Thread: Catwalk *wink*

Default Catwalk *wink*

Well, second attempt today with my secondhand dslr after someone's coaching

Hereby name the photo "Catwalk" :P
    Last edited by brenton; 4th November 2006 at 01:07 AM.

Default Re: Catwalk *wink*

i'm not a fan of the through-the-fence shooting thing. i also feel there's too much background in the frame. maybe if the cat was walking along that handrail or something and u got a closer front angle shot with the concentration on its face or something.
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

2nd attempt at what?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_1337 View Post
    i'm not a fan of the through-the-fence shooting thing. i also feel there's too much background in the frame. maybe if the cat was walking along that handrail or something and u got a closer front angle shot with the concentration on its face or something.
    hmmm well, i will try..thanks, i always have too many distractions in my pics...must try to correct that.. thanks for you comment

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    2nd attempt at what?
    Second attempt with photography with my second hand dslr

I wonder if black and white will look better??? Just scare that the black cat will appear to merge with the background only...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Fence lines are too mesy for me and are a real distraction. Perhaps if you wanted to tell a story that needed to show how that cat was trapped or cut off then maybe it might work. The cat itself dosent really seem eye catching as the glare form the sun also distracts quite a bit.

I cna tell you are trying to tell a stroy ehre but the picture dosent seem to have the mood or composition to say it.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

May I ask where is this place?

Well Well.... I did hunt for a while b4 i spot the cat.. I guess maybe a little underexpose?
    Or maybe your exposure is taken at the wrong spot.. But I love the composition... hahaha
    Nikon D300s, Fuji F100fd
    Tamron 17- 50 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I wonder if black and white will look better??? Just scare that the black cat will appear to merge with the background only...
    Youhong: Hmmm did what you suggested and it actually appears nicer for what i think...The distracting green fence lines are gone, cat is more prominent

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    May I ask where is this place?
    Redstone: Ermmm Changi....near the market there, is it the changi ferry terminal? Think so..

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Fence lines are too mesy for me and are a real distraction. Perhaps if you wanted to tell a story that needed to show how that cat was trapped or cut off then maybe it might work. The cat itself dosent really seem eye catching as the glare form the sun also distracts quite a bit.

I cna tell you are trying to tell a stroy ehre but the picture dosent seem to have the mood or composition to say it.
    raptor84: Pardon me for my lack of skills, still trying to figure out how to use a DSLR, but these few days i had been practising

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Sheep View Post
    Well Well.... I did hunt for a while b4 i spot the cat.. I guess maybe a little underexpose?
    Or maybe your exposure is taken at the wrong spot.. But I love the composition... hahaha
    Stray Sheep: Thanks for your comment, i will work harder to produce better pics!!

Photography is fun!

I'm a newbie too.. i'm just expressing my view, hope that wont hurt ya feeelings.. We'll work harder together!!

Quote Originally Posted by brenton View Post
    Stray Sheep: Thanks for your comment, i will work harder to produce better pics!!

Photography is fun!
    Nikon D300s, Fuji F100fd
    Tamron 17- 50 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by brenton View Post
    Youhong: Hmmm did what you suggested and it actually appears nicer for what i think...The distracting green fence lines are gone, cat is more prominent

Nice effort, I would prefer the black and white one, doesn't look too distracting.
    However, probably the composition could be better, cos the cat is too near to the blur line of the fence, it could be better if there is a big gap between them.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by hongwei View Post
    Nice effort, I would prefer the black and white one, doesn't look too distracting.
    However, probably the composition could be better, cos the cat is too near to the blur line of the fence, it could be better if there is a big gap between them.

IMHO
    hmm comment noted..will try to do better..
    can't wait for my next outing