Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo storage portable hard disk.

Default Re: Photo storage portable hard disk.

you are out of luck flowerpot, that model is already discontinued. Blu got it back then about RM1200.00 but that was about 3 years ago.

actually, i do not need a screen, just to copy the pix across then i continue shooting. but will the copying be overlap if there are folders of the same name?

Not sure about others but so far the X-Drive I am using starts a new folder each time. No chance of a overlap.
    Last edited by Blu-By-U; 14th November 2006 at 02:13 PM.

I am using Nexto CF Nd 2300, light and less bulky.

I suggest that you buy the case and the HDD separately as the case give you 1 yr warranty and the HDD normally 3 yrs warranty.

There is a CF slot but ayou can transfer other card format via a card reader.

You can visit them at http://www.nextodi.com/

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot99 View Post
    Wow nice looking device. How much is it? trying to keep my budget within $300 while getting the most buck for space and function
    I bought my Vosonic 6230i with 80G HDD form one of the shop in SLS 5th floor. Nice device with 2.5" LCD display, it can play MP3 music, Jpeq files, Video (limited file type), with built-in mic that can do voice recording. But the size is rather big.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    ... Vosonic 6230i....
    How much did you pay for it?

Hi flowerpot
    i have used the NOAX before from a friend..
    some pros:
    1)the price is attractive.
    2) it is a HDD player, which means it can play divx movies, or Mp3s that you download from internet.
    3) it is multi use as a external HDD.

some cons:
    1) it needs a power source to run, but i think there is a 4AA size battery adaptor.
    2) it needs a separate card reader to transfer. I used CF card, and i need to connect the CF card into the card reader, then connect into the HDD player. for a 2GB photos, it takes 4 hours. but is still ok if u travel and do the transfer at night. the reason why it is so slow could be due to my card reader, my friend did not complain about this point.
    3) there are only LEDs available on the HDD player, so there is not so much of a "user interface" to assure you positively that your have transferred into the HDD, and start to erase your CF card! if there is a TV around while you travel, it is alright to plug the HDD player into the TV to check that the images are transferred.

I am very tempted to get this too, but maybe I can wait until my next travels, when this technology becomes more economical
    cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot99 View Post
    Hmm I was looking for a portable HDD to use as a back up to my computers at home as well as being able to back up my photos on the fly. Came across the following which sort of fufill my requirement.

1. Civx HDD player OTG ($119)
    http://consus.com.sg/productmm00002.html

2. Noax HDD player(think is from japan)($139)
    http://www.thanko.jp/divxplayer.html

From wat the dealer(@SLS) said , OTG allows any files to be copied to the HDD directly through the USB cable to the camera or card readers by the press of a buttom. Not too sure if u can copy HDD to HDD though. Well its good since u no longer have to ask ur friends to sent u ur photos but just simply duplicate on the spot from their camera. COOL
    Apart from that, the system also can act as a video and music player which can output to TV and music system. Pretty useful for chalet and oversea trips where pictures taken earlier can be viewed on TV. It can also play movies and stuff Finally it can be used as a portable HDD to back up my files in my com ( my primary use)

Most important of all, It dun burn a big hole right through my pocket considering it does so much.
    Some points to note:
    1.When they say case only means u can buy a HDD and put it in. ie u can choose the capacity of the HDD (250GB anyone?) Normally those player that comes with HDD is only 40GB or 80GB which I think is little comsidering that the sweet point is increasing.

2. Please ask if the player comes with battery or battery pack! One system from Sarotech cause so much more but dun have battery support?? So how can anyone be really back up OTG if u need to find a power point to use it.... So much for portable

Finally, Can anyone who used the OTG system before comment on how good is it?? I am more incline towards the Cvix HDD player cause it looks nicer and have controls on the device instead of relaying everything on the remote controller. However, the uncle said the Noax system is more established (in japan) and have better playback quality. Any comment?

Smile Re: Photo storage portable hard disk.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    I bought my Vosonic 6230i with 80G HDD form one of the shop in SLS 5th floor. Nice device with 2.5" LCD display, it can play MP3 music, Jpeq files, Video (limited file type), with built-in mic that can do voice recording. But the size is rather big.
    I have a Maxian T600 for about 1 year. Very with it.
    It is a PMP. A bit pricy, but good quality product.
    The screen size is about 3.7 in
    Can load photos with a card reader and view it.
    Can also view download movies.
    Can also record TV shows and view it later.
    About 8 to 10 hrs of music listening and 4 hrs of movies viewing.
    Speaker is good. 30 Gb of storage space. Take a look at it.

Now you have another option to choose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12