Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mocha

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Mocha

    Hi guys, taken with my new toy, 50mm f1.8. No PP, please comment.

    Thank you very much.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Mocha

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi guys, taken with my new toy, 50mm f1.8. No PP, please comment.

    Thank you very much.

    Try shooting with a brighter background then tighten your crop a little bit. Add more reds and yellows to make the feel warmer. It is coffee anyway.

    You got a great lens there!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: Mocha

    nice! i like it!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    Thank you drumma.

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    nice! i like it!

  5. #5
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Mocha

    Nice shot,
    my only critique would be to allow for the saucer to be fully shown, rather than cut off on the left side.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  6. #6
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Mocha

    u r shooting at wide open f/1.8..can try shooting at f/2.8 or f/4 to get some details for the cake behind but yet having the bokeh effect..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    Ok, thanks for the comment. Will take note next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Nice shot,
    my only critique would be to allow for the saucer to be fully shown, rather than cut off on the left side.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    O, I was just thinking to isolate the Mocha.....thanks for the comment, may be shall do that to give the cake a bit more focus. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    u r shooting at wide open f/1.8..can try shooting at f/2.8 or f/4 to get some details for the cake behind but yet having the bokeh effect..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    Sorry, didn't notice your comment....

    It was an impromtu shooting in a cafe, this is the brightest background (facing the outside of the cafe) liao....more red and yellow......ok, next time will consider the overall colour tone and add things accordingly. Thanks for the tips!

    Yah, its a super good lens with super affordable price!!

    Quote Originally Posted by donvito View Post
    Try shooting with a brighter background then tighten your crop a little bit. Add more reds and yellows to make the feel warmer. It is coffee anyway.

    You got a great lens there!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Mocha

    not bad. but a tighter crop on top, not much interesting stuff there..
    Canon EOS 50D 24-105mm f4 L IS 70-200mm f/4 IS L 50mm f/1.8

  11. #11

    Default Re: Mocha

    nice! I sure was tempted to run out and get one for myself!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    Good suggestion. May be should crop into a square pic....how about that? Thanks for your comment!

    Quote Originally Posted by bwilly View Post
    not bad. but a tighter crop on top, not much interesting stuff there..

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    Thank you pleess! It is at Vivo City, a very class and very nicely decorated cafe.....and affordable too, the Mocha is only $5.50!

    Quote Originally Posted by pleess View Post
    nice! I sure was tempted to run out and get one for myself!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Eastcoast
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Mocha

    that mocha looks delicious. what's that thing in the background? cheesecake? kinda looks like a slab of butter.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Mocha

    It's cake (but duno cheese or not), half eaten by my wife

    Thanks for coming by and your encouraging comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    that mocha looks delicious. what's that thing in the background? cheesecake? kinda looks like a slab of butter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •