Thread: Slow down

Default Slow down

My virgin post! I'm beginning to take up photography. I have plenty more to learn so I'm hoping u guys over here in CS can help me out. Bring on the C & C. I'll try my best to absord.

I wanted this picture to tell people to slow down their pace and enjoy the beautiful nature. I'm not sure if i suceeded. What say you?

Pic was taken on a Canon IXUS 60. Handheld, no Photoshopping done. I have another version with the "slow down" sign and the National Parks Banner.

Default Re: Slow down

It doesn't work for me. I guess it's because there isn't really much nature there; more of man-made flooring. How about a "Slow Down" on a road lined with trees?

I guessed what's lacking is the human elements. A scenario where people walking in both directions and capturing them in motion blur but with the 'slow down' sign board in focus would make the picture more meaningful.

Just a personal opinion. Cheers.

Daniel

hm.. i agree with u fairly. It'll be a nice composition with much relation to the signboard in the picture. Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711 View Post
    I guessed what's lacking is the human elements. A scenario where people walking in both directions and capturing them in motion blur but with the 'slow down' sign board in focus would make the picture more meaningful.

Just a personal opinion. Cheers.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    My virgin post! I'm beginning to take up photography. I have plenty more to learn so I'm hoping u guys over here in CS can help me out. Bring on the C & C. I'll try my best to absord.

I wanted this picture to tell people to slow down their pace and enjoy the beautiful nature. I'm not sure if i suceeded. What say you?

Pic was taken on a Canon IXUS 60. Handheld, no Photoshopping done. I have another version with the "slow down" sign and the National Parks Banner.
    i believe a good photograph do not need words to tell what it means. as what xray says, u might wanna add in a few elements of nature, old couples...etc. cos these are the elements that associate with slower pace of life.

nice try!