Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: Home studio setup

Default Re: Home studio setup

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    guo4 du4 de3 chien1 xu1 bian4 chen2 xu1 wei3

heard of it?

btw,i'm still waiting for your pw!
    really not humble lah... but really not good wif studio...
    pw ? ooh... hmm...................the pbase one ar ? gosh.. me getting too old.. memory is bad sia...

Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    really not humble lah... but really not good wif studio...
    pw ? ooh... hmm...................the pbase one ar ? gosh.. me getting too old.. memory is bad sia...
    jus kiddin will.it's ok if u do not wish to share ya?

btw, is studio so diff from your outdoor portraiture?
    if u can pose your model well outdoors, in studio wouldnt be a problem rite?
    moreover, the model will be more relaxed, less stressed (because outdoor people will be looking at her), and not to mention cool(literally) because got aircon.

other than control of studio lights, should be a piece of cake for people who are good in outdoor portraiture?
    no?
    care to share your thoughts?

moreover, the model will be more relaxed, less stressed (because outdoor people will be looking at her), and not to mention cool(literally) because got aircon.
    Cool meh?? with the lights directly on them... they will feel the HEAT... esp if it's a 1000W one...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Cool meh?? with the lights directly on them... they will feel the HEAT... esp if it's a 1000W one...
    well, it's better than the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000w atts sun looking at you rite?

jus kiddin will.it's ok if u do not wish to share ya?

other than control of studio lights, should be a piece of cake for people who are good in outdoor portraiture?
    no?
    care to share your thoughts?
    hahaha.. no lah.. will drop u a pm soon...
    hmm... i guess i prefer outdoor cos of the many things i can play with outside (ie. the environment) even outdoors in indoors (like jac's pics) makes me excited...
    but for studio.. (at least for me) .. i feel v restricted, n after a while, i feel kind of bored..
    but of cos there are also pple who loves studio, cos they can b in total control of the lights.. i guess its a matter of preference... n perhaps bcos i sux at studio lights.. mayb if i get better at studio lights, i may grow to like studio shooting..

And don't forget to paint your walls black.

hahaha.. no lah.. will drop u a pm soon...
    hmm... i guess i prefer outdoor cos of the many things i can play with outside (ie. the environment) even outdoors in indoors (like jac's pics) makes me excited...
    but for studio.. (at least for me) .. i feel v restricted, n after a while, i feel kind of bored..
    but of cos there are also pple who loves studio, cos they can b in total control of the lights.. i guess its a matter of preference... n perhaps bcos i sux at studio lights.. mayb if i get better at studio lights, i may grow to like studio shooting..

dun spoil my impression of you pls...
    jac will make any guy excited easily.
    have to acknowledge though, i'm proud that singapore has such pretty faces.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    And don't forget to paint your walls black.
    what?i even have to paint my walls black to prevent excess light reflection?
    dun burst my bubble of studio hope lei...

what?i even have to paint my walls black to prevent excess light reflection?
    dun burst my bubble of studio hope lei...
    Then what colors are your side walls? If its white, you may get natural reflectors. If its other colors....

joho, u photography to tan jiak one rite?i appreciate your time to 'teach' newbies like me.
    usually tan jiak type wont give a damn(pardon my lingo ya) about newbies.
    luckily you tell me, nope.i dont know diff lights got diff mounts.so troublesome one ah?dun have one size fit all like condoms ah?
    but wait.. one size does NOT fit all for condoms!!

wat newbie or tan jiak? i also newbie when it comes to studio. most of my "tan jiak" work has been outside of a studio. i also sought help from people when i set mine up. kenneth is actually an even more approachable person than i am, and he'll be available to show you his equipment if you're interested too.

finish already got open house or not ah?

dun spoil my impression of you pls...
    jac will make any guy excited easily.
    have to acknowledge though, i'm proud that singapore has such pretty faces.
    faints................. i meant the location.. not jac....

faints................. i meant the location.. not jac....
    pro.. we know wat u mean lar.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    anyone, incl you, is welcome! perhaps if i get enuff responses, we could organise another open house so everyone can come together.

our studio is open for rent too, so if you want to experiece shooting in one, you can!

shameless plug :

STUDIO FOR RENT!!
    Thanks so much

but for the renting part, actually for a newbie, dun know how to use the studio also wor so maybe go for a couple of open houses and then attending a few group studio shoots might help ?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Then what colors are your side walls? If its white, you may get natural reflectors. If its other colors....
    walls are white.ceilings are white.furniture in room aint white.

joho,thanks for recommendation.it's not that i dont want to approach kenneth.it's that i want to get brands like elinchrome or bowens.so not very nice to approach him and in the end i dont buy the jinbei brand.

stereobox,u referring to my home studio?open house?how can?it's my ROOM u know?aiyo!

will,of course i know it's the location lah.you are not like ortega the humsup loe.
    (ort:kiddin ya?)

http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/?p=2
    http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/?p=3
    http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/specialoffers/?p=3

guys, what's the difference in the 3 sets other than wattage difference?

and for the last 2, what's the main difference between FX and BX strobes?

and what's a portalite?is it a softbox?

JeanieA lot depends on what you want to do and how much experience you have with the lights. For example an experienced hand ( I do not at this moment fall into this cat but someday soon) can set up lighting for a family group in 5 minutes and hit 95% accuraccy to a specififed for f stop point (ie the shot has to go on 8.5 fstop). If you plan to go Bowens or Elinchrome be prepared to fork out some where in region of 4K and above once you count in light stands, back drop stands, back drops, light meter is optional but still good to have if u know to work it. This would be for roughly lights in the 500/600 watts range for a 1000 watter be prepare to spend from 7.5K upwards.U need to ask yourself what are planning to do....or else some day we will find you advertising in either for sale or studio lights for rental. I would suggest that you rent a studio to work with until you know you need one. At about $160 for 4 hours it lets you try first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    JeanieA lot depends on what you want to do and how much experience you have with the lights. For example an experienced hand ( I do not at this moment fall into this cat but someday soon) can set up lighting for a family group in 5 minutes and hit 95% accuraccy to a specififed for f stop point (ie the shot has to go on 8.5 fstop). If you plan to go Bowens or Elinchrome be prepared to fork out some where in region of 4K and above once you count in light stands, back drop stands, back drops, light meter is optional but still good to have if u know to work it. This would be for roughly lights in the 500/600 watts range for a 1000 watter be prepare to spend from 7.5K upwards.U need to ask yourself what are planning to do....or else some day we will find you advertising in either for sale or studio lights for rental. I would suggest that you rent a studio to work with until you know you need one. At about $160 for 4 hours it lets you try first.
    the best advice yet

use the money to bring me to japan for tfcd
    and rent a studio as and when you need to play with tools

btw the humsap one is you Jeanie, "play with your tool" "condoms"
    but that is just the way i like it

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ...btw the humsap one is you Jeanie, "play with your tool" "condoms"
    but that is just the way i like it
    Shouldn't you ask her,

"What a nice gal like U doing in CS?"

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    btw the humsap one is you Jeanie,
    haha ......
    you are too bored with living? looking for an early exit?
    Last edited by Canonised; 8th November 2006 at 12:49 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast