Thread: Many flash together, any problem?

Default Many flash together, any problem?

I saw on television, say George Bush shoot by many photographer. Maybe 40 of them, all using camera with flash. We can see he is under flash rain. He may blind for a while .

In TTL mode (iTTL, eTTL or other method), we know that pre-flash will determine flash output. Even A or AA mode will determine if the flash illumination is enough for subject. Did flash illumination accuracy affected by other flash (rain flash)?

Regards,
    Arto.

Default Re: Many flash together, any problem?

in this situation, since the distant is fixed, it will be better off shoot it in manual mode for the flash, and hope no one fire off at the same time as you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    in this situation, since the distant is fixed, it will be better off shoot it in manual mode for the flash, and hope no one fire off at the same time as you.
    ya... once i shot with a fren, and his flash & mine trigger at the same time, my exposure was alrite, his was overexposed...

anyway, nowadays, with digital, just fire automatic lor, go back then choose 1 more presentable 1...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

just hold the trigger down and fire until ur buffer runs out. bound to get at least one good shot!

i also shot once when my friend flashed and it became overexposed. my bad luck that time.
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

So the accuracy of flash illumination is affected by multiple flashes at the same time (rain flash).

Looks like using manual flash will help, but not always. It is depend on luck. Luckily now we can own dSLR. In 35mm camera? You only know the result after processing .

Regards,
    Arto.

Not sure, but you can possibly consider using Auto mode (if your flash supports it), since the flash will cut power to it's own flash once it senses that the exposure is "correct".

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Not sure, but you can possibly consider using Auto mode (if your flash supports it), since the flash will cut power to it's own flash once it senses that the exposure is "correct".
    in Pro series, the processor is fast enuff then can, for consumer range, no diff... ji jiam ji, ji jiam huey... but that said, if really 2 at the same time, even TTL also useless, may over or under, if u do ttl, the other flash just ended, u'll under...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Hmmm...,

Your flash in Auto mode may cut earlier its flash when another flash come disturbing (flash thinking the illumination is enough), but what happen if that another flash is full power? Those photographers with powerful flash will win.

It might help if we set our camera at x-sync to minimize multiple flashes recorded. But we will loose ambient light.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 14th November 2006 at 05:53 PM.