Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Of Wives and Nikon Stuffs

Default Re: Of Wives and Nikon Stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan View Post
    same here.
    ya know, everytime my gf hear me mention your name, she will say, wat u buying again...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I realise that the BEST time to buy toy for myself is right after I bought a bag for my wife

Wah! how come so many on this thread here got to resort to lying and coming up with all sorts of stories and means to squirrel away money to buy equipment? How to have long term happy marriage if there is no honesty on your buying habits and money? Why so scared of your wife?
    Thankfully I have never had my wife nag on my purchases. Maybe I don't see the need to blow away so much $$$$ on having the best equipment. Perhaps it would help if you guys take the time to talk thru when making a commitment to big ticket items. Also never had to buy anything for my wife to "compensate" or "appease" her. Works with me.
    Last edited by creampuff; 10th November 2006 at 09:27 AM.

I usually discuss with my wife and she'll go "If you think you need it, then buy lor." Sometime, even, I'll buy for you."

Guess, I'm really quite blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I realise that the BEST time to buy toy for myself is right after I bought a bag for my wife
    hehe... tats wut i did when i bought my 70-200vr... i got her a bruan buffel bag and tat kinda shut her up...

Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    hehe... tats wut i did when i bought my 70-200vr... i got her a bruan buffel bag and tat kinda shut her up...
    so if u getting a 300f2.8, u might need to buy a Prada or LV already...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so if u getting a 300f2.8, u might need to buy a Prada or LV already...
    aiya... just tell her bought 2nd hand @ cheap cheap $ then get her another bonia or bruan lo... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    aiya... just tell her bought 2nd hand @ cheap cheap $ then get her another bonia or bruan lo... hehe
    strange thou, how come girls go to do those expensive makeovers or buy designer dresses, they never buy me a wallet or something...

dun braun buffel wallet, maybe braun shaver good enuff...

strange thou, how come girls go to do those expensive makeovers or buy designer dresses, they never buy me a wallet or something...

haha better dun ah... wif the shaver on hand she might shave u botak once she found out u got new purchases...

Make photography your profession as every camera gear you buy is tax reductable.

Wife can't say anything to an income generating investment liao.

Blog Entries

i too, am fortunate,
    my wife buys me photo toys for birthday, xmas ... ...
    easier for her,
    she don't need to think too much about what to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    Juz ask her,

Btw lens and another woman, which would she prefer?

Thankfully, my gf is not complaining about my purchases though I bring her along whenever I am buying my photographic equipments.
    You can't use this line without repercussions... a woman can fool around and get it easily more than a man, so be careful about saying such things to the one you love.

../azul123

I'm lucky, my wife bought me my 1st digital compact, konica KD-500 few yrs ago for $900++...."they can't differentiate between lenses"? Ya, right, my wife can even tell me which of my camera focus faster and which of my wide angle or tele zoom she wants to use...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    You can't use this line without repercussions... a woman can fool around and get it easily more than a man, so be careful about saying such things to the one you love.

../azul123
    agreed... always respect and cherish the one whom is dearest to u...

Quote Originally Posted by jbma View Post
    You have violated the first rule of buying photography stuff. "Never Bring Your Wife Along." I always tell my wife that my purchase is only $100 or less. This will avoid any arguments and possibly headaches. So for health reason don't bring her along. Sometimes I buy first and keep it in my car till she is not home and then bring it up. When she asked about it I just tell her that it's been there all along. But there are times when I just put my foot forward and but what I want as it is my money and I worked hard for it. But to avoid any unnecessary quarrel just do the above.
    I do not think its good to lie to spouse. Unless you really believe that she is so dumb that she will never find out the actual price of your lenses. :P
    Before any major purchase, I've always discuss with my wife & so far no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Wah! how come so many on this thread here got to resort to lying and coming up with all sorts of stories and means to squirrel away money to buy equipment? How to have long term happy marriage if there is no honesty on your buying habits and money? Why so scared of your wife?
    Thankfully I have never had my wife nag on my purchases. Maybe I don't see the need to blow away so much $$$$ on having the best equipment. Perhaps it would help if you guys take the time to talk thru when making a commitment to big ticket items. Also never had to buy anything for my wife to "compensate" or "appease" her. Works with me.

Well said!

Think about it. Why wife nag when you buy camera equipment for hobby. Is it that you are spending to fullfil a want when important needs in the family are not met?

Blog Entries

the bags, shoes and jewellery are also wants

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the bags, shoes and jewellery are also wants
    yes they are

I don't really trumpet my purchases since like what most ppl said, "Moms & Girlfriends can't tell between a 50 f/1.8 & a 50 f/1.0".

Rather I trumpet my photos instead and wow them with the results instead.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Braun shaver.... I oso want. But not cheap. Spending $280 to shave does sound a little ex.

I'll stick to my $70 dry shaver.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast