Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

  1. #1
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    i changed my win xp theme just now, and now, all fonts become VERY small compared to before the change..any idea how to change back?? i can't seem to find any option to change the font sizes...even in programs, the menu fonts are also very very small
    eat. drink. shoot

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i changed my win xp theme just now, and now, all fonts become VERY small compared to before the change..any idea how to change back?? i can't seem to find any option to change the font sizes...even in programs, the menu fonts are also very very small
    Did you change the screen resolution?

    Otherwise it will be Right Click on Desktop >Appearance > Font Size

  3. #3
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    hmm...nope didn't change res...my res is always at max res...the font size thing doesn't help...my previous font size was "normal" too..
    eat. drink. shoot

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    hmm...nope didn't change res...my res is always at max res...the font size thing doesn't help...my previous font size was "normal" too..
    Hmm, have you tried restarting?

  5. #5

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    May be the theme problem. Is it from the microsoft or third party ones??

  6. #6
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    default theme...will restart later...my photoshop installation suddenly got screwed up too...need to re-install..ugh..last time i'll meddle with the system settings
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    default theme...will restart later...my photoshop installation suddenly got screwed up too...need to re-install..ugh..last time i'll meddle with the system settings
    A simple restart usually fixes these problems, electronics go weird every now and again.

  8. #8
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Go to control panels ---- > Taskbar and Start Menu -----> Start Menu Tab

    Besides Start Menu, click on "CUSTOMISE"

    Under "General"

    Ayia, self explanary there. Click whether u want BIG or small icon

    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  9. #9

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    i got one fool-proof way. just format can liao.

  10. #10
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    i got one fool-proof way. just format can liao.
    Where u get all the FOC themes ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  11. #11
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Go to control panels ---- > Taskbar and Start Menu -----> Start Menu Tab

    Besides Start Menu, click on "CUSTOMISE"

    Under "General"

    Ayia, self explanary there. Click whether u want BIG or small icon

    doesn't work la..that one is for the start menu only..i'm talking about everything...desktop icons, in-program menus, etc
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #12
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    A simple restart usually fixes these problems, electronics go weird every now and again.
    restarted to no effect
    eat. drink. shoot

  13. #13

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    i think you play with hacktools until got virus liao.

  14. #14

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    There's also another possibility, Right click on desktop, choose "Properties" choose "Settings", check resolution, choose "Advanced", choose "General" to change DPI settings.

  15. #15
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    There's also another possibility, Right click on desktop, choose "Properties" choose "Settings", check resolution, choose "Advanced", choose "General" to change DPI settings.
    lol

    u got so many prob.

    U can try what shadowfax suggested.

    Another one is found under

    Display properties -- > Appearance ----> Effects ------> Click USE LARGE ICONs !

    Haha or revert back to ur Windows XP theme

    Otherwise or ghost back ur PC
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  16. #16
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Try this: Display Properties->Appearance->Advanced, Item: Icon Size: 32
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  17. #17

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    how about "system restore"? restore your system to an earlier time.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Right Click on any part of desktop (other then icons)
    Properties
    Appearance
    Can you see the value Item? Click on icon. Change the Size to something larger. Click apply. Is it better? Play with the various items there & different sizes till you get something that you like. You can change the font size here also. Then just save as a Scheme

  19. #19

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Where u get all the FOC themes ?
    Deviantart lor

  20. #20

    Default Re: help! windows icons and fonts suddenly became very small

    hmmm......still no reply from him. dun tell me he really format.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •