Thread: Where's a good place to get my negatives (35mm) scanned?

Default Where's a good place to get my negatives (35mm) scanned?

Hello all... Not sure which forum to post so I'll post here.
    I recently shot a roll with the Dynax 7, and I've sent the film for develop and scan. Cost me $15 and the results were very bad. (Let's not get into that.)

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a place where I can get high-res (>6mp, 8-10mp preferable) 16-bit TIFF files from 35mm negatives at reasonable price. Can anyone help?

I've asked Kex already but he doesn't do whole-roll processing like last time liao.

Cheers!
    QX

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where's a good place to get my negatives (35mm) scanned?

depends on where u live.... ard town, guess u can try asking colour lab or fotohub. a little further will be KT over at hong lim complex. west, i sent mine to miao laan for developing and scanning.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Hi thanks I live in the east. KT doesn't save TIFF unfortunately, or I'd have gone to them too
    QX

to what i noe the noritsu machines dun save in tiff files? thats y veri hard to find scanning saved in tiff
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
    Hi thanks I live in the east. KT doesn't save TIFF unfortunately, or I'd have gone to them too
    QX
    TIFF? hmm... most shops i've checked offer 8 or 16 bit JPGs, or BMP. haven't come across any shop that does TIFF....

if TIFF, think u must look for shops which offer high-end drum scanning liao.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Hmm.. thought jpeg only came in 8bit? If there's 16bit scanning normally means it's a tiff. any place to recommend?

Thx!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
    Hmm.. thought jpeg only came in 8bit? If there's 16bit scanning normally means it's a tiff. any place to recommend?

Thx!
    no leh. i once ask miao laan to do 16bit scanning for some BnW. they did it in jpg.

Hmm okie thanks I shall KIV. call them tmrw

Cheers
    QX

there's this CSer... Kex, his shop is in bedok north, and does drum scanning of negs. Maybe you can PM him to check. I got a couple of B&W negs scanned by him. Higher res and cheaper than fotohub

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darrelchia View Post
    there's this CSer... Kex, his shop is in bedok north, and does drum scanning of negs. Maybe you can PM him to check. I got a couple of B&W negs scanned by him. Higher res and cheaper than fotohub
    see #1...

I rent my Imacon out if you're interested in doing your own hi speed scans. Email if interested.

Haha thanks for the offer terence. I've gone to kex (boonwei) to scan my pics. =)
    QX