Thread: 360-panorama camera... of a different kind

Blog Entries

Default 360-panorama camera... of a different kind

was doing a search online for some affordable panorama camera, and found this.

http://digital--underground.tripod.com/id9.htm

as they say - it's so crazy, it might work!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Default Re: 360-panorama camera... of a different kind

Haha I guess logically it would work. I know of one software which does 360 pano stiching. I used to fidlle around with it long time ago. Can't seem to find it now. Will let you know if I manage to find it on my hard disk.

actually no nid so ma fan one la..

take 2 DSLRS , place 1 in the front and 1 at the back, both have fish eyes can liao wad...360 view covered... hahahahahaa...

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post

take 2 DSLRS , place 1 in the front and 1 at the back, both have fish eyes can liao wad...360 view covered... hahahahahaa...
    what about distance between the two cameras? there's bound to be a one or two cm gap
    eat. drink. shoot

HAHAHA

Looks like disposable cameras to me. A very fun and novel idea. Thanks for sharing.

Anyway if the user's head is not level, which will be the case anyway, there will be clippings along the horizontals of the top and bottom of the panorama after using a stitcher software. Even a 1 degree tilt is enough to manifest itself.

You cant use normal stitching software to stitch, too much distortion due to parallax errors of images. Best bet is realviz stitcher or remap images within a 3D rendering program.
    Last edited by VR Man; 3rd November 2006 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    what about distance between the two cameras? there's bound to be a one or two cm gap
    then put 3 lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post

It actually has been done before with a modified film camera body using 2 6mm Nikkor Fisheye lens back to back. These fisheyes have a 220 degree coverage. It actually captures backwards! So there is enough overlap to do so. 6mm Fisheye Link

Nikon used to make the FE8 fisheye adapters for their coolpixes, these have 181 degrees coverage. As for your 8mm Nikkor and Peleng, it is only 180 degress.
    Last edited by VR Man; 3rd November 2006 at 01:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbma View Post
    Haha I guess logically it would work. I know of one software which does 360 pano stiching. I used to fidlle around with it long time ago. Can't seem to find it now. Will let you know if I manage to find it on my hard disk.
    tuan, i have the Ulead 360 program. very basic but gets the job done. i shot this in jun this year over at changi beach.

still, would love to get hold of a true pano cam... without busting the bank acct tho...

to glennyong - ...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    tuan, i have the Ulead 360 program. very basic but gets the job done. i shot this in jun this year over at changi beach.

still, would love to get hold of a true pano cam... without busting the bank acct tho...

to glennyong - ...
    Nice dramatic sunset colors

Horizon on the right looks sloping upwards.