Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on Flash

Default Re: Question on Flash

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    this is a quantum battery 1+ I used to have, you can use the module (cable) to connect the battery and the flash, just insert into the flash battery compartment and fastener it.

Ahh...looks cool though, looks quite expensive.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Ahh...looks cool though, looks quite expensive.
    last known price is about $600.00
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

last known price is about $600.00
    I heard the Turbo's a lot more ex rite?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I heard the Turbo's a lot more ex rite?
    for your referance

Thanks! Seems like the Turbo 2 x 2 is around twice more expensive than the +1, somemore it's in USD.

wow .. the quantum batt pack looks heavy to carry around leh ...

is it cumblesome? I see a clip like attachment in the picture. I guess it's for photographers to clip it on the belt, but most female photographers dun wear belts, how?

How do most of you usually carry it then? place it in the already so heavy camera bag? (maybe only my bag is usually heavy, coz girls tends to stuff more stuffs inside their bags! LOL ) or clip it onto your belt/pants?

just asking out of curiousity ... too noob with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by MsBunny View Post
    wow .. the quantum batt pack looks heavy to carry around leh ...

is it cumblesome? I see a clip like attachment in the picture. I guess it's for photographers to clip it on the belt, but most female photographers dun wear belts, how?

How do most of you usually carry it then? place it in the already so heavy camera bag? (maybe only my bag is usually heavy, coz girls tends to stuff more stuffs inside their bags! LOL ) or clip it onto your belt/pants?

just asking out of curiousity ... too noob with these things.
    Usually it's clipped to the belts. I've seen many photographers at events like that.

hmmmm ... I started this thread asking about a problem I'd faced with flash. Initially I thought it's only the settings done wrongly.

But it's interesting that now this thread has slowly diverted to talk about the batteries used for flash. I didn't know that the type of batteries use for flash have such impact on flashuntil now!

What a noob I'd been! And I'm beginning to love CS for providing a place for noobie noobs like me to post all sorts of questions to get answers from photog gurus out there!

Quote Originally Posted by MsBunny View Post
    hmmmm ... I started this thread asking about a problem I'd faced with flash. Initially I thought it's only the settings done wrongly.

But it's interesting that now this thread has slowly diverted to talk about the batteries used for flash. I didn't know that the type of batteries use for flash have such impact on flashuntil now!

What a noob I'd been! And I'm beginning to love CS for providing a place for noobie noobs like me to post all sorts of questions to get answers from photog gurus out there!
    We're all here to learn, including myself. Yes these batts are the ultimate for flashes. Seems like i may get 1 for my 580EX in future.

you can sling the battery pack, put inside a waist pouch or whatever ways work for you.

catchlights == flash pro

just to throw in a couple of cents:

* battery packs like Quantums are cumbersome for casual shooters, and sometimes intimidating (for both subject and user!).

* do you really need machine-gun flash? sometimes all you need to do is wait a little longer for the flash to fully recharge - the ready light on the flash should come on when it's fully charged.

* specs on B&H rate the recycle time for the 430EX at 3.7 seconds after a full power discharge when using alkaline batteries, and a blazingly fast 2 seconds when using NiMH batteries.

* follow catchlights' other suggestions in post #6, they are spot-on.

hope that helps.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

If Quantums are cumbersome to carry around, then what abt proprietory ones like CP-E2 and CP-E3?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12