Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which gear is most important?

Default Which gear is most important?

Given a limited budget...which gear in terms of order of importance or "desired"...

Tripod?
    Flash?
    Meter?
    high-edn lens?

Whats your view?

Default Re: Which gear is most important?

How can anyone tell you unless they know what you want to shoot?

If you want to shoot landscape or macro, obviously tripod is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotzone View Post
    Given a limited budget...which gear in terms of order of importance or "desired"...

Tripod?
    Flash?
    Meter?
    high-edn lens?

Whats your view?

1.Flash
    2.High-end lens
    3.Tripod.

body
    lens
    tripod
    flash
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    How can anyone tell you unless they know what you want to shoot?

If you want to shoot landscape or macro, obviously tripod is #1.
    Agreed. To a large extend, it depends on what you are shotting mainly. But everything being equal...which gear would you part your money first?

Just want to see the responses from you guys

My Eyes, My Legs, My Arms, and my camera...

1. High end lens
    2. Meter
    3. Flash
    4. Tripod

My 2c...

Everything else being equal, you should understand what you want to shoot first. Don't have the tail wagging the dog.

Agreed. To a large extend, it depends on what you are shotting mainly. But everything being equal...which gear would you part your money first?

Just want to see the responses from you guys

Everything else being equal, you should understand what you want to shoot first. Don't have the tail wagging the dog.

eat. drink. shoot

I'm really sorry guys if I didnt clarify that I am not asking for recommendations. I just want to start this discussion and share your views based on your needs and perspective.

Besides the camera body, I would go for a good lens first, then if I still have some $$, I will go for a Gitzo tripod (which I have purchased couple of months back), if I get my bonus, I will upgrade my flash one notch.

If I strike 4D this weekend, maybe the Lecica M8?? .,..

...huh what dog?

I came back recently to this forum after a long break.

When I see the thread title I am like What The F.........

I mean, there are so many unique situations and unique angles to take a picture of an object, scene and/or person, how to discuss?

Do not waste your time please, pointless discussion. You do not even know what you are talking.

What are equal now? Your brain? Your eyes? Your legs? Your instinct? What do you have now?

Your question is so open that there is no way to answer. Because there is simply no answer.

For goodness sake ask intelligent questions that can be answered. Your question is so general, it means to me "what gear should I buy in order to take good pictures?"

...huh what dog?
    hahahaaa... sorry I was cannot help ya wif da anwser yet...

Yes! yes! must git flash then da rest ya have listed not in any particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post

haha! rich!

anws, i think a good lens is really all you need..

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy View Post
    I came back recently to this forum after a long break.

When I see the thread title I am like What The F.........

I mean, there are so many unique situations and unique angles to take a picture of an object, scene and/or person, how to discuss?

Do not waste your time please, pointless discussion. You do not even know what you are talking.

What are equal now? Your brain? Your eyes? Your legs? Your instinct? What do you have now?

Your question is so open that there is no way to answer. Because there is simply no answer.

For goodness sake ask intelligent questions that can be answered. Your question is so general, it means to me "what gear should I buy in order to take good pictures?"

Gee This blew my mind. I am so new to this forum and have heard so much positive things about this online commuinity such as many helpful professionals and amatuers alike who are so willing to talk about anything about photography. The founders of this forum must be a bunch of passionate folks in the arts of photography.

I am just trying to learn.I am sorry if I have offended you or angered anyone out there or waste any of your time. I must be really stupid.

Mr IT guy, I hope you will pardon me and remain calm. I hope to learn from you some day.

Gee This blew my mind. I am so new to this forum and have heard so much positive things about this online commuinity such as many helpful professionals and amatuers alike who are so willing to talk about anything about photography. The founders of this forum must be a bunch of passionate folks in the arts of photography.

I am just trying to learn.I am sorry if I have offended you or angered anyone out there or waste any of your time. I must be really stupid.

Mr IT guy, I hope you will pardon me and remain calm. I hope to learn from you some day.
    nah. dun worry. forums, like in the real world are like that. i know you feel deeply misinterpreted. dun worry, i hate that kind of feeling too, but you'll get used to it, happens too often here. just ignore.

anyway, i think camera body is the most important. if one likes photography, a comfortable tool will make the experience even more enjoyable. so for me, it's camera first, flash second, lenses third. though a good camera bag is a must too.

none is most important. all are equally important.

your vision dictates how you use your gear, which one will be most important for the situation.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

You give me the impression that you are offended, defensive. I ask of you, look at my last 2 sentence in my first original post before you even reply. Reflect on your question before you try to counter what I posted earlier.

A normal person should logically be defensive when someone attacked him. Thats why you used "Mr" to address me.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    nah. dun worry. forums, like in the real world are like that. i know you feel deeply misinterpreted. dun worry, i hate that kind of feeling too, but you'll get used to it, happens too often here. just ignore.

anyway, i think camera body is the most important. if one likes photography, a comfortable tool will make the experience even more enjoyable. so for me, it's camera first, flash second, lenses third. though a good camera bag is a must too.

Ignorance is dangerous. There is no misinterpretation. There is just no direction where the question is heading.

Your body is most important. How you body function determines what you get from your gear. If you do not the vision of a great picture, how would you get a great picture eventually? By luck?

Tripod?
    Flash?
    Meter?
    high-edn lens?

Whats your view?
    the photographer

u can have the world best equiment but if you can't make full use of those stuff... u are just a fool wasteing $$
    Last edited by clarinet; 7th November 2006 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy View Post
    You give me the impression that you are offended, defensive. I ask of you, look at my last 2 sentence in my first original post before you even reply. Reflect on your question before you try to counter what I posted earlier.

A normal person should logically be defensive when someone attacked him. Thats why you used "Mr" to address me.
    I cant be bothered to read into your last 2 sentences after reading your first two sentences. What the...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast