Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 287

Thread: Need advise on dry cabinet

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Thanks. will try that.
    One more thing does it make a difference when your aircon is on or off?
    Humidity in your room is lower when aircond is on. But, your dry cab should not affected too much (maybe different only 1%RH). Similar thing like when rainy day, humidity is high.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  2. #202

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Humidity in your room is lower when aircond is on. But, your dry cab should not affected too much (maybe different only 1%RH). Similar thing like when rainy day, humidity is high.

    Regards,
    Arto.

    Ok thanks

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Thanks. will try that.
    One more thing does it make a difference when your aircon is on or off?
    I noticed that when my air-con is on, the RH will drop a few %.

  4. #204

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I noticed that when my air-con is on, the RH will drop a few %.

    You re right... I notice that too.. it can drop about 4-5 RH...

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    You re right... I notice that too.. it can drop about 4-5 RH...
    Yes, dunno if this also affects those Pro DHC series. But after the air-con is turned off, it will gradually go back to normal RH as set.

  6. #206

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Yes, dunno if this also affects those Pro DHC series. But after the air-con is turned off, it will gradually go back to normal RH as set.
    I am not sure either..mine I set to 47 RH so far... later when the aircon is on it can go down to about 42.
    Really no idea.. my guess is if it just go within the range I think should be alright. As long as the range didn't go down or up too drastic..

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    I am not sure either..mine I set to 47 RH so far... later when the aircon is on it can go down to about 42.
    Really no idea.. my guess is if it just go within the range I think should be alright. As long as the range didn't go down or up too drastic..
    Mine was 48%. After this morning when i turned off the air-con, it was 44%. The RH will only go up drastically when u leave the door open for too long, then the red light on the dehumidifying unit will light up again.

  8. #208

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Mine was 48%. After this morning when i turned off the air-con, it was 44%. The RH will only go up drastically when u leave the door open for too long, then the red light on the dehumidifying unit will light up again.

    Since yesterday with and without aircon stabilised at 48-49 HR. Didn't open the door at all.

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Since yesterday with and without aircon stabilised at 48-49 HR. Didn't open the door at all.
    Mine also but depending on surrounding conditions. Mine usually fall a bit when air-con is on.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #210

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Mine also but depending on surrounding conditions. Mine usually fall a bit when air-con is on.

    If it falls within the range I think it should be fine..

  11. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    If it falls within the range I think it should be fine..
    Sometimes it falls to 44% or 41%.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  12. #212

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Sometimes it falls to 44% or 41%.

    I think will try to keep the range within 45-50HR... I don't want it to low either .. coz I am afraid it will spoil the lense..etc... Like these two days the weather been quite cool.. it went to to 50HR.. usually around 47-49...

  13. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Need advise on dry cabinet

    40-50% RH should be ok for photography gears as it is recommended by supplier.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  14. #214

    Default Re: Need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    40-50% RH should be ok for photography gears as it is recommended by supplier.

    Regards,
    Arto.

    Thanks

  15. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    I think will try to keep the range within 45-50HR... I don't want it to low either .. coz I am afraid it will spoil the lense..etc... Like these two days the weather been quite cool.. it went to to 50HR.. usually around 47-49...
    True...But my RH now never fell below 40% unlike initially when i first got my cabinet.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #216

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    True...But my RH now never fell below 40% unlike initially when i first got my cabinet.
    Did you turn the button or open the door?
    For mine is quite constant so far.

  17. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Did you turn the button or open the door?
    For mine is quite constant so far.
    Now more or less stabilised already so no turning of the knob. I do open the door everyday to take out and put back my blower cos everything's stored inside the cabinet. But opening increases the RH.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  18. #218
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Need advise on dry cabinet

    Is there a minimum distance which must be maintained between the wall and the sides of the dry cabinet (incl the top)? Don't tell me that the front door must have enough distance to open
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  19. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Need advise on dry cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    Is there a minimum distance which must be maintained between the wall and the sides of the dry cabinet (incl the top)? Don't tell me that the front door must have enough distance to open
    It is not necessary to give distance as the dehumidifier unit doesn't produce much heat. But, if space allowed, give distance to the back.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  20. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Need advise on dry cabinet

    There enough space for ventilation on all sides of my cabinet (other than the bottom lah).
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •