Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

  1. #21

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Hello,
    Just curious - any Mac users are having this discoloration problem?

    Regards,
    {Mich}

  2. #22

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103 View Post
    Hello,
    Just curious - any Mac users are having this discoloration problem?

    Regards,
    {Mich}
    nope, but than again i've only had my mbp for a week+ ..

    since im planning to get apple care within 1 year, im not worried about the discolouration. apple has a fantastic return policy.

    im pretty sure they've fixed the discolouration issues already.

  3. #23
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    It happens cos the user never take care of their MacBooks lah, get a radtech screensavrz at the same time use it to cover the wrists area when you use the Macbook lor. Get all the protection you can, keyboard cover, screen protector, IO port cover, STM rebound etc.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Nope. No discolouration problems. Keep your hands clean. If you use the Macbook with sweaty, sticky wrists, it will get dirty. Just use a moist clean cloth to wipe weekly. It'll do.

    I don't have anti-virus running constantly, and there are no viruses so far.
    Just switch on automatic updates to keep your Mac safe.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    editing photos?

    if you are using Adobe Photoshop, forget about the current line of MacBooks. there isn't support for IntelMacs yet.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    If the mac book book pro is using intel core 2 chips but running Tiger OS, can windows application be installed?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  7. #27

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    editing photos?

    if you are using Adobe Photoshop, forget about the current line of MacBooks. there isn't support for IntelMacs yet.


    really?

    so i must be dreaming when im running photoshop on my mbp now huh .. interesting ...

    oh well .. its a good dream tho .. i think i'll continue on with it

  8. #28
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    editing photos?

    if you are using Adobe Photoshop, forget about the current line of MacBooks. there isn't support for IntelMacs yet.
    Issit??? Wow... wonder what are those little feather icons doing on the Macs I've been seeing.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    If the mac book book pro is using intel core 2 chips but running Tiger OS, can windows application be installed?
    No.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty View Post
    really?

    so i must be dreaming when im running photoshop on my mbp now huh .. interesting ...

    oh well .. its a good dream tho .. i think i'll continue on with it
    yes, yes! please wake up and read the words carefully "Support". wah lau. trying to be sarcastic right?

    no support doesn't mean cannot run.

    the reason why photoshop can run on current intel-based macs is because of the 'translation' tool Rosetta. photoshop slows to a crawl when handling certain files on my company mbp where they usually breeze by on the powerpc iMac.
    Last edited by Stereobox; 7th November 2006 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    yes, yes! please wake up and read the words carefully "Support". wah lau. trying to be sarcastic right?

    no support doesn't mean cannot run.

    the reason why photoshop can run on current intel-based macs is because of the 'translation' tool Rosetta. photoshop slows to a crawl when handling certain files on my company mbp where they usually breeze by on the powerpc iMac.


    i wouldnt call it a crawl... but its fast enough for the normal/light stuff i do in photoshop eg filters/layers/curves

    plus there is always aperture

    having said that, im sure you will take a core2duo mbp over a powerbook g4 anyday

    but you are right, you'll hvae to wait till cs3 comes out before photoshop becomes universal.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    If the mac book book pro is using intel core 2 chips but running Tiger OS, can windows application be installed?

    http://www.parallels.com/

  12. #32

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    5. I know this sounds silly but I have friends who tell me that Macbooks also suffer from virus attacks exactly the same like PC, and the so-called "truth" is actually just a marketing gimmick. Because I am very tired of virus attacks that I encounter every year, the ability to cut down virus attacks is one of the main issues I am looking at if I should buy a Macbook.

    Only thing I can advise u is this... DO NOT install boot camp and Windows OS on ur macbook. it screws everything up... well.. that's wat happened to a fren of mine.. more importantly, if i didn't rmb wrongly.. the warranty will be voided should anything happen to ur laptop after u installed windows... running windows makes ur laptop vulnerable to windows-based viruses n such (if im not wrong)... hope my reply helps cos im a noob MBP user..

  13. #33

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    But Macbook is still consider expensive!
    And are you sure you are getting a Macbook???

    "Apple admits to MacBook discoloration issues

    It was recently reported by certain Apple MacBook users that their white MacBooks were becoming a grungy dirt color faster than you would expect on the wrist rest and touchpad areas. Initially Apple claimed this was due to users not properly taking care of their products. However, according to website Softpedia.com, Apple has now admitted some MacBook notebooks have manufacturing issues with the plastic and users should contact Apple Care via the www.apple.com website in order to resolve their issues.
    "

    Im using a silver MBP so no such problems for me.. yet. But a couple of my frens using iBooks are facing this problem now... dunno if it's discolouration or their laptops dirty though.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    editing photos?

    if you are using Adobe Photoshop, forget about the current line of MacBooks. there isn't support for IntelMacs yet.
    er... Im using Photoshop CS now.. no such problems.. using the mac version though..

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  16. #36

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    5. I know this sounds silly but I have friends who tell me that Macbooks also suffer from virus attacks exactly the same like PC, and the so-called "truth" is actually just a marketing gimmick. Because I am very tired of virus attacks that I encounter every year, the ability to cut down virus attacks is one of the main issues I am looking at if I should buy a Macbook.

    Only thing I can advise u is this... DO NOT install boot camp and Windows OS on ur macbook. it screws everything up... well.. that's wat happened to a fren of mine.. more importantly, if i didn't rmb wrongly.. the warranty will be voided should anything happen to ur laptop after u installed windows... running windows makes ur laptop vulnerable to windows-based viruses n such (if im not wrong)... hope my reply helps cos im a noob MBP user..
    what are you talking about? boot camp can be downloaded from apple.com .. .how can apple void the warrenty of a program that they are providing?

    yes running windows makes your computer vulnerable to virus but if the virus will only affect your windows partition of the mac.

    i dont know any viruses out there for mac's .. with about 5% market share of the entire computer world, the cost benefit ratio of designing a virus is not there for mac's.

    why do you think there isnt anti-virus software for macs? cuz we dont need them. (Im generalizing here but you get the idea.)

  17. #37

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty View Post
    what are you talking about? boot camp can be downloaded from apple.com .. .how can apple void the warrenty of a program that they are providing?

    yes running windows makes your computer vulnerable to virus but if the virus will only affect your windows partition of the mac.

    i dont know any viruses out there for mac's .. with about 5% market share of the entire computer world, the cost benefit ratio of designing a virus is not there for mac's.

    why do you think there isnt anti-virus software for macs? cuz we dont need them. (Im generalizing here but you get the idea.)
    Hi Guys,
    I really value all these feedback, which is very, very informative for me.

    Just curious - what is Windows partition? I heard some of my friends talking about it before but I have absolutely no clue what isizt all about.

    Another question - the salesman at Wheelock advised me that to extend the battery life of the Macbook, if I am using power supply, he recommended it is better to take out the battery. I was wondering if by doing so, will it "overstrain" the Macbook or do any longterm damage to the system?

    Thanks again for the feedback!

  18. #38
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    It's a partition lor... like the name suggests. A partition. Don't worry lah, you won't want to install stupid windoze after using Mac lor.

    Don't bother about taking out the battery lah, just use can liao. Don't need to think so much.

    Did he tell you, if you remove the battery, running on the PSU alone, your processor will run at max 1Ghz?

    Leave the battery in lah, won't so easy spoil one.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    if you are getting the macbook to do photoediting, forget it. you need to upgrad the ram to 2GB at $400 plus.

    It doesn't makwe sense, my old 5 year old P4 1.2 Ghz PC can run faster than my Macbook dualcore 1.8Ghz. with the same 512 Mb ram.

    Get the high end ones if you want to use Mac. I regret getting my Macbook. I had tried to learn as much as i can in using my mac but last night its hangs when i open 2 MSN windows only..

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: Dunno about Macbooks, HELP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I had tried to learn as much as i can in using my mac but last night its hangs when i open 2 MSN windows only..
    That doesn't sound normal. I'm using a 867MHz Powerbook G4 with 640MB RAM and I can open many MSN windows without much lag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •