Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lens with big lobang :)

Default Re: Lens with big lobang :)

doublepost.deleted.
    Last edited by jeanie; 16th November 2006 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glensky View Post
    hei jeanie,, dont be sad law.lots of us support ur thread..
    i feel so paiseh to admin.everytime cause u guys to off topic, then in the end threads get closed.
    darren told me to post in kopitiam for TCSS next time.

but when it comes to equipments and newbies queries, i'll still post here and in nikon folder.

once again Darren, apologies.

you should start a thread in kopitiam...

sure got 5 pages in 2 days one....

If you start a TFCD thread in service offered and wanted, sure get full house in 5 mins, how?

btw, if you do, can reserve a space for me?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    you should start a thread in kopitiam...

sure got 5 pages in 2 days one....

no lah.later i kanna flamed for REDUNDANT QUESTIONS.doh or REDUNDANT THREADS

catchlights,
    if i want to do TFCD, i already know who to invite privately.
    you think i pasar malam anyone goes ah?LOL

ok..kiddin!dont OT anymore lah.dun want my threads to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    no lah.later i kanna flamed for REDUNDANT QUESTIONS.doh or REDUNDANT THREADS

catchlights,
    if i want to do TFCD, i already know who to invite privately.
    you think i pasar malam anyone goes ah?LOL

ok..kiddin!dont OT anymore lah.dun want my threads to be closed.
    I know you won't do a pasar malam type, just for the fun of asking, teasing other photographers, anyway if you really do during over the last weekends, motor show sure see less alot of photographers.

Default Re: lens with big lobang :)

i use a sigma 28-70 2.8 DF lens and i get the results i need. Alot of professional fashion mag shooters shoot at 300mm and above also. Why don't buy that too? I'm not trying to wack you on the kinda money you spend. But i think you're just dwelling too much on equipment to begin with. Why not post up the photos you shot so far and see what kinda of images you are shooting so we can help you work on it instead of telling and giving you the impression that if you use a 5000 dollar lens you can produce good images?

i did post some travel images from my recent japan trip.as for my other trips, i havent bought my d200 yet.was using some cheapskate pns.no point postings.
    and like i said, i dont go shooting every weekend, i like, then i go out and fire.i dont like, i stay at home and nua.also, there's no clause stating that i must post my images to share to become a member in CS.

In this age, alot of people shoot to edit. Are you shooting film in a way that wat you shoot is what you desire to get instantly? I'll give you an example. Go take a look at the fashion editorials at : www.iconique.com . Then try explaining how they get the images to look like that? If you can explain how they get it, then maybe you would understand the working thought process behind creating the image to your desired results instead of using the equipment.

comon, stop giving me headaches.is this a test or what?why should i explain HOW they got the images?(i havent see the website yet).it's just like posting a cooking website and you tell me what ingredients they use?harlow?give me a break dear.just because i can afford the equipments doesnt mean i have to FULLY utilise them in and out.also, they doesnt mean i have to produce wonderful images and explain how each and every professional image was shot before i can go on and buy NEW hightech equipments.
    do you really think people driving ferraris and porsche have the driving skills of michael schumacher?
    comon...i own a ***k+ car and my driving sucks.period.
    I think there's no harm posting what you shot in the past using whatever camera lah. A lot of points in photography are still reflected in your pics no matter what camera you use. For instance, the angle of approach, composition etc still applies.

Although you don't have to fully utilise your equipment, it's in your best interest to do so. If not, afterall it's your own money. We are just trying to help you save money though you don't necessary have to I think if you are passionate about photography, it's natural you'll thinik about the "behind the scenes" process when you look at pics, no?
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

splutter, i'm really not into debates or arguments u know?
    but let me ask u this first(all in a friendly discussion sake, no hostility or whatsoever).
    what warrants someone to get good equipement?must he/she be a good photographer first?must be oldbird(lau jiao?)must have used cheaper lenses first with smaller lobangs before going upsize?must know how to use it first?must know what's best for him/her style of photography first?
    wat's really wrong if i am willing to spend/splurge on first grade equipment?

as for past tours, i dont mind postings pics if i can find nice ones.those usual tour pics, WHO wants to see?or is it simply to taunt me into posting 'whatever-pics-i-have' to use it as an excuse to flame my photography skills?if so, then i would rather not.no one in the sane mind will post knowing sure gena jialat.it's only normal, no?

lastly, i'm seriously thinking of buying these big hole lenses.in fact, some many helpful members has been sending me pics of 85 1.4 and 105dc that it almost made me want to get both.
    whether i'll fully utilise it or not, i can answer you now.NO i will not.
    i'm not those photographer who shoots anything under the sun or inclusive.
    i shoot only when my inspiration comes, or simply because i feel like it.(women have moods, dont u guys know?no?)

(women have moods, dont u guys know?no?)
    wrong!
    everyone do have moods, but women's moods are highly unpredictably.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    wrong!
    BTTT (BACK TO THE TOPIC!)

I'm not debating with you. I even said it's ok to splurge all you want on your equipment in your old thread. It is afterall your money. What I'm saying is that it'll be good to better yourself and push yourself to reach the limits of your equipment if possible. Who said anything about flaming your pics anyway. Ok maybe someone will, but you can always choose to ignore those bigots
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

As long as you know WHY you wanted a certain piece of equipment, in terms of what it can do for your photography, then it is ok regardless of what it costs. The problem is some people simply like to have super duper equipment like some kind of "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, that I think any seriously photography hobbyist would loathe.

For example, I invested in wireless flash trigger and multiple 550EX, simply because the kind of photography I do (freshwater fish documentation) requires those functionalities. I didn't buy two flashes just so I can boast "I have more flash than you".

Similar a friend always walks around with a 500ƒ4 and a 1.4× extender, simply because he shoots birds, not because he wants to impress with a mama lens.

Hence, just get the equipment you deem necessary to the images you are trying to capture. Get the latest and greatest, new, if you have the dole. Or get an older, though equally functional, model or even second hand, if you are unsure if that is what you need or if budget is a consideration.

Don't worry about what people think, worry about what's in your viewfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    wrong!

yes but highly-trained men (read married-for-donkey-years) like us know how to take cover when the mood comes.
    Last edited by hwchoy; 16th November 2006 at 01:22 PM.

BTTT (BACK TO THE TOPIC!)
    ok, buy all you want, is your money, is your call..
    no one say what camera or lens you should or shouldn't use, what people can give to you are just some opions.

as you say before, you would like to have this or that, or enjoy this or that, so why bother about what other says? why not happy about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    I'm not debating with you. I even said it's ok to splurge all you want on your equipment in your old thread. It is afterall your money. What I'm saying is that it'll be good to better yourself and push yourself to reach the limits of your equipment if possible. Who said anything about flaming your pics anyway. Ok maybe someone will, but you can always choose to ignore those bigots

everything's cool.

ok guys.all's cool
    dough is mine.'lim pei song dio hoe liao'. (me not hokkien, pronounciation zun bo?)

BTTT.
    answer my simple ques.

85 f1.4
    or
    105DC

???

ok guys.all's cool
    dough is mine.'lim pei song dio hoe liao'. (me not hokkien, pronounciation zun bo?)
    should be "lim bu song dio hoe liao" right?
    I'm not pure hokkien, but can make do.

ok guys.all's cool

BTTT.
    answer my simple ques.

85 f1.4
    or
    105DC

???
    I know in your earlier post you alreadyd mentioned you don't want to get both, still I think you should get both. Otherwise you'll probably come back and ask why you didn't get the other when you've gotten one.

IMO, both the 85/1.4 and 105/2DC are good lenses, but I think with the DX crop factor, the 50/1.4 and 85/1.4 might be easier to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    I know in your earlier post you alreadyd mentioned you don't want to get both, still I think you should get both. Otherwise you'll probably come back and ask why you didn't get the other when you've gotten one.

IMO, both the 85/1.4 and 105/2DC are good lenses, but I think with the DX crop factor, the 50/1.4 and 85/1.4 might be easier to work with.
    i have 50 1.4 already.sitting in his cell.

both ah?
    1.6k and 1.4k.
    that's 3k.

7% GST?$210.
    total price $3210.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast