Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141

Thread: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Exclamation help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    i'm a computer idiot with a stingy budget of S$1.5k/. due to the fact that my PC is dying, yeaps, its a grand old age of 6yrs old(P4 2.4GHZ babe!!!!), i guess i mux change it before it screws me real bad. i spent one whole day fixing up and pacifying it before it manages to work for jus this short while.

    i cannot afford a mac as my softwares(nikon capture, PS CS2, a whole chunk of others) are all valid for PC. if i were to get an imac with the PS CS2, i will need to sell my backside for many many months.

    thus, i mux stay with the PC.

    i only need to build a new PC that is suitable for editing photos only at my stingy and miserable budget of S$1.5k/.

    can anyone help me build one?

    i do not need a monitor, nor keyboards, nor mouse.

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    if i were to get an imac with the PS CS2, i will need to sell my backside for many many months.
    Try posting in B&S section

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Try posting in B&S section
    my kachen not camera part la... alamak... upset man.

    another S$1.5k .... haiz...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #4

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    my kachen not camera part la... alamak... upset man.

    another S$1.5k .... haiz...
    $1.5k should get you a power pc .... that's not so difficult.
    The damn headache thing is to make Bill Gates happy .....
    Maybe can wait out till Feb, can get Vista instead of Xp.
    always the Light, .... always.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    sell u my old rig, for 1.5k hehe...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Total ~ $18XX

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 & Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 ~ $565
    Kingston ValueRam PC2-5300 DDR2-667 2GB (2X1GB) ~ $358
    PowerColor RADEON X1950XT 256MB PCI Express ~ $479
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATAII 320GB 16MB 7200RPM ~ $168
    Lite-On SHM-165P6S 16X DVD±RW ~ $66
    FSP Epsilon FX600-GLN 600W ~ $180
    Lian-Li PC7A+ ~ $129



    took it from hwz page....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    $1.5k should get you a power pc .... that's not so difficult.
    The damn headache thing is to make Bill Gates happy .....
    Maybe can wait out till Feb, can get Vista instead of Xp.
    i cannot wait that long la brother...

    i owe too many photos to too many ppl liao... wait till feb and cheesecake will be pan-fried carrot cake liao!


    upset man.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    $1.5K can indeed build quite a good PC, if you reuse the casing, harddisk, monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card (or on board) etc.

    All you need is the motherboard, CPU chip, enormous memory, may be a low end graphic card if you don't play game, and a power supply (if your current power supply is powerful enough, this may not be necessary), or extra harddisk for storage.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    Total ~ $18XX

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 & Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 ~ $565
    Kingston ValueRam PC2-5300 DDR2-667 2GB (2X1GB) ~ $358
    PowerColor RADEON X1950XT 256MB PCI Express ~ $479
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATAII 320GB 16MB 7200RPM ~ $168
    Lite-On SHM-165P6S 16X DVD±RW ~ $66
    FSP Epsilon FX600-GLN 600W ~ $180
    Lian-Li PC7A+ ~ $129



    took it from hwz page....


    sounds good.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #10

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post


    sounds good.
    I would top up another $200+ and go with the E6600 if you want a Conroe instead of the E6300

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    $1.5K can indeed build quite a good PC, if you reuse the casing, harddisk, monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card (or on board) etc.

    All you need is the motherboard, CPU chip, enormous memory, may be a low end graphic card if you don't play game, and a power supply (if your current power supply is powerful enough, this may not be necessary), or extra harddisk for storage.
    ok, thanks!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i cannot wait that long la brother...

    i owe too many photos to too many ppl liao... wait till feb and cheesecake will be pan-fried carrot cake liao!


    upset man.
    agree agree.... deep fried la...

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    agree agree.... deep fried la...
    upset man!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #14
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    waahh man....$1.5K can get u a super duper PC....

  15. #15
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    waahh man....$1.5K can get u a super duper PC....
    too much $$?

    S$2k can't even get u tat far with a mac. but anyway, beggars can't choose.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #16

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    too much $$?

    S$2k can't even get u tat far with a mac. but anyway, beggars can't choose.
    u begger meh...gt 1.5k budget is no begger...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  17. #17
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    u begger meh...gt 1.5k budget is no begger...
    the $$ is beg and borrow and steal one.

    goin to sell a few more photographic items to raise the $$. tas life.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    waahh man....$1.5K can get u a super duper PC....
    really, i give u 1.5k, but i wan the following...

    Asus P5WDG2-WP Pro I975X with Extreme 6800 processor
    4x 1gb PC6400 DDR2 Ram
    2x Raptor 150GB Gamer edition
    Leadtek Quadro FX5500 1GB

    Casing no need...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    really, i give u 1.5k, but i wan the following...

    Asus P5WDG2-WP Pro I975X with Extreme 6800 processor
    4x 1gb PC6400 DDR2 Ram
    2x Raptor 150GB Gamer edition
    Leadtek Quadro FX5500 1GB

    Casing no need...
    Can, you give the money, I give you the system Dec 2008

  20. #20

    Default Re: help me build a new PC. budget S$1.5k/.

    Is the fan on th Core Duo able to cool the CPU enough?
    Also what about the cost for Windows XP software? Heard its about 200 plus...
    And what about the monitor calibrator..

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •