Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: If you have a Death Note....

  1. #41
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    what if i write 'Death' in the Death Note?
    You cannot kill death....btw the item belongs to him.....but I heard there is a way to kill him. . Anybody can enlighten?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    it is a very standard procedure, like what DHL does when you want your mail delivered. but sometimes it differs from different firms, like i remembered there was one which actually does assisination through C4bombs, however i never seen them in action before, so either that firm is spoof, or no one used their service.
    tell me your address & full name...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #43
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    it is a very standard procedure, like what DHL does when you want your mail delivered. but sometimes it differs from different firms, like i remembered there was one which actually does assisination through C4bombs, however i never seen them in action before, so either that firm is spoof, or no one used their service.
    Controlled detonation of explosives in mail is not so simple. Using a handphone to be the device is much easier as it WILL be used next to the head.

    Thru mail, I would prefer to use chemical or biological agents to kill the intended person.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,884

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    First name to write: Osama then Bush
    Last edited by TrailsofLife; 31st October 2006 at 11:26 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8 View Post
    First name to write: Osama then Bush
    no la.. bush first... den osama.... den .... DHL it around the White House and Senate..

  6. #46

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    what if i write 'Death' in the Death Note?
    1st u need to know the death god full name

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    You cannot kill death....btw the item belongs to him.....but I heard there is a way to kill him. . Anybody can enlighten?
    according to the story, the Gods of Death (apparently there are a few) will die if they disrupt the order of things and extend lifes instead of ending them. follow the manga to find out what happened =P

    remember to have the intended receiver of the curse's image in your mind when writing the name. wouldn't want to have 'same-name-wrong-person' identity crisis a lot of 'osamas' and 'bushes' around the world lol

  8. #48

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    You cannot kill death....btw the item belongs to him.....but I heard there is a way to kill him. . Anybody can enlighten?
    heard possible also, havent read the book, dunno yet. maybe part 2 of the movie?

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    heard possible also, havent read the book, dunno yet. maybe part 2 of the movie?
    the anime series (which was released recently) is . very well done. now waiting for part 2 of the movie series lor

  10. #50
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    according to the story, the Gods of Death (apparently there are a few) will die if they disrupt the order of things and extend lifes instead of ending them. follow the manga to find out what happened =P

    remember to have the intended receiver of the curse's image in your mind when writing the name. wouldn't want to have 'same-name-wrong-person' identity crisis a lot of 'osamas' and 'bushes' around the world lol
    Use to read manga a lot, but stopped long time ago, when go into photography. ...Still have a cupboard of mangas, waiting to rot. Dun mind giving away. Anybody interested?????

    Now follow the animation series, which now I think reach episode 4.

    A question post to everyone, are you willing trade in half of your life to have an eye which can know the person's name and date of death????
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    I haven't read the manga nor watched the movie yet, but I was amused by the reviews given by some of our so-called critics in the local papers. Some of the comments they gave:
    went along the lines of like 'thin plot', 'absurb', 'ridiculous sounding name, L' etc etc.

    I was like thinking, isn't this a manga-adapted movie? It's supposed to be a fantasy, of course its got an unbelievable plot.DUH. Sometimes I really wonder if these critics actually watch the shows that they review or understand the cultural background of the films.

    That aside, despite the low rating that our local critics gave, I've heard that the movie is quite popular in other parts of Asia so far though.

  12. #52

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    frankly speaking, besides the cheesy looking death god, i liked the movie...
    quite a creative plot.
    those critics probably fell asleep while watching :P
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    frankly speaking, besides the cheesy looking death god, i liked the movie...
    quite a creative plot.
    those critics probably fell asleep while watching :P
    actually, the death god is the most accurately rendered character in the movie version, compared to the original manga. Light/Raito, L, Misa and various other characters look somewhat different.

    beyond the surface of medicore direction, casting and visual effects in the movie version, the story is actually about the battle of wits. i like it for the way it challenges our notions about justice and morality.

    for those who fell asleep....too bad!

  14. #54

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    don't know if this has been asked before,

    but if you found a Death Note, what would you do with it?
    some japanese guy who found the DEATH NOTE..... must have....

    wrote JAPAN on it.... causing....

    the SINKING OF JAPAN.... and thus....

    alot of us spending weekends in cinema contributing towards japanese film industry....

    whaa.. number one and two leh.... http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/

  15. #55

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    it was Japanese Film Festival during 21 Oct - 29 Oct

  16. #56

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    A question post to everyone, are you willing trade in half of your life to have an eye which can know the person's name and date of death????
    if let's say I have 80 years to live, I only need to give up 40 years of life. and if the book works the same way for me as the death god, then can consider. after killing all the criminals should be able to live beyond 100

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    if let's say I have 80 years to live, I only need to give up 40 years of life. and if the book works the same way for me as the death god, then can consider. after killing all the criminals should be able to live beyond 100
    its giving up wat u have left, for eg, u have about 20 years left, means 10 years, u got 10 months, then 5 months...

    and i think there is also a clause, those whom u kill will also shorten your life, for a human to use... death god the other way round... (time to flip again)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #58
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    its giving up wat u have left, for eg, u have about 20 years left, means 10 years, u got 10 months, then 5 months...

    and i think there is also a clause, those whom u kill will also shorten your life, for a human to use... death god the other way round... (time to flip again)
    Nope. If the death god uses the death note, it can prolong his life by taking the remaining years of that person life and add it on to his.
    Eg. If a person can live up to 60 years old, he is 40 years old now and dead because the death god uses the death note on him, the death god will have the remaining 20 years added to his own life span. But if a human use the death note, there is no such effect.

    A death god can tell a person's name and remaining years remaining because their eyes have the ability, however a human using the death note can trade half of their remaining years of life to aquire the eyes of the death god. So, this is actually shortening the life of the user.

    Check out part 2 and 3 of Death Note Anime Episode 3.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  19. #59
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Nope. If the death god uses the death note, it can prolong his life by taking the remaining years of that person life and add it on to his.
    Eg. If a person can live up to 60 years old, he is 40 years old now and dead because the death god uses the death note on him, the death god will have the remaining 20 years added to his own life span. But if a human use the death note, there is no such effect.

    A death god can tell a person's name and remaining years remaining because their eyes have the ability, however a human using the death note can trade half of their remaining years of life to aquire the eyes of the death god. So, this is actually shortening the life of the user.

    Check out part 2 and 3 of Death Note Anime Episode 3.
    ....Francis, never know you are an animation fan.....we can form a CS animation club here. ....You become moderator??????
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  20. #60
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: If you have a Death Note....

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    ....Francis, never know you are an animation fan.....we can form a CS animation club here. ....You become moderator??????
    Yah. I like those anime like Kindaichi and Kenshin.
    It has been a while since I am onto anime until my friend told me about Death Note.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •