part-timers/freelancers/ etc work on mission critical jobs too. But more often than the full-timers? Cannot afford time to check their eqt with spare time? Their cameras more prone to failure after constant usage?

    If they allow selected part-timers in on case-to-case basis, I'm fine. But to open the floodgate to all those who essentially don't need the service or don't actually shoot on the job is unfair and reduces the effectiveness of the program.

    Just my $0.02 worth.
    (And if you're wondering, no, I don't shoot for a living.)

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default

    So what should the selection criteria be???

    If Nikon starts this service then they must be able to cope with the membership volume.

    I guess Nikon's Interest is to provide a better service for Professionals. How they want to define Professionals is up to them, I think Nikon would have enough experience to deal with this.

    If what Nikon wants is to give priority only to the top 1% photographer then let it be.

    I think I'll let the matter rest.. Leave it up to Nikon.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  19. #19
    Sin
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    So what should the selection criteria be???

    If Nikon starts this service then they must be able to cope with the membership volume.

    I guess Nikon's Interest is to provide a better service for Professionals. How they want to define Professionals is up to them, I think Nikon would have enough experience to deal with this.

    If what Nikon wants is to give priority only to the top 1% photographer then let it be.

    I think I'll let the matter rest.. Leave it up to Nikon.
    Selection criteria is already made public by Nikon:

    "Nikon Professional Services is available only to bona-fide, professional photographers. There are absolutely no costs involved in joining NPS, only important benefits designed to help you.
    You are eligible to become a NPS members if you are :
    Working Photographer (Subject to NPS's approval)
    "

    I figured they should be able to cope with the repair from real members. However, if any tom dick and harry get in, then of course cannot cope with volume.

    And I sure hope that they have the ability to deal with this, and...

    "Each application will be processed on an individual basis. Then, after this information has been verified and approved, You’ll receive your NPS membership card..."

    Yes, let's leave this to them. In the first place, we never had any say in what they decide to do anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •