Thread: More questions about the army

Default More questions about the army

well not so much about how the army operates...

wondering if i'm the only one but seems like ever since i entered bslc, my skin has been itching like hell..not sure if it's the bed bugs or the mosquitoes or a combination of those two factors and something else....anyone kenna this kind of thing before and idea how i can IA it? (and yes i do wash my uniform and i DO bathe)

bloody army...first go tekong get cough..now go plc start scratching
    Last edited by agentmonkey; 4th November 2006 at 08:14 PM.

Default Re: more questions about the army

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post

wondering if i'm the only one but seems like ever since i entered bslc, my skin has been itching like hell..not sure if it's the bed bugs or the mosquitoes or a combination of those two factors and something else....anyone kenna this kind of thing before and idea how i can IA it? (and yes i do wash my uniform and i DO bathe)

Heat rash? Where are the trouble spots? Best is to go A&E before you book in and get some cream to sooth the itch

u might want to report sick and seek MO's opinion? U might have some skin allergies which might end up getting u non-combat fit...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

i think it is very common.. it itches like mad and feel like there's a thousand needles poking you, scratching it makes a burning sensation and the only cure is the whack it constantly?
    prickly heat helps but only for like 3minutes. Seeing the MO is of no use because by the time you reach the MO there's no symtomps to show and they'll suspect your for malingering.

If you fit the above description? then I guess you're normal. Half my platoon suffer from it and yet nobody knows what it is and there not report sick for it. Because the brave few who did got some "special attention" when then came back with "Attend A" status and no medication.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

yeah man..something like that..scratching doesn't help at all... the ironic..and possibly fotunate thing is..i don't feel it outfield... but felt it like crazy during lecture yesterday morning... argh..so there's not much of a cure to it? keeps me awake at night in bunk...

ok i give u one recommendation..
    do u have the white powder? u know the one ppl call "snake powder" in chinese?

Go and apply it onto ur body(back and front), ur hand, ur neck, ur leg before u sleep... the powder helps in relieving the itchiness tremendously..

i also suffered this last time when i still need to do army..

and by the way, I think the most possible reason for ur burning scratching sensation is the sun burn..
    you might not notice u get sunburn becos u go outfield everyday and the new skin that grows out also become burned..and when u go outfield that time, u sweat a lot and it helps to moisturize the skin..thats y u never feel so pain..

i think the back of ur neck very pain rite?
    Last edited by kcuf2; 5th November 2006 at 02:26 AM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    ok i give u one recommendation..
    do u have the white powder? u know the one ppl call "snake powder" in chinese?

Go and apply it onto ur body(back and front), ur hand, ur neck, ur leg before u sleep... the powder helps in relieving the itchiness tremendously..

i also suffered this last time when i still need to do army..
    yes, prickly heat powder is effective. try

Report sick

Arrow Re: more questions about the army

You best option is to consult your unit MO or see a GP doctor.

HTH.

might it be stress related?

Apply the Prickly heat powder all over your body everytime u finished bathing. I did this in my NS time and theres no such issues happened to me. Apply onto your foot too, to reduce the chances of footrot.

enjoy the army...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

hey thanks for the advice guys..will try the prickly heat...probably won't be reporting to mo though...course going to finish already and i've got my summary excercises and a couple of other major events these two weeks to finish...

itch isn't so bad now at home...doubt it's sunburn since it's been pretty cloudy/rainy these couple of days...

Just report sick!
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Hey always put powder in your socks, especially days which you'll be going outfield.
    This is to prevent moisture which invites the growth of fungus on your feet that ultimately results foot rot (yeah, not funny, and pretty much smelly and disgusting)

I've nv had footrot coz I guess I've been pretty strict with my feet being dry with powder. And putting prickly heat in your socks can be quite "shiok" too!

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post

When I was in tekong, I got mild puemonia... Due to the excessive heat... Repot sick at the medical centre but fever wont go away for 3 days, finally booked out to New Changi Hospital then stay there for 1 week and got better.

I think seeking a MO opinion is important for your case...