Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex needs service?

Default Rolex needs service?

If I have a 1999 Rolex GMT Master which has been kept in the bank vault for the last 4 years and only now taken out and used. Would I need to send it for servicing or anything? It runs fine and all, but I don't think its been serviced since it was purchased in 1999.

If yes, what's the average service cost I'll be expecting when I bring it to Rolex (don't wanna get a heart attack there). Thx

Default Re: Rolex needs service?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    If I have a 1999 Rolex GMT Master which has been kept in the bank vault for the last 4 years and only now taken out and used. Would I need to send it for servicing or anything? It runs fine and all, but I don't think its been serviced since it was purchased in 1999.

If yes, what's the average service cost I'll be expecting when I bring it to Rolex (don't wanna get a heart attack there). Thx
    Rolex, needs to be service about every 4-5 years, bring it to them, they will quote you before they do any servicing. cost dependant on what is not working
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Rolex, needs to be service about every 4-5 years, bring it to them, they will quote you before they do any servicing. cost dependant on what is not working
    Everything is working fine. Thought maybe needs oiling to to check the watertight seals etc...

Everything is working fine. Thought maybe needs oiling to to check the watertight seals etc...
    well, better to have it checked at rolex house, better safe than sorry.

Either you have a GMT master or you don't... there's no "if" about it.

depends on wut r the areas needed technical attention... i had my submariner serviced last yr change of o'rings, polishing (exterior), movement lubrication and calibration.. all in all totals up to 380..

Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    depends on wut r the areas needed technical attention... i had my submariner serviced last yr change of o'rings, polishing (exterior), movement lubrication and calibration.. all in all totals up to 380..
    Ya, just called up the service center.. told me $300+ MINIMUM... geez, can buy a new watch already

Ya, just called up the service center.. told me $300+ MINIMUM... geez, can buy a new watch already
    OK, .....I give you $400, you give me your rolex...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    OK, .....I give you $400, you give me your rolex...
    Obviously I wasn't talking about a Rolex

not only Rolex need service, all mechanical watches need service ...as for time frame, is up to u if if still keep good time, then just leave it..but it is better to wear it more freq if possible rather then keep it. all mechanical gear, spring need to excise...

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    not only Rolex need service, all mechanical watches need service ...as for time frame, is up to u if if still keep good time, then just leave it..but it is better to wear it more freq if possible rather then keep it. all mechanical gear, spring need to excise...
    Point noted, thanks. The manual says every 18 months need to send it (which is pretty extreme), but Rolex service center said maybe every 7-8 years if got no problems for mechanical watches. Since its been close to 8 years, maybe I'll send it in next month or so.

A call to both Malaysia and Singapore's Rolex service centres showed not much difference in price, i.e. SGD$300+ vs. RM600+ at the minimum

Obviously I wasn't talking about a Rolex
    Aaawwww...it was a good deal...

that is about the standard normal service charges. keke

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    that is about the standard normal service charges. keke
    Sian... took it to the service center just now... the damage is $440

They saw a *tiny* nick on the bezel, told me it cost $51 to replace the bezel.. I said no thanks, I can live with the nick

Sian... took it to the service center just now... the damage is $440

They saw a *tiny* nick on the bezel, told me it cost $51 to replace the bezel.. I said no thanks, I can live with the nick
    only $51 to replace gmt master's bezel? ... plastic one izt.. ? i think you mean the sticker (which indicate 12 hours) that's on it lar...

Quote Originally Posted by DT_ View Post
    only $51 to replace gmt master's bezel? ... plastic one izt.. ? i think you mean the sticker (which indicate 12 hours) that's on it lar...
    Ya you're right, not bezel but bezel face..hahah... they told me my bezel is dented slightly, I said never mind, I don't notice it

normally, abt 4 years to 5 years to service mechanical watches...but if u swim/dive with it.

make it 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    normally, abt 4 years to 5 years to service mechanical watches...but if u swim/dive with it.

make it 3 years.
    I know people who don't service their Rolex for 20-30 years, and its still going strong. For me, I think I'll do it every 10 years as long as its running fine.

I know people who don't service their Rolex for 20-30 years, and its still going strong. For me, I think I'll do it every 10 years as long as its running fine.
    den y bother with the service tis time?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    den y bother with the service tis time?
    Well, its been 7 years since it was purchased, and it spent the last 5 years sitting in a safe deposit box unused. So thought better get it serviced since it will be used regularly from now on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast