Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Hi There,

    First off, we apologise for the short notice, this post is for an outdoor model shoot organized by Monish Punekar, Mytikas. For those whose time permit, here're the details. Just a reminder sms Marlboro_Guy at 93681053 to confirm attendance. This shoot is open to photographers using any make or brand of camera.


    The Model : Qi Wen

    Date: 04 November 06 (Saturday)
    Time: 9:00am to 11:30am (Half n hour break in between)
    Theme: Two Evening Dresses..
    Cost: S$40.00 each (Intro Offer)
    Ratio: 5 Photographers to 1 Model
    Location: Will be disclosed to participating photographers only

    Handy equipment required: Flash to fill-in if you have any. A Gold, Silver, White & Black reflector along with a Light Diffuser will be provided.

    Each photographer gets 15mins to guide the model with his/her own pose. This does not stop others from shooting during the session, but just a small rule so that every member gets his/her own chance. Those who are new to this session pls feel free to ask and guidance will be provided.

    To book the session, pls sms 93681053 your Nick, Real Name. Reply with payment details will follow.

    Points to Note :
    Model along with the photographers will be required to sign-up a Model Release form, by which either party can use the portfolio for non-commercial purpose (i.e. display on their personal website, exhibitions but cannot sell the images for Stock, or any other commercial advertisement, etc). For those requesting to use the portfolio for commercial reasons will be required to sign up another Model Release form & pay the copyright charges to the Model for it. Pls feel free to PM OR call 93681053 for more details on commercial agreement.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The organizer reserves the right to postpone, cancel this photo shoot if the minimum number of participants are not reached. Model is subject to availability and change.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Thank you for your attention.

    Cheers,

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by chancy View Post
    Model along with the photographers will be required to sign-up a Model Release form, by which either party can use the portfolio for non-commercial purpose (i.e. display on their personal website, exhibitions but cannot sell the images for Stock, or any other commercial advertisement, etc).
    Hi, you mean to say, photographers have to give photos to the model too?
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  3. #3

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Wait a minute. Photographers are paying to shoot the model and yet they still need to sign a model release which allows the model to have a copy? Isn't that supposed to be for TFCD/TFP shoots?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Hi, you mean to say, photographers have to give photos to the model too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Wait a minute. Photographers are paying to shoot the model and yet they still need to sign a model release which allows the model to have a copy? Isn't that supposed to be for TFCD/TFP shoots?
    For model to expect copies of the images/prints from a paid shoot is asking too much. Personally, I do not mind giving the model copies if I feel like it. However, to expect to receive copies is out of line.

    hmmm ... new trends? As CS photog to pay to shoot, then ask CS photog to give prints for portfolio, what a deal. OMG, CS photogs are once again, taken to the cleaners.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Lets just wait for organiser's reply. Maybe its just a typo.

    I do sometimes send a photo or 2 in other paid shoot if I feel I am comfortable with it.
    But if really have to submit CD...
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  6. #6
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Maybe the model wants the photos for her portfolio bah. Or for her to show to model agencies.

    If she dun mnd all my photos are overexposed, hair messy, white balance all haywire, lousy composition and stuff. . take it !

    looks like some JC or poly gal
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  7. #7

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Maybe the model wants the photos for her portfolio bah. Or for her to show to model agencies.

    If she dun mnd all my photos are overexposed, hair messy, white balance all haywire, lousy composition and stuff. . take it !

    looks like some JC or poly gal
    But then, isn't that normally done with TFCD/TFP?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    think my "ang moh" damn lousy..i read 3 times oso didn't get any hint that we have to pass the CD or prints to the model..its onli saying abt the agreement that the photos will not be use for commercial purpose other than as personal portfolio..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    think my "ang moh" damn lousy..i read 3 times oso didn't get any hint that we have to pass the CD or prints to the model..its onli saying abt the agreement that the photos will not be use for commercial purpose other than as personal portfolio..
    Never read my quote, the sentence "either party can use the portfolio".
    "either party" will refer to photographer & model.
    So for model to use photos as portfolio, I asked organiser if we have to give photos to model or not.

    P.S. Never mean to start a fire in here.
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  10. #10
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Never read my quote, the sentence "either party can use the portfolio".
    "either party" will refer to photographer & model.
    So for model to use photos as portfolio, I asked organiser if we have to give photos to model or not.

    P.S. Never mean to start a fire in here.
    Sorry..my "ang moh" lousy..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Hello,

    Just to clarify, this post is put up on behalf of Monish who does not have internet access during work hours to post nor reply your queries promptly.

    I think it would be appropriate for the interested party to use the provided contact number 93681053 to speak with or sms Monish, who would be in the best position to explain.

    Sorry if the wording of terms has brought on some confusion.

    Cheers,

  12. #12

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    First of all very much sorry for all the confusion I have created. My friend unaware of the situation was called in for last min help as I am short of two photographers.

    The reason we arranged this session was more for photographers to get together & to enjoy, and hence the quoted price. Since last few months from my experience I noticed that due to non-availability of Model Release Document, the photographers work does not get published for his own personal advertisement or even during sponsorship of their very own exhibitions. Now this might not be true for all, but just a few things that I noticed.

    Anywayz, to clear all the doubts, i.e. queries from our CS friends; Gryphon,
    Klose, Deadpoet, Static, Blazer workz...:

    The model release form is just for the photographer’s freedom to use the pictures for their very own personal usage and as stated other than non-commercial like stock or selling them for advertisement for your profit. If you like to do so, pls also keep the model happy by paying her a small sum & with that by signing up another form, which allows you to use if for any such profitable purpose other than unlawful activities and retain the copyright with yourself.

    For queries related to giving back the photos; of course with copyright marking of your own so that the model does not sell it for her own profit. And reason to ask to give it back would be the low price quoted by the princess and a small token of appreciation. Now this can be either just one photo or any number that you may choose to pass back. Sorry to add this info, but my mind worked a bit differently when I came out with this idea. The only thought that was in my mind was if “she” gets a chance to do some commercial advertisement in the future, she can very much use this copyrighted image to recommend you

    Hope I did clear all your doubts and will be looking forward for a positive reply to fill up two empty slots if possible. Sorry for such a short notice, but you can take it as I am seeking help from CS friends who might be interested in this arrangement. I had the session full but unfortunately some of our friends turned down due to some personal reasons. Pls feel free to call me on 93681053 if you have any more queries.

    Thanking you
    mg

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    so you mean we pay to shoot and pay for to post photo for commerical use???

  14. #14
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    so you mean we pay to shoot and pay for to post photo for commerical use???
    If you use for own portfolio it shouldn't be any problem,
    but if you resell the image for proift, eg for stock images, advertisment, calenders, post card etc, for that, the model release don't cover that.
    all model shoots are having the same term, for this model shoot, asking you to have a release for own portrfolio is to tell you that the model will not go after you if you post the photos for you own portfolio.
    anyway, no photo buyers, advertisers will buy a image to use without a proper model release.

    Lastly, upz for Qi Wen, a great model to work with.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    If you use for own portfolio it shouldn't be any problem,
    but if you resell the image for proift, eg for stock images, advertisment, calenders, post card etc, for that, the model release don't cover that.
    all model shoots are having the same term, for this model shoot, asking you to have a release for own portrfolio is to tell you that the model will not go after you if you post the photos for you own portfolio.
    anyway, no photo buyers, advertisers will buy a image to use without a proper model release.

    Lastly, upz for Qi Wen, a great model to work with.
    haha...understood...

    but its just a shoot for fun...why make it sound so formal...

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    haha...understood...

    but its just a shoot for fun...why make it sound so formal...
    giving you assurance, so you will have peace of mind to use it ask your own portfolio.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17

    Default Re: Outdoor Model Shoot - Qi Wen, 4th Nov 06 (Sat)

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    giving you assurance, so you will have peace of mind to use it ask your own portfolio.
    Thanks Catchlights...

    m still processing the images,hope to share it with all soon....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •