View Poll Results: Kids or no Kids

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single, does not wish to get married

    8 16.33%
  • Single, wish to get married but does not want to have kids

    4 8.16%
  • Single, wish to get married and have kids

    15 30.61%
  • Married, does not wish to have kids

    5 10.20%
  • Married, wish to have kids

    6 12.24%
  • Married, and with kids now

    11 22.45%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 159

Thread: Mindset of the Z Generations

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This Gen X & Y is going to rule this great nation in the future.
    true, so we can imagine the futre would be like *ot-ting all the way*
    i am not a GUY... erm ya...

  2. #122
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagari View Post
    true, so we can imagine the futre would be like *ot-ting all the way*
    GEN X n Y = GEN OT?

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Den Gen Z must be the Debt Generation with their Buy-Buy-Buy.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Checking with my friends (married n unmarried), it seems female are the one who most often decide not to have children because they are the one who suffer the most (during pregnancy and after the baby is born). So the poll may not represent a completely unbiased result.

  5. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    I would think that suffering during pregnancy or after baby is born is not the main cause of why Singaporeans are not having kids.

    This porportion is in ratio with being a developed country and this problem, is faced by many developed countries. With the better and higher education background, people are talking more about leading a quality lifestyle. There are things that has to be sacrificed in order to maintain the high standard of living. A luxury in the past is now considered a norm, taking for example going for an annual tour (for some, more than once a year).

    We are also more aware and placing more importance in the unforeseen and our future by buying life policies, endowment plans, etc. All these interests are safeguarded in the past, by having more children.

    As the saying goes "Yang Er Fang Lao" is now being replaced by "Yang Er Fan Nao"

  6. #126
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Den Gen Z must be the Debt Generation with their Buy-Buy-Buy.
    Then I dare not imagine the gen. after Z.

  7. #127
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Then I dare not imagine the gen. after Z.
    Simple it will be sell sell sell why? cos Gen Z buy buy buy too much

  8. #128
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    I would think that suffering during pregnancy or after baby is born is not the main cause of why Singaporeans are not having kids.

    This porportion is in ratio with being a developed country and this problem, is faced by many developed countries. With the better and higher education background, people are talking more about leading a quality lifestyle. There are things that has to be sacrificed in order to maintain the high standard of living. A luxury in the past is now considered a norm, taking for example going for an annual tour (for some, more than once a year).

    We are also more aware and placing more importance in the unforeseen and our future by buying life policies, endowment plans, etc. All these interests are safeguarded in the past, by having more children.

    As the saying goes "Yang Er Fang Lao" is now being replaced by "Yang Er Fan Nao"
    fang Lao or Fan Nao will really depend on idividual lah... nt all fan nao.... some r here to bao en mah....

  9. #129
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Simple it will be sell sell sell why? cos Gen Z buy buy buy too much
    Good time to get antiques?

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    well i dunnoe about anitique more of junl if u ask me

    but seriously why ppl dun want to have kids... for woman its figure, cash and well lots of resposibility and less freedom

    for me i want to have kids.... ahahahahahaha
    i am not a GUY... erm ya...

  11. #131
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Good time to get antiques?
    Maybe u can start by collecting from your grandparents den from your parents by dat time should be antiques liao!

  12. #132
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagari View Post
    well i dunnoe about anitique more of junl if u ask me

    but seriously why ppl dun want to have kids... for woman its figure, cash and well lots of resposibility and less freedom

    for me i want to have kids.... ahahahahahaha
    Nowadays hard to find people of the errr... Gen Z so willing to stay at home to look after kids!!! So homely!

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagari View Post
    well i dunnoe about anitique more of junl if u ask me

    but seriously why ppl dun want to have kids... for woman its figure, cash and well lots of resposibility and less freedom

    for me i want to have kids.... ahahahahahaha
    real anot? for all i know, most guys just wanna have sex... for a better word to comfort woman... make love...

    having kids for guys are merely miscalculation or an act of *beep*
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    costs of living so high nowadays. how many women can be fortunate enough to stay home, shake legs & look after babies ? being a woman is like a punishment. have to endure PMS, then go thru 9 mths' pregnancy, risks of hubby ignoring her as she ballooned. many ppl asked me have babies but who's gonna look after my kid(s) when i already have to look after so many ppl now ???? wait long long!!
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    costs of living so high nowadays. how many women can be fortunate enough to stay home, shake legs & look after babies ? being a woman is like a punishment. have to endure PMS, then go thru 9 mths' pregnancy, risks of hubby ignoring her as she ballooned. many ppl asked me have babies but who's gonna look after my kid(s) when i already have to look after so many ppl now ???? wait long long!!
    can lah, drop them at the childcare...

    i'm thinking, since this is singapore, is there a place whereby a couple can pay a fix amount and drop their kids at a factory and only get to see them once a week or something... manufactured elites... everyday their schedule all jam packed to prepare them for the worst...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    costs of living so high nowadays. how many women can be fortunate enough to stay home, shake legs & look after babies ? being a woman is like a punishment. have to endure PMS, then go thru 9 mths' pregnancy, risks of hubby ignoring her as she ballooned. many ppl asked me have babies but who's gonna look after my kid(s) when i already have to look after so many ppl now ???? wait long long!!
    Though with the same mindset, I see it the Man's way

    Costs of living is extremely high (unless I can earn $10k/mth). Somemore must employ maid to do housework as woman nowadays cannot touch water. Being a husband is also a pain, having to endure the wife's PMS, having to go out to buy supper in the middle of the night for cravings (worst I've heard of is someone drove to Malaysia (cant remember if its Malacca or Penang, juz to get some food for his wife). Government ask us to have kids but still raising GST! How to Survive?

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Though with the same mindset, I see it the Man's way

    Costs of living is extremely high (unless I can earn $10k/mth). Somemore must employ maid to do housework as woman nowadays cannot touch water. Being a husband is also a pain, having to endure the wife's PMS, having to go out to buy supper in the middle of the night for cravings (worst I've heard of is someone drove to Malaysia (cant remember if its Malacca or Penang, juz to get some food for his wife). Government ask us to have kids but still raising GST! How to Survive?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    can lah, drop them at the childcare...

    i'm thinking, since this is singapore, is there a place whereby a couple can pay a fix amount and drop their kids at a factory and only get to see them once a week or something... manufactured elites... everyday their schedule all jam packed to prepare them for the worst...
    having kids just isnt about ensuring that they have enough to eat and wear new clothes every now and then. finances already so tight, stuck with heavier responsibilities than most ppl at my age and now gonna smash myself with more rocks ? no frigging way. i dont see myself having a baby until im over 35.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    having kids just isnt about ensuring that they have enough to eat and wear new clothes every now and then. finances already so tight, stuck with heavier responsibilities than most ppl at my age and now gonna smash myself with more rocks ? no frigging way. i dont see myself having a baby until im over 35.
    adopted?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Mindset of the Z Generations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    Though with the same mindset, I see it the Man's way

    Costs of living is extremely high (unless I can earn $10k/mth). Somemore must employ maid to do housework as woman nowadays cannot touch water. Being a husband is also a pain, having to endure the wife's PMS, having to go out to buy supper in the middle of the night for cravings (worst I've heard of is someone drove to Malaysia (cant remember if its Malacca or Penang, juz to get some food for his wife). Government ask us to have kids but still raising GST! How to Survive?

    ask garment to go fly kite lah. raising kids of course is easy for them (elite ppl have elite pay).our takehome pay, minus the housing costs, toiletries /groceries, food, transport and allowance to grandparents/ parents left how much liao ? so stressful to stay in sg, even want to have a baby also cannot lah, think making babies like A B C meh

    got women like that ah? if im the husband, i already kick the woman far far
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •