Thread: Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Default Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Cleaning my fridge. Need to take out my stored film. Any problem if i take it out for a day or so before putting it back?

Ta.

rOCh

Tried that couple of times... no problem

Thechnically shouldn't be a problem right? cos it's not food so you won't worry about the spoiling effect of re-refrigeration.....

There is a possibility of condensation if the film canister is not air-tight. As you know, water vapour forms rapidly on a cold surface in Spore's 90-100% humidity climate.

What I used to do to be on the safe side, is to limit a quick temp change by storing the film in a used ice-cream box.

hmm.. thanks. perhaps i should provide a brief description of how i store me film.

1) In can. Still got 1 unopened bulk roll of Provia 100.
    2) With the small plastic canisters inside a large (hopefull) air-tight box.

Anyway, i've decided to take 'em out. Will put them back in after the 1st day of CNY.

rOCh

Default Re: Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Originally posted by rochkoh
    Cleaning my fridge. Need to take out my stored film. Any problem if i take it out for a day or so before putting it back?

Ta.

rOCh
    Just make sure that they are fully defrosted, clean and dry before putting them in it again.

Default Re: Re: Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Thanks. I've stuffed 'em into my Dry Cabbie.

Originally posted by Dagger

Just make sure that they are fully defrosted, clean and dry before putting them in it again.

Storing my new unopended slide films inside regrigerator.

Wondering if it is ok? What do i need to take note? Always afraid of the moisture and temperatures.

Cheers

Pegasus
    Guests

Default Re: Re: Re: Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Originally posted by rochkoh
    Thanks. I've stuffed 'em into my Dry Cabbie.
    Huh? If you are storing inside a dehumidifier, I advice you not to. The temperature inside a dehumidifier is usually equal or slighter higher than room temperature. And our typical Singapore room temperature is said around >26degC? And films/slides are best kept at below their recommended stored temperatures (stated on box). That's usually 21degC.

Anyway I usually kept my films/slides in zip-lock bags and stored in my mini-fridge.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it okay to re-refrigerate film?

Originally posted by Pegasus

Huh? If you are storing inside a dehumidifier, I advice you not to. The temperature inside a dehumidifier is usually equal or slighter higher than room temperature. And our typical Singapore room temperature is said around >26degC? And films/slides are best kept at below their recommended stored temperatures (stated on box). That's usually 21degC.

Anyway I usually kept my films/slides in zip-lock bags and stored in my mini-fridge.
    well, me just left them on the egg shelf