Thread: anyone bring tripod size like Slik U9000 travel?

Default anyone bring tripod size like Slik U9000 travel?

just curious, going back to m'sia but find lots of things to bring. which tripod u guys used when go oversea? are all of u consider those light n short b4 expanding? or stable bulky one?

What's the size of a U9000 anyway?

Regards
    CK

Default Re: anyone bring tripod size like Slik U9000 travel?

Originally posted by chenwei
    just curious, going back to m'sia but find lots of things to bring. which tripod u guys used when go oversea? are all of u consider those light n short b4 expanding? or stable bulky one?
    Manfrotto 190 Pro with 308RC everywhere I go. Much heavier than your U9000 but worth the effort for me.

Originally posted by ckiang
    What's the size of a U9000 anyway?

Regards
    CK
    around 1.6kg, folded length 59cm.
    http://www.slik.com/u/4906752101155-e.html

but won't it be inconvenient to bring a tripod around?

Depends on whether you want to lug it around. I use a Gitzo G01 for travelling. Approx. 43cm when collapsed, 1.2m tall when fully extended.

Regards
    CK

I guess it depends on the person... whether they are willing to carry it around........

Originally posted by ckiang

Depends on whether you want to lug it around. I use a Gitzo G01 for travelling. Approx. 43cm when collapsed, 1.2m tall when fully extended.

Regards
    CK
    i do want to bring it along, but it's a bit heavy n inconvenient to do that. is there a tripod when folded is around 30cm and not so heavy, but can support 602 weight?

Default Re: anyone bring tripod size like Slik U9000 travel?

I brought along a similar one, Pro340DX with me last time during my trip. Not much useful cause I was with my friends. Quite paiseh to let them wait to take photos with tripod. Maybe if you have a more flexible trip, (when you are travelling) you can consider to bring U9000 along?

Ever considered getting a monopod instead?

I think you have to take the load that you'll be putting onto the tripod into consideration ...

The Fuji Finepix 602 only weighs approx. 500g. This means that you'll get away with the lighter tripod models (but not so light as to have it toppling over in a light breeze!) Height-wise, this will have to depend on your height and what you find as a comfortable level for shooting.

Me personally, I always carry my Gitzo Explorer on about 95% of my trips but then again I use much heavier equipment that requires the bulk/mass for stability.

Talking about monopod, what model is most recommended heh? those not so expensive one..... Can someone enlighten me?
    Cheers.

Originally posted by cheechee
    Talking about monopod, what model is most recommended heh? those not so expensive one..... Can someone enlighten me?
    Cheers.
    A Manfrotto (#479 I think) is only $50. Very well built. Doubles as a weapon when needed too.

Regards
    CK

Gee... What a quick reply.

Thanks a lot.....

Will try to get one after cny(ang pau ang pau = $$$ )

Btw, just need to get the monopod then can load my camera on it? No need buy extra add ons such as those ballheads as in tripods rite?

If you want to take portrait shots, you will need another head as the manfrotto monopod doesn't come with one (mine doesn't, its the 679) and you can't adjust the angle or anything on the monopod. Still looking around for a head.

took my monopod together but.... too bad, didn't use at all... so regret to bring it along. if possible, i will choose to bring tripod rather.

monopod really useless if u want to take over 10 sec night shot, at least for me.

Once we were at the famous PEAK in Hong Kong and the wind was strong to blow my friend Olympus C4040 with tripod (light weight) to the ground If you can, try to bring your best tripod that you have. As for monopod, you need sometime to get use to it.

monopod really useless if u want to take over 10 sec night shot, at least for me
    Erm, a monopod was never meant as a substitute for long exposure shots. You want to take 10s exposure, you gotta use a tripod or some other platform.