Thread: Quick Critique?

Default Quick Critique?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42810654/

is this shot okay?
    i hope its not too dark for anybody's liking.
    i wanna give that dark feel.

thanks

Default Re: Quick Critique?

dun appeal to me... too many issues to list... when my headache subside i'll write in details...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hmm slightly better headache...

anyway... just somethings u could work on...

draw a grid when you crop, your apple is not in the centre, and even if you say its not suppose to be, its neither here nor there, its like 1/xxx off center... its not 2/3 or 1/3... very very distracting...

light as well, too much black area, esp at the bottom, making your picture top loaded but bottom empty. try to either improve in composition, or improve lighting.

its better to throw some light from the bottom of the pic, as in u shoot top view, some light from your side. can use a reflector... else no contrast of the apple, and the shadow consumed the side of the apple

the water droplets are nice, but not contrasty enuff, esp those on the sides, without any light source, and look like the apple mutated with some protrusion... check top of the apple.

the stem look very flat, i'll either rotate the apple to have the stem pointing up or just cut the stem shorter.

lastly, there is alot of white spot in the picture... most probably you have used a magic brush or something and did not do a good job... or your sensor about to go...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

actually i think the water droplets are excessive ... and black and white will work better.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    actually i think the water droplets are excessive ... and black and white will work better.
    think this pic b&w, no hope liao... too dark, unless +1.5 exp

critique?

yeaps, moved to the critique corner. u'll get more responses and replies here.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!