Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivers Beware!!!

Exclamation Drivers Beware!!!

For those who drive... please take note...

LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company at $34,000 a
    year to take down the licence plate number, make and colour of vehicles
    that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours.

(They are incognito with camera in hands... so don't expect to see a TP, etc)

Note you can get fined $130 for dropping someone off at or near the bus
    stop.

Bus Lane operation hrs :
    7.30 am to 9.30 am and 4.30pm to 7pm (Weekdays)
    7.30 am to 9.30 am & 11.30 am to 2 pm (Saturdays)

LTA has intensified their operations at the following areas:

1) Eunos Link
    2) Hougang Ave 3
    3) Jurong Town Hall Rd
    4) Lorong Chuan
    5) Orchard Rd
    6) Upper Serangoon Rd
    7) Upper Thomson Rd
    8) Yishun Ave 2

Additional spots where speed traps were seen,
    1) PIE towards airport near Toa Payoh exit, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge. 90km/h

2) PIE towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera over at Adam Road flyover. 90km/h

3) Braddell Road after Bishan Junction towards CTE, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge. 60/kmh

4) Queensway towards Bukit Merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before Ridout McDonalds. 60km/h

5) Spot along Upper Bukit Timah Rd towards Woodlands Rd, tripod mounted speed camera under tree after a curve turn - 60km/h.

Fine imposed is $170 and 8 demerit points,

Latest updates from Traffic Police Division

Be careful on the road, It's not cheap.

Price Increase without further notice.

Speeding:
    Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.
    Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.
    Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.
    Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.
    Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.
    Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.

If you want to be hero and fight the court case yourself, and you lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which will add up to your fine. I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.

Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.
    Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.
    Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court+ Vehicle Compounded.
    illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.
    Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.
    Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.
    Phone and Drive = $200 + 12 demerit point + Phone Confiscate.

Do not hold your hp in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or Ear piece.

Drink Driving = Up to $5000 Fine And, or jail Term + License Suspended +Court. For first offence.
    2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.

Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign =$70.
    Fail to Signal when changing lanes = $70.
    Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm =$30.

No Number Plate = $70.
    Obstructed Number Plate = $70.
    Obscured Number Plate = $70.
    Number Plate Of Unapproved Type = $70.

As for Demerit Point system:
    Let's say you have 0 points on 1st January 2005, and you committed The offence of Failing to Put on Seat Belt. So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this will last for 1 Year.

If during this 1 year you have no demerit points offence at all, your 3 demerit points will be gone on 1/1/2006.

But, if during this one year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you committed Another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be extended for another year until 1/1/2007.

Hope this is useful!

Default Re: Drivers Beware!!!

Ouch ...

Thanks for the information

wah better forward....

Still quite OK... just came back from Melbourne where if you exceed 20km/h over limit, say bye bye to your driving license They're really strict on the speeding over there... most of the Asians there drive Evos, 350z's, WRX's, Skylines etc but all going at 60km/h

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Ouch ...

Thanks for the information
    U r welcome! just hope ur pockets will nt get burn easily or for being unaware of the changes!

$34,000 for 6 traffic wardens for 1 year????

Seems like cheap labour, isnt it? ($5666 per warden per year; =$472 per month)

Even if it is just 4.5 hours of work per day (bus lane hours), still very cheap.

Just one day work per warden gonna generate thousands $$$ of fine per day i reckon.

Good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    Still quite OK... just came back from Melbourne where if you exceed 20km/h over limit, say bye bye to your driving license They're really strict on the speeding over there... most of the Asians there drive Evos, 350z's, WRX's, Skylines etc but all going at 60km/h
    Wun they fall alseep wif dat kind of speed? or hours to reach their destination?

Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post

Even if it is just 4.5 hours of work per day (bus lane hours), still very cheap.

Just one day work per warden gonna generate thousands $$$ of fine per day i reckon.

Good deal!
    This implies that the company takes a % of the fine? Performance based incentive?

That's the way to go, man. I hope we can have such laws here. Getting sick and tired of those speedsters on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post

Good deal!
    Cheap... ... maybe they got commission?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Wun they fall alseep wif dat kind of speed? or hours to reach their destination?
    60km/h-70km/h is for most roads in the suburban areas, 80km/h generally for roads linking towns (e.g. Great Ocean Road). 100-110km/h on freeways.

Driving there more relaxing... people aren't always rushing about like drivers here.. they stick to the speed limits and step on the brakes as soon as the lights turn amber (cos many of the red-light cameras there are also speed cameras).

Can you imagine it, you see amber then you step on the gas to make it through, then get 2 fines, one for running a red light and another for speeding? Happened to some of the ppl I know already when they first moved there

I believe the independent contractors for the bus lanes have been active since last year. I used to drop my gf at Lucky Plaza (the drop-off lane inside, not the main road), and once in January saw the guy taking the photos right at the entrance. Mentioned it to my gf, she said "so how?", I replied, well I crossed the bus lane to turn into Lucky Plaza right in front of him, so he will know I'm not abusing it.
    Got the fine a week or so later. I sent the TP an irate letter, asking them (among other things) if I was supposed to install a 'hop' option in my car. That was Feb. I am still waiting for a reply.
    As for the fine for changing lanes without indicating, "Bah, Humbug!" Ever seen it enforced? I'd estimate around 30-50% of drivers don't bother, even in heavy traffic. And probably 5% don't look in the side mirrors, or check their blind spots, when filtering.

Ooch! may have got one this morning. Was hoping it's a Cser shooting a street scene.
    In the bus lane behind a bus turning into Haig Rd (before City Plaza), .
    Wondering if I can talk out of it? Any demerit point for bus lane?
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    For those who drive... please take note...

LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company at $34,000 a
    year to take down the licence plate number, make and colour of vehicles
    that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours.

(They are incognito with camera in hands... so don't expect to see a TP, etc)

Note you can get fined $130 for dropping someone off at or near the bus
    stop.

Bus Lane operation hrs :
    7.30 am to 9.30 am and 4.30pm to 7pm (Weekdays)
    7.30 am to 9.30 am & 11.30 am to 2 pm (Saturdays)

LTA has intensified their operations at the following areas:

1) Eunos Link
    2) Hougang Ave 3
    3) Jurong Town Hall Rd
    4) Lorong Chuan
    5) Orchard Rd
    6) Upper Serangoon Rd
    7) Upper Thomson Rd
    8) Yishun Ave 2

Additional spots where speed traps were seen,
    1) PIE towards airport near Toa Payoh exit, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge. 90km/h

2) PIE towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera over at Adam Road flyover. 90km/h

3) Braddell Road after Bishan Junction towards CTE, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrian overhead bridge. 60/kmh

4) Queensway towards Bukit Merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before Ridout McDonalds. 60km/h

5) Spot along Upper Bukit Timah Rd towards Woodlands Rd, tripod mounted speed camera under tree after a curve turn - 60km/h.

6) Bukit Timah Rd heading towards NP, tripod mounted speed camera on overhead bridge behind Beauty World. (Usually ard 8am-10am. Sometimes can spot them on the overhead bridge before Courts or at the Junction turing to Bukit Timah reserves, outside the church.)

7) AYE towards ECP, hand held speed camera. tripod mounted camera on the overhead bridge near Bukit Merah Bus Interchange.

8) PIE towards Airport, between Aljunied exit and Bedok exit. Tripod mounted speed camera on overhead bridge.

Fine imposed is $170 and 8 demerit points,

Latest updates from Traffic Police Division

Be careful on the road, It's not cheap.

Price Increase without further notice.

Hope this is useful!
    Had added 3 places where I had spotted speed cams. Hope this also helps those driving CSers.
    400D | 17-85mm f4.0-5.6 | 50mm f1.8 | 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 | 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 | 430EXII |
    My Pics

Do we really noe the actual speed we can travel on roads in HDB Estates?
    40Km/Hr -70m/Hr?

Well, I think its all up to the individual officers. Why i said so?

Reason: My dad was caught "speeding" at 60 Km/Hr when he was travelling along Hougang Ave 10.

60 Km/Hr is also speeding?? When there's a 60 Km/Hr signage along the rd?
    400D | 17-85mm f4.0-5.6 | 50mm f1.8 | 55-200mm f4.5-5.6 | 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 | 430EXII |
    My Pics

Quote Originally Posted by match80 View Post
    Do we really noe the actual speed we can travel on roads in HDB Estates?
    40Km/Hr -70m/Hr?

Well, I think its all up to the individual officers. Why i said so?

Reason: My dad was caught "speeding" at 60 Km/Hr when he was travelling along Hougang Ave 10.

60 Km/Hr is also speeding?? When there's a 60 Km/Hr signage along the rd?
    I remember from my basic theory that if there is no posted speed limit, then you should assume the limit to be 50km/h

I remember from my basic theory that if there is no posted speed limit, then you should assume the limit to be 50km/h
    Yar thats correct, but there's a 60 Km/Hr signage along the road. So the limit is 60km/h mah. So driving at 60km/h also consider speeding? Isn't there a +5km/h allowance?
    My Pics

Had added 3 places where I had spotted speed cams. Hope this also helps those driving CSers.
    Another one is along Farrer Road and Adam Road (70km/h)... just kena a month plus back

Yar thats correct, but there's a 60 Km/Hr signage along the road. So the limit is 60km/h mah. So driving at 60km/h also consider speeding? Isn't there a +5km/h allowance?
    Well, then your dad can take a pic of the signboard and sent a nasty letter to the TP.. its a legitimate argument in that case

Just got my letter from post, offence may be compounded for $130 + 4 demerit points. Lornie Road-> Thomson Road, Speed camera on tripod mounted on the pedestrian overhead bridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast