Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the actual cost of a HDB flat?

Default Re: What is the actual cost of a HBD flat?

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet View Post
    pay a permium for HDB unless it return is 2-3time of the value

2-3 time return.... gt i wan oso normally nt the case lor... those willing to pay a premium will nt be investment own stay onli ...

that why I hate HDB flat...
    dun buy upgraded one lor... buy direct frm hdb is the best in terms of $ get a 4rm or 5rm sell when mature earn$$$ then buy a smaller unit keep $$$ in pocket

If not buy a private ppty lah... den gt no upgrading problem

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    dun buy upgraded one lor... buy direct frm hdb is the best in terms of $ get a 4rm or 5rm sell when mature earn$$$ then buy a smaller unit keep $$$ in pocket

If not buy a private ppty lah... den gt no upgrading problem
    I hate HDB flats mean, I'll not buy from them too... be it new or upgraded..

I hate HDB flats mean, I'll not buy from them too... be it new or upgraded..
    ok lor ... den where u going to stay?

ok lor ... den where u going to stay?

tot u knew where u wanna stay!

tot u knew where u wanna stay!
    ya lor.. i'm staying there already..

yes .. it is expensive esp for resale flat... i am taking my slow time to look for it.

from mine anaylsis:

House=$$
    $$=security

No House, means no security, no $$.

They keep asking why SG ppl gripe so much, ask ppl to go out and venture more....

WE DON'T DARE TO VENTURE COZ WE SCARED TO LOSE OUR ONLY SECURITY WHICH WE HAVE TO PAY FOR 3/4 OF OUR LIVES. BIZ FAIL, WHO PAY FOR THE ROOF ON MY HEAD?
    Spread the
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    yes .. it is expensive esp for resale flat... i am taking my slow time to look for it.
    If can go direct n gt it frm hdb!

why huh??

why huh??
    u dun like hdb flat but u r staying in one mah...

u dun like hdb flat but u r staying in one mah...
    dunno if it call HDB...

dunno if it call HDB...
    tell me more abt it den i know hdb or nt!

To be on the fair side, think abt it in this way.

1. Pp who lived in developed countries in the city areas like Japan is even worse. Take Tokyo for example. The common pp are staying in houses that are much smaller and much more expensive. That is why Japan expats love to stay in Singapore.

2. Govt has tried ways and means of controlling price of HDB. Before 1997 or 8, the price of the HDB flats are ridiculous. Govt in order to prevent prices from spiraling out of control due to speculative purposes, introduced measures to curb speculation. Since then prices has been more or less quite stable or lesser. That is why I suffered a big loss. Jialat

3. Some pp argue that Govt has to earn money from pp to sustain the ministers pay. Think of it in this way. Singapore Ministers and high officials has high pay so dun need to be corrupt. Other countries (dun need to mention what countries hah) low pay so corruption exist. Biz men who came in from overseas to Singapore know exact cost. Can calculate cut loss pt or expenditure. Biz men go other countries lost money also dunno why die.

4. Some pp also say why ministers must have high pay. They are serving the pp. Difference of opinions. I actually supports the view that ministers shd get pay like CEO. Afterall, Singapore is like a big MNC. Singapore if I am correct is the top 20 richest country in the world. That itself is a super big achievement considering the size of Singapore and lack of natural resources.

5. Revenue generated from sale of hdb flats is to generate more money for the economy. More money means money can be used to support functions like IMF mtgs to raise reputation of Singapore. Reputation improve means more investments in. More investments in means more job. Part of economics leh. BTW this is just one eg only.

Last thing is a disclaimer cause my whole yr is till very much lesser than a minister pay.

tell me more abt it den i know hdb or nt!

i also dunno leh... got staircase one...

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    To be on the fair side, think abt it in this way.

1. Pp who lived in developed countries in the city areas like Japan is even worse. Take Tokyo for example. The common pp are staying in houses that are much smaller and much more expensive. That is why Japan expats love to stay in Singapore.

2. Govt has tried ways and means of controlling price of HDB. Before 1997 or 8, the price of the HDB flats are ridiculous. Govt in order to prevent prices from spiraling out of control due to speculative purposes, introduced measures to curb speculation. Since then prices has been more or less quite stable or lesser. That is why I suffered a big loss. Jialat

3. Some pp argue that Govt has to earn money from pp to sustain the ministers pay. Think of it in this way. Singapore Ministers and high officials has high pay so dun need to be corrupt. Other countries (dun need to mention what countries hah) low pay so corruption exist. Biz men who came in from overseas to Singapore know exact cost. Can calculate cut loss pt or expenditure. Biz men go other countries lost money also dunno why die.

4. Some pp also say why ministers must have high pay. They are serving the pp. Difference of opinions. I actually supports the view that ministers shd get pay like CEO. Afterall, Singapore is like a big MNC. Singapore if I am correct is the top 20 richest country in the world. That itself is a super big achievement considering the size of Singapore and lack of natural resources.

5. Revenue generated from sale of hdb flats is to generate more money for the economy. More money means money can be used to support functions like IMF mtgs to raise reputation of Singapore. Reputation improve means more investments in. More investments in means more job. Part of economics leh. BTW this is just one eg only.

Interesting analysis from a different vantage point. By the way, do u know how much was being spent on ioc and imf? It was quite a fair bit actually and it is great to know that the govt is gunning the country's status to a higher platform. Well at least we know where our gst and erp were channelled to for once.

Back on hdb costing. Any developer can estimate the actual value vs market value. The fluctuations are all relative to market buying power. When sales activities are low, the media will step in to excite the market movements with certain hypes.

The development of new hdb had already reached its saturation point a few years back. The number of quitters, the fewer babies born & the migration of local talents are just some consequences of the soon to be empty nest. With fewer buyers, now they launch themselves onto a higher plane and compete with private developers.

At some point, it does not matter if we have an expensive home or not. We should worry more if we still have a country called our home when Singaporeans are out-numbered.

Home sweet home.

in the past, if you cant pay the hdb loan, you dont get kick out.

now loan is from bank, you cant pay, you get kick in your butt.

saw it in the newspaper recently, but they had it printed as small and as un-noticable as possible.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast