Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Condensation

Default Re: Condesation

Quote Originally Posted by wanzw View Post
    i dun have electrical contacts, so dun care.

imagine one precious L lens has WATER droplets INSIDE the lens element, all thanks to harsh nature.
    tsk. and i believe your eyes were also "condensing" too when you saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    tsk. and i believe your eyes were also "condensing" too when you saw that.
    dun have leh. my glasses wun condense when i leave sls. my equipment does! wtf.
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

dun have leh. my glasses wun condense when i leave sls. my equipment does! wtf.
    ok. i actually meant crying...... but nvm

Coleman makes a cloth version of the ice-box and it is foldable. Maybe you can use this instead of the plastic ice-box. I used it for my reservist to keep our drinks cold for 1.5 days when we are in the field. I got it at Carrefour.

Wah, so cold, you don't need dry-cab for your photography gear as the humidity should be low in SLS .

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    When bringing your bag out from a cold environment to the warm weather outside, don't pull your camera equipment out of the camera bag straight away. Unzip your bag, but don't open it up. Leave it a while for the bag and camera gear to slowly warm up. That will help to reduce chances of condensation forming.
    I second of that.

Regards,
    Arto.

Default Re: Condensation

does condensation happen even with a dry box?

Quote Originally Posted by jewemi View Post
    does condensation happen even with a dry box?
    Dry box only lower humidity inside. When it stay quite long in cold place, inside the dry box also will cold (as cold as environment temp). Condensation happen when you take out your camera from cold place to hot place. IMHO, dry cab will not prevent condensation. It is as good as camera bag.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Dry box only lower humidity inside. When it stay quite long in cold place, inside the dry box also will cold (as cold as environment temp). Condensation happen when you take out your camera from cold place to hot place. IMHO, dry cab will not prevent condensation. It is as good as camera bag.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Thx Arto.

I have heard of a vacuum box from CP (if i remember correctly) I guess it would be the same inside a vacuum box huh...

Quote Originally Posted by jewemi View Post
    Thx Arto.

I have heard of a vacuum box from CP (if i remember correctly) I guess it would be the same inside a vacuum box huh...
    I believe temperature in vacuum box will be like dry-box or camera bag. Unless, the box that using thermos construction that will prevent (or reducing) thermal transfer. Imagine, how big is the thermos to keep the camera and lenses .

Regards,
    Arto.

ok so next weekend i shall try out suggestions posted here. walk out from building and then leave zip open and see how ba

thanks a lot!
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

ok so next weekend i shall try out suggestions posted here. walk out from building and then leave zip open and see how ba

thanks a lot!
    i still got one more suggestion. if you got go overseas next time, but one of those heating blankets. i think you know what to do from that onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    When bringing your bag out from a cold environment to the warm weather outside, don't pull your camera equipment out of the camera bag straight away. Unzip your bag, but don't open it up. Leave it a while for the bag and camera gear to slowly warm up. That will help to reduce chances of condensation forming.
    Do not wish to be rude but will doing this help?by not taking it out, the camera will still be condensing inside the bag right?just that you only take it out after the condensing has disappeared..(you dun see it but it is still happening...)

by the way, do you guys face this problem if you bring your camera overseas as well?like in those cooler countries..condensation will also take place right?

anyone experience it..?care to share your experience/how you overcame it..

Quote Originally Posted by tanjonhan View Post
    by the way, do you guys face this problem if you bring your camera overseas as well?like in those cooler countries..condensation will also take place right?

anyone experience it..?care to share your experience/how you overcame it..
    i seldom experience such problems(never actually), cos cold countries already very dry, nothing to condense. even when i bring my cam from the cold outdoors to the warm indoors, the cam never gets wet.

cold countries no problem. because the country is cold itself in the first place. so the RH value will be the same throughout.

but then for singapore is quite crap. the RH value indoor is significantly lower than outside. so coming out of cold buildings will deinitely make any glass condense. your glasses as well.
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12