Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asia Hotel

Default Re: Asia Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post

This is Reno Hotel...was in BKK last month, but stayed in another budget hotel behind the Reno Hotel, this small street ("Soi" in Thai) has a few budget hotels and guest houses, all are inexpensive and near to MBK shopping mall and Siam Square area.

Reno Hotel is cheap and good. Save $$ to shop more.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k View Post
    Reno Hotel is cheap and good. Save $$ to shop more.
    I used to think the same way, until I stayed in a few crappy hotels in HK & Taipei, and now I budget a bit more for comfort. There's a difference between going back to a nice, clean, comfortable room vs a hole in the wall. To me, the experience is just as important as the (eventually) useless stuff I lug back in my luggage. Think about the good and lousy holidays/trips you've had, and see if where you stayed was a factor in the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    I used to think the same way, until I stayed in a few crappy hotels in HK & Taipei, and now I budget a bit more for comfort. There's a difference between going back to a nice, clean, comfortable room vs a hole in the wall. To me, the experience is just as important as the (eventually) useless stuff I lug back in my luggage. Think about the good and lousy holidays/trips you've had, and see if where you stayed was a factor in the overall experience.
    agree... just pay more...better comfort why not

Actually its not about money. I feel that many 5star hotels are all the same inside, comfortable yes but u would not identify it whether u are in Bangkok, Hong Kong or elsewhere. While budget hotels are more of local design and local taste, they will offer a "more unforgetful" memory than the Hyatts, Holiday Inns, etc.

ANy suggestions on what to do, where to go for a 3 days weekend trip in bangkok, staying in Asia Hotel?

festard, i think the question is even if there was internet services at the hotel, would you pay for it?

togu - many things to do. shop at paragon, ctc, emporium. eat at chinatown. take pictures at ctc, markets, quaint colonial restaurant.

http://www.evergreenapartment.com

Should be cheaper than any decent hotel, and it's quite nice, I've stayed there before. Based on their website, cheapest is 2600 baht per day, or just over S$100.
    asia hotel only 1200 baht per day for 2 person, that's like $150 for 3 nights

Quote Originally Posted by togu View Post
    ANy suggestions on what to do, where to go for a 3 days weekend trip in bangkok, staying in Asia Hotel?
    Shopping in hugh shopping malls, massage in spa, sightseeing to Palace/Budda/Temples, pray at 4-face-budda, river cruise, seafood dinner...

there's lots of lan and internet gaming shops around in Bangkok... 30baht per hour or something... (can't remember)... MBK got one super cosy feel lah... Bigbig armchair... ;P
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Soi Kasemsan 1 is the side road where Reno Hotel is located.
    Thanks to Astin for the picture of the hotel.

Wai was staying near to Indon lingserguan. Pecthburi Area, near to Pharnthip Plaza. Their equal of simlim sqaure.

Personally I prefer low-end to mid-end luxury hotel.

Cannot afford ultra high-end. Bangkok Peninsula Suite anyone? May cost you many thousands of $ a night.
    By the way, the BKK Peninsula is NOT what the Singapore Peninsula hotel is like. It is way above that standard.

I agree with ericp. I like comfort and nice, clean, SAFE (no robbery) countries/hotels. That is why I do not like Batam.
    Pay a bit more. It's your holiday. Enjoy.

I do know some nice cheap places that I like. But you may not like the neighbourhood. (not for family man with wife and kids)
    But sometimes also go for my fave low-end luxury hotel.
    Novotel Siam Square.

Have stayed at Pathuwan Princess too, but I like NSS more.

I do not really like MBK type of stalls for shopping.

I prefer Central Chitlom. And there is mother of all BKK shopping malls - Siam Paragon.

The younger set may like Emporium in Sukhumvit.

Have heard that Asia and First (old wing) hotels are haunted. This is not a joke.
    But there are people who choose haunted hotels for the thrill.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 29th November 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    festard, i think the question is even if there was internet services at the hotel, would you pay for it?

togu - many things to do. shop at paragon, ctc, emporium. eat at chinatown. take pictures at ctc, markets, quaint colonial restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    asia hotel only 1200 baht per day for 2 person, that's like $150 for 3 nights
    Shopping in hugh shopping malls, massage in spa, sightseeing to Palace/Budda/Temples, pray at 4-face-budda, river cruise, seafood dinner...
    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    there's lots of lan and internet gaming shops around in Bangkok... 30baht per hour or something... (can't remember)... MBK got one super cosy feel lah... Bigbig armchair... ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Soi Kasemsan 1 is the side road where Reno Hotel is located.
    Thanks to Astin for the picture of the hotel.

Wai was staying near to Indon lingserguan. Pecthburi Area, near to Pharnthip Plaza. Their equal of simlim sqaure.

Personally I prefer low-end to mid-end luxury hotel.

Cannot afford ultra high-end. Bangkok Peninsula Suite anyone? May cost you many thousands of $ a night.
    By the way, the BKK Peninsula is NOT what the Singapore Peninsula hotel is like. It is way above that standard.

I agree with ericp. I like comfort and nice, clean, SAFE (no robbery) countries/hotels. That is why I do not like Batam.
    Pay a bit more. It's your holiday. Enjoy.

I do know some nice cheap places that I like. But you may not like the neighbourhood. (not for family man with wife and kids)
    But sometimes also go for my fave low-end luxury hotel.
    Novotel Siam Square.

Have stayed at Pathuwan Princess too, but I like NSS more.

I do not really like MBK type of stalls for shopping.

I prefer Central Chitlom. And there is mother of all BKK shopping malls - Siam Paragon.

The younger set may like Emporium in Sukhumvit.

Have heard that Asia and First (old wing) hotels are haunted. This is not a joke.
    But there are people who choose haunted hotels for the thrill.
    i think she check out liao.. the question was post 2 week ago..

Soma,
    it does not matter.
    We were sharing info on BKK with other CS members and not replying specifically to the original poster.

Why the big fonts?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 29th November 2006 at 12:46 AM.

anyone knows how i can book rooms for RENO HOTEL?

cant find it on asia travel man

any comments on The Residence at Rajtaevee?
    http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/?r=bangkok

... I feel that many 5star hotels are all the same inside...
    I concur on this also ... a while ago, I took a picture of the rooms as soon as I checked in (before I messed them up !), as something fun to do as I was travelling so much, all 5 star and above, and you know what, I'd be hard pressed to identify which room is from which hotel if I looked at the images again

There's a thing to be said for boutique and interesting hotels, but they would have to come with good recommendations before I would even think about them, I'm getting softer as time goes by

Just came back, hotel not that bad, pretty comfortable stay. Skytrain accessible from the hotel, walking distance to MBK, Siam square. 7-11, massage, good makan place, lan surfing all next door. A pub directly opposite the hotel. Baht 100 to paptong.

Only glitch is that bathtub too small, and no windows in the room.

what asia and first old win is hunted? i was stayin in the first OLD WING! and my girlfriend was scared to shower cause of the sounds in the bathroom which apparently i didn't hear. hm.... i guess i'm the kinda that choose not to see or hear anything. =P
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by wainism View Post
    anyone knows how i can book rooms for RENO HOTEL?

cant find it on asia travel man
    renohotel@bblife.com

Just email them and make enquire about the room rate and booking.

Quote Originally Posted by wainism View Post
    any comments on The Residence at Rajtaevee?
    http://www.sawadee.com/hotels/?r=bangkok
    been to BKK twice, both stayed at The Residence. I like it because the location is good, near BTS and walking distance to the chain of shopping malls from world trade to siam sq, discovery center and even MBK. It is also very near Pantip plaza (something like sim lim sq), but since it is not along main road, taxi may have difficulty locating it. Anyway, just look out for indonesia embassy or pantip, they are along the main road behind the hotel.

used to look very old and dark a year ago, now just renovated but the price also increased from B$800 to B$950 when i was there few weeks back

BTW, the room is big and comes with mini fridge with 2 bottle of mineral water everyday. The price include breakfast buffet too, but the food menu never change after more than a year!

it used to be the cheapest around, but if asia hotel cost only B$1200 per nite, you may want to consider asia hotel instead.
    Last edited by Wai; 5th December 2006 at 09:12 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    been to BKK twice, both stayed at The Residence. I like it because the location is good, near BTS and walking distance to the chain of shopping malls from world trade to siam sq, discovery center and even MBK.
    Wai,

is there a way from the Resdience to cross the canal to the back of Siam Discovery ? maybe got a small bridge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast