Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Playstation 3 is Out....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    26

    Default Playstation 3 is Out....

    Saw a few shops in Lucky Plaza selling already the new Playstation 3, ranging from S$1.4K to S$2K. The price is very high. Saw the report from Straits Times Money section and the launching price in Japan is 49,980 yen (S$666). Worst of it, I saw Ang Moh couple buying it ...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Wah..so expensive.. they got chop carrot head alr.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Quote Originally Posted by dot1q View Post
    Saw a few shops in Lucky Plaza selling already the new Playstation 3, ranging from S$1.4K to S$2K. The price is very high. Saw the report from Straits Times Money section and the launching price in Japan is 49,980 yen (S$666). Worst of it, I saw Ang Moh couple buying it ...
    i think 'official' price in sg is 1.6k... u pay for the bling bling effect during christmas when relatives come... esp if sg dun launch soon, even more of a bling bling during new year..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    PS3 queueing madness in Japan Heard some queue overnite yet did not manage to get their hands on one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2ruHzlSFM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIUK47LTDFk (Caution: Watch your neck)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW-T2Gk4xxM

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,181

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    I waiting for Nintendo Wii. Graphic wise, not that good but game play, kind of solid. PS3, for those hardcore PS support n also, rich ppl. Although one game from Wii also cost abt $100, but more worth than PS3. Xbox 360, also abt same as PS3 but is a cheaper version. Also same same, sit there n play, no kick. Hoping to get Wii asap.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Playstation what ? haha.. XBox 360 won.... sony should just concentrate on the psp and DSLR.

    sony 0 microsoft 1

  7. #7
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    I still having my PS2.. still loving it.. got it only at 100 bucks? haha... xbox360.. shall i??? tempting...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Damn that is even then the marked up prices in JPN itself. Maybe I should get a set and sell in SG too. Carrotheads galore.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Wii releases in Jp on 2 Dec. Price at 25,000 yen. Games around 4800 - 6000 yen.
    But the catch is that it only comes with 1 controller. Extra controllers cost 5600 yen.
    Personally, one of Wii's weakness may be it's dependence on multiplayer games, which makes the extra expensive controller essential...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    You may want to wait for a couple of months more, there is talk that there will be a price drop during the launch for the rest of the world in March. Honestly, the launch games don't look that impressive compared to the main titles in the works, so not much point buying now I think.

    Because of the shortage in Japan,I've heard that prices over there have jumped to 60,000+ yen for the 20Gb model and 80,000+ yen for the 60Gb on Amazon Japan.

    If you have been following gaming news, it's actually 1 for the Playstation and 0 for Xbox. The Xbox launch in Japan was really lacklustre and Japan is probably one of the largest, if not the largest share of the international gaming console market.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 16th November 2006 at 01:36 AM.

  11. #11
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    Playstation what ? haha.. XBox 360 won.... sony should just concentrate on the psp and DSLR.

    sony 0 microsoft 1


    u must be joking....

    x-box 360... i have my doubts...
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Wah, so expensive I really love Playstation, but that price is too much for me.....

    Lucky I have a Xbox360. Looks like it'll be my best buddy from now.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  13. #13

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Remember GST 7 % on d way....
    Canon 5D,30D,35mm F1.4L,135mm F2L,85mm F1.8 & 270/580 EX/Metz 45 CL/4

  14. #14

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Quote Originally Posted by mamangrock View Post
    Remember GST 7 % on d way....

    nice time to launch PS3...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    You may want to wait for a couple of months more, there is talk that there will be a price drop during the launch for the rest of the world in March. Honestly, the launch games don't look that impressive compared to the main titles in the works, so not much point buying now I think.

    Because of the shortage in Japan,I've heard that prices over there have jumped to 60,000+ yen for the 20Gb model and 80,000+ yen for the 60Gb on Amazon Japan.

    If you have been following gaming news, it's actually 1 for the Playstation and 0 for Xbox. The Xbox launch in Japan was really lacklustre and Japan is probably one of the largest, if not the largest share of the international gaming console market.
    Microsoft made a bad marketing mistake on the Xbox in japan. Selling consoles at cutrate prices isn't the best strategy in Japan because their taste is deeply entrenched in gaming quality, not value for money. Their console volume is dismal and they sold very little games. In the console industry, the profit is generated thru game sales as consoles are generally selling at cost price or below to build market share. With Xbox360, they may have made a turn for the better, but sale volume remains pathetically overshadowed by even PS2. Hopefully, they can put up a more capable fight this time round to even out the market dominance by PS3, although I foresee that Wii will be a more likely contender. Remember that both Sony and Nintendo have portable machines, which gives them an edge in crossover marketing and console linking.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Playstation 3 is Out....

    Quote Originally Posted by feryl View Post
    Microsoft made a bad marketing mistake on the Xbox in japan. Selling consoles at cutrate prices isn't the best strategy in Japan because their taste is deeply entrenched in gaming quality, not value for money. Their console volume is dismal and they sold very little games. In the console industry, the profit is generated thru game sales as consoles are generally selling at cost price or below to build market share. With Xbox360, they may have made a turn for the better, but sale volume remains pathetically overshadowed by even PS2. Hopefully, they can put up a more capable fight this time round to even out the market dominance by PS3, although I foresee that Wii will be a more likely contender. Remember that both Sony and Nintendo have portable machines, which gives them an edge in crossover marketing and console linking.
    soon MS will have portable as well... and the screen size would be wide screen 10" with a big X shape plastic case, and it can even use windows media center & windows mobile..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •