Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

  1. #1

    Default Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    SHOOT WORLD - November 2006

    A GLOBAL FIRST - SHOOT WORLD - The world through your eyes...
    As well as giving you the chance to win prizes, the monthly Shoot Experience competitions are giving us the chance to develop our Big Idea - SHOOT WORLD - a gigantic World Map that captures the culture of every country and celebrates the diversity of our world.

    We are inspiring people from every country in the world to take photographs on a central theme each month. The photos taken will be plotted onto a gigantic world map which will be printed onto the floor of the Association of Photographer's Gallery in London, UK as well as online at www.shootexperience.com

    Imagine walking barefoot over the world, over a geographical collage of photos showing a central theme through the eyes of people everywhere, from Cameroon to Cambodia to Cuba.

    Get involved and Register! We need photos from every country on the planet to produce our map….
    Visit www.shootexperience.com and let's Shoot the World together!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Before u submit , do read the T&C stated on the web here.

    Quote :
    "
    COPYRIGHT
    1 The copyright of all contents on this website is owned by Shoot Experience Ltd. No reproduction or usage of photographs is permitted unless by written agreement.
    2 Participants and are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and commercial purposes.
    3 You must own all copyright to all the photos you submit to a Shoot Experience competition.
    "

  3. #3

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Not being materialistic here..but for all the T&Cs here..the prizes are pathetic..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    Not being materialistic here..but for all the T&Cs here..the prizes are pathetic..
    Yup, they are really pathetic for buying your "rights"

  5. #5

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Another of those cheap tactics to buy your photograph rights...only dumb ass will join

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    end of there
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Do the T&Cs no.1 and no.2 contradict each other? I'm a bit confused...
    (from the site)

    COPYRIGHT
    1 The copyright of all contents on this website is owned by Shoot Experience Ltd. No reproduction or usage of photographs is permitted unless by written agreement.

    2 Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and not for profit purposes. We also ask that you accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes. What we mean by this is - the copyright remains yours - we love your photos and want to do more with them. To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space...
    Canon 30D 100-400mm L IS|Tamron 17-35mm/f2.8-4,28-75mm/f2.8|Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R 35mm/f2.5C

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    长山
    Posts
    340

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Do the T&Cs no.1 and no.2 contradict each other? I'm a bit confused...
    (from the site)

    COPYRIGHT
    1 The copyright of all contents on this website is owned by Shoot Experience Ltd. No reproduction or usage of photographs is permitted unless by written agreement.

    2 Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and not for profit purposes. We also ask that you accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes. What we mean by this is - the copyright remains yours - we love your photos and want to do more with them. To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space...
    I think No. 1 says "website", No. 2 means your work (photographs).

  8. #8

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    total waste of time and effort....

  9. #9
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Not going to waste my time after reading point 2. First, "used by Shoot Experience for non-profit". Then "...accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes.'. Finally "To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space..."

  10. #10

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Hi all,

    Dissappointed to see your negative comments, this is really just meant to be a way of collecting gorgeous photos to create this community inspired world-wide map - there is nothing sinister about it and I can assure you it is not a ploy to cheat you out of your copyright.

    Never mind, this obviously isn't the right market for my quest.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Hannah, do take it in the right spirit, copyright and ownership are very important issues to some if not all, here.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

    Quote Originally Posted by HannahWhite View Post
    Hi all,

    Dissappointed to see your negative comments, this is really just meant to be a way of collecting gorgeous photos to create this community inspired world-wide map - there is nothing sinister about it and I can assure you it is not a ploy to cheat you out of your copyright.

    Never mind, this obviously isn't the right market for my quest.
    Then don't ask for commercial use rights.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •